eApis for iPhone

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

lobolabs
Rank 0
Rank 0

eApis for iPhone

Post by lobolabs »

Lobo Labs has a nice iPhone App for eApis called FlashPass. It works for the iPad as well.
Here is a short video:
http://vimeo.com/34993194
---------- ADS -----------

tyndall
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: eApis for iPhone

Post by tyndall »

Lobo Labs also reviewed his own app and gave it five stars saying "Works great!".

Tsk, tsk. :smt018 Impressive amount of five star reviews in the first two days. I didn't think so many pilots would find a new brand new app, have a chance to test it on a cross border flight
and write a review so quickly.

And only for IOS5. Only good for iPhone 4+ (nobody stupid enough to run IOS5 on a 3GS) who don't jailbreak.

Seriously dude, you're making an app that stores personal info and interfaces with government systems, and you can't even be trusted not to screw with customer reviews. :roll:

ANalli
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by ANalli »

The other thing to note is that while the app itself is free, the service is only free for 30 days. It's $60/year after that.

EDIT: The developer is working on implementing a free subscription for the casual flyer. It may be good for 3 round trips (6 eAPIS submissions) but that isn't final. I think that could make the app much more useful to private pilots flying south a few times a year and may be looking for something to make the eAPIS process easier for those less familiar with it.

Anthony

SkyWriterSoft
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by SkyWriterSoft »

tyndall wrote:Lobo Labs also reviewed his own app and gave it five stars saying "Works great!".

Tsk, tsk. :smt018 Impressive amount of five star reviews in the first two days. I didn't think so many pilots would find a new brand new app, have a chance to test it on a cross border flight
and write a review so quickly.

And only for IOS5. Only good for iPhone 4+ (nobody stupid enough to run IOS5 on a 3GS) who don't jailbreak.

Seriously dude, you're making an app that stores personal info and interfaces with government systems, and you can't even be trusted not to screw with customer reviews. :roll:
Actually, I run iOS5 on a 3GS. But I'm more cheap than stupid. Works fine, just a bit slow.
You can hire companies to write reviews for your new App. So if you see a lot of "Works great!" reviews then they are probably not genuine.

TeePeeCreeper
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by TeePeeCreeper »

Actually, I run iOS5 on a 3GS. But I'm more cheap than stupid. Works fine, just a bit slow.
You can hire companies to write reviews for your new App. So if you see a lot of "Works great!" reviews then they are probably not genuine.
Oh yeah! Great with those comments I'm just iching to load up your app!

Sure call me stupid, yeah... Then try to defend your product by telling me "well I coulda hired someone else to write the review, but I was too cheap to hide my tracks, so I wrote a self based shameless review on my own" ....

Well done! You've just earned the "worse app designer of marketing of the year award"!

Seriously WTF?

Last edited by TeePeeCreeper on Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Beefitarian
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Beefitarian »

Hate to interupt your excellent rant/reprimand Teepee but in theory those two seperate accounts could be seperate people also.

TeePeeCreeper
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re:

Post by TeePeeCreeper »

Beefitarian wrote:Hate to interupt your excellent rant/reprimand Teepee but in theory those two seperate accounts could be seperate people also.

Well aware of that Beef, but thanks for the heads up!

The fact remains that ultimately, anyone who bases/justifies themselves or the competition on being able to provide self based reviews is not going to earn my buisness.... Cui bono? Me thinks.

meflypretty
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by meflypretty »

You can usually tell a genuine review from a sales pitch.

EIther way, I'm happy to see another pilot app on the market.

Return to “General Comments”