50 Q400 at WJ being farmed out

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

iwannasoar
Rank 2
Rank 2

50 Q400 at WJ being farmed out

Post by iwannasoar »

just heard the rumor how's the cool aid?

good luck
---------- ADS -----------

twinpratts
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: 50 Q400 at WJ being farmed out

Post by twinpratts »

Huh?

iwannasoar
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by iwannasoar »

internal memo out a few hrs ago

CAL
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by CAL »

oh my.....

B_Boomer_54
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by B_Boomer_54 »

not surprising news. Some of those 37 routes lose money. Q400 will settle very nicely @ westjet.

ravensrule
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by ravensrule »

I'm calling BS on this "internal memo" until I see it on Westnet...

stickontheice
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by stickontheice »

I'm calling BS too but the rumors are sure flying around.

Howitzer
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Howitzer »

A big BS. Nice try though.

Some of you keep forgetting that WJ is a PUBLICLY traded company, not the mom and pop show you wish you worked for, or the FTU that you're currently at. As such, this information would be required to be made PUBLIC by official channels (not Avcanada) prior to any release to any general workforce.

Kudos for the effort though.

ziggy
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ziggy »

heres a couple of posts from iwannasoar. first one from 2010, second one from 2009.
"
I just recently started working on the ramp with AC and am confused about something. This morning it was beautiful, about 3 degrees not a cloud in the sky. I'm talking perfectly clear. There was no frost or moisture on the ground. And yet, when a 320 was leaving it got the e spray. I'm wondering wh..."

Q.Really you are questioning deicing on a clear morning? When aircraft are usually covered in frost!!

"The bullshit is there but once you get L1 closed and the park brake is released it's a great job. My second career and hopefully my last!"

Well, according to the dates on your posts, it looks like rampie is your third career and probably your last

So in 2010 iwannasoar is a rampie questioning deicing. In other post a big time airline pilot.

I agree with the comment about the FTU you are working for. And what was said above about the Publicly traded company thing. There cant be any internal memos regarding it until its made public knowledge.

Big Pistons Forever
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Big Pistons Forever »

ziggy wrote:heres a couple of posts from iwannasoar. first one from 2010, second one from 2009.
"
I just recently started working on the ramp with AC and am confused about something. This morning it was beautiful, about 3 degrees not a cloud in the sky. I'm talking perfectly clear. There was no frost or moisture on the ground. And yet, when a 320 was leaving it got the e spray. I'm wondering wh..."

Q.Really you are questioning deicing on a clear morning? When aircraft are usually covered in frost!!

"The bullshit is there but once you get L1 closed and the park brake is released it's a great job. My second career and hopefully my last!"

Well, according to the dates on your posts, it looks like rampie is your third career and probably your last

So in 2010 iwannasoar is a rampie questioning deicing. In other post a big time airline pilot.

I agree with the comment about the FTU you are working for. And what was said above about the Publicly traded company thing. There cant be any internal memos regarding it until its made public knowledge.
Busted :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rotten Apple #1
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Rotten Apple #1 »

Man I'm all in favour with anything that brings up the stock price, rumour or not! :D

whiteguy
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by whiteguy »

Rotten Apple #1 wrote:Man I'm all in favour with anything that brings up the stock price, rumour or not! :D
Just curious, are you just a stock or a WJ employee?

I really can't see how you'd be happy with this, rumor or not...

Rotten Apple #1
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Rotten Apple #1 »

Not sure what you mean. My life isn't going to change regardless if we get big airplanes, small airplanes, or no airplanes. I'll still work 15-16 days a month, stay in hotels 12 or so days a month, and still have trouble convincing my large intestine to function prior to leaving the hotel on an early morning YYT departure.

double-j
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by double-j »

ziggy wrote:heres a couple of posts from iwannasoar. first one from 2010, second one from 2009.
"

Iwannasoar didnt write that post, cobra64 did. He was just responding to it. Carry on slagging gents..

ziggy
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ziggy »

Yeah realized that after the fact. Anyhoo, still no credibility. No internal memo was sent out. Lets wait and see what the real story is. Probably wont have to wait too long.

DaveP
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by DaveP »

Hi,

There has been no internal memo released.
The first tid-bit of information on the rumour will be made available tomorrow am.

Cheers.
Dave.

Legacy
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Legacy »

iwannasoar wrote:just heard the rumor how's the cool aid?

good luck
Ahhh words of pure jealousy. I feel sorry for ya.

gulfan
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by gulfan »

See the media release here:

http://www.digitaljournal.com/pr/549603

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

Well, that's very interesting, I was wondering how they were going to fit in regional aircraft with your status pay. So a new airline with the same Westjet low cost structure, my only hope is that it isn't started the same as Westjet, because if I remember correctly, the wages for flying a 737 in the beginning were the lowest perhaps anywhere, at least in North America. The stock options paid off big time but the wages were used against the rest of the pilots flying similar size aircraft.
Here's hoping "WestProp" starts up with industry standard wages and I'm sure a flow through to "WestDad"
Good luck

CanadianEh
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by CanadianEh »

In my most humble opinion I think WestJet should stick to the winning formula that has made it (and other airlines that follow the same formula such as SouthWest) so successful. It is always tempting for airlines to continue growing, but it is common knowledge that airlines realize fewer advantages from economies of scale versus economies of scope and density. Just my thoughts.

Return to “WestJet”