Pilot Career Centre Prep - Air Canada

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

mogas
Rank 1
Rank 1

Pilot Career Centre Prep - Air Canada

Post by mogas »

I have a few questions on the PCC prep for anyone that has used it recently/previously to help prepare for the AC interview...

How many of you new-hires here have used the interview prep?

How accurate are the personality/behavioural interview questions?

Does it prepare you for the cog and psych test?

How to score high points during the interview and tests?

Does it give you a mental picture of what to expect? (I.e. entrance into the building, number of interviewers, receptionist/clerk/janitor watching your every move, etc...)

Has anyone got PFO'd after using the prep course?

Thanks all!!!
---------- ADS -----------

Sea2Sky
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Pilot Career Centre Prep - Air Canada

Post by Sea2Sky »

mogas wrote:How many of you new-hires here have used the interview prep?

I have, and many people I've spoken to have somewhere along the way. The more important question is, "how many people who were PFO'd DIDN'T take the course"
mogas wrote:How accurate are the personality/behavioural interview questions?
Very accurate
Does it prepare you for the cog and psych test?
For me, not really. They give you an idea of what the tests are like, but there is no effective way to prepare for them that will give you a significant advantage
How to score high points during the interview and tests?
That's the whole point of the course. They'll help you structure your responses and teach you key words that get the interviewers' attention. They'll also tell you the pitfalls to avoid... this was the most important lesson I got from it.
Does it give you a mental picture of what to expect? (I.e. entrance into the building, number of interviewers, receptionist/clerk/janitor watching your every move, etc...)
Dude(tte), seriously!? This isn't Black Ops... or Cathay
Has anyone got PFO'd after using the prep course?
Obviously... I know several. $400 isn't going to buy you the job, it's a prep course. Will you be better for it afterwards? Definitely. The work is up to you. Put it to you this way... I haven't met anybody who got the job and was arrogant enough to say afterwards, "I could have gotten the job without the course... what a total waste of time."

mogas
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by mogas »

Ok, so to my understanding...

You get Skype, send them an email of your resume and background/experience, set up a date and give Skype username, pay, and you receive the prep course?

How long and is there a time limit for the practice interview?

I suppose the advices, tips, and notes will be received during the debriefing for your performance...

groundtoflightdeck
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by groundtoflightdeck »

Critique as you go. It feels a lot like a hard day in the sim. I believe that it's about 3.5hrs there isnt a limit but I'm sure it would be cut off somewhere.

And for the entrance... Go under the big air Canada logo pick up the phone and dial the extension listed :D Then after you check in you get to sit in the break room- looking very clearly like you are there for an interview. It's not just the janitor watching, lol

shagger
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by shagger »

I am a new hire. Start the 6th of feb. PCC prep was very thorough and prepared me extremely well for the interview. I will say you must practice for the interview and rehearse your stories for the panel so that they hit the major points they are looking for.
As for the psych eval not much to prepare for there just be honest. The cog test pcc will give you info on that too and it all helps. In the end however it comes down to you.
Would I spend the 4 hundred again. Yup without question. It was well worth it. Give yourself the best chance possdible to make your best impression.

Le Shaggeur (my french pseudonym lol)

mogas
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by mogas »

Is the mock interviewer a (ex)pilot from AC?

shagger
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by shagger »

The guy that did mine was i believe with emirates...Canadian guy though did the interview from gatwick...really good commentary and constructive criticism. There are ones from AC though. I don't think it really matters though.

Return to “Air Canada”