Bearskin commuting?

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

jpar84
Rank 3
Rank 3

Bearskin commuting?

Post by jpar84 »

Hi,

I was wondering if there are any current or former bearskin pilots who would know whether commuitng from YOW, is a possibility.

I'm guessing it would be possible given that YOW is part of the route structure howerver it isn't very close to any of the bases. Bearskin does have agreements with AC, WJ etc.. though right?

So would it depend on your base? Work well from any base? Be a disaster from all bases? Is it common?

Thanks!
JP
---------- ADS -----------

budlight
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Bearskin commuting?

Post by budlight »

Commuting would be a disaster because no one flies yqt-yow direct. With the current scheds, you would at least need a crashpad in yqt for about 10 nights/month. You get 12 days off/month (usually 3, 2, 1, 6 days off blocks) so then you could jumpseat to yow for the 3, 2, and the 6 blocks if you wanted. Also, you'd probably end up overnighting in yow 1-2 nights a months with work.

jpar84
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jpar84 »

budlight wrote:Commuting would be a disaster because no one flies yqt-yow direct. With the current scheds, you would at least need a crashpad in yqt for about 10 nights/month. You get 12 days off/month (usually 3, 2, 1, 6 days off blocks) so then you could jumpseat to yow for the 3, 2, and the 6 blocks if you wanted. Also, you'd probably end up overnighting in yow 1-2 nights a months with work.

Cool thanks!

Maynard
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Maynard »

There's a few guys who have or are commuting from yow or ykf region....but as he said, you will need a crash pad in yqt....ywg has few overnights, so not sure how well that would work

I guess I should write something here.
jpar84
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jpar84 »

Maynard wrote:There's a few guys who have or are commuting from yow or ykf region....but as he said, you will need a crash pad in yqt....ywg has few overnights, so not sure how well that would work

Thanks

Return to “Employment Forum”