Air Canada pilots union: airline has abandoned talks

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10
Location: I'm retired. I don't want to'I don't have to and you can't make me.

Re: Air Canada pilots union: airline has abandoned talks

Post by Old fella »

Rockie wrote:
Old fella wrote:Resignation is the first step for old age!!
And here I thought it was malfunctioning equipment... :wink:
If malfunction doesn't "straighten out".... consult MEL under the "blue" tab, monitoring progress is essential....

:mrgreen:
---------- ADS -----------

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

And if the equipment subsequently operates for more than four hours consult a mechanic.

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10
Location: I'm retired. I don't want to'I don't have to and you can't make me.

Post by Old fella »

Make sure said maintenance person carries the correct tool”box”. Discrepancies have been noted as to who fits what and where which has led to confusion, resulting in delays. Air Canada strives to be a “safe’ airline. :!: :!: :idea:

777longhaul
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by 777longhaul »

I have never met Rockie, nor do I know who he/she is?

I dont know how long on the tooth she/he is.

I dont see him/her as anything less, than 100% correct, on her/his take of AC, AC management, and especially, acpa.

I hear....that he/she is junior, (in AC that could be 10 or so years) and that he/she is not close to retirement, but I do know, that he/she is astute, and very up, on union workings, (acpa/alpa) and the day to day operations, of AC and its, so called, managment team. Now, lets see.......To the AC team ...just go and go, stock is now less than a buck, spelt with a "b"

Just an observation, from the side lines. Go Rockie, go! Thank you for staying the course.

ratherbee
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ratherbee »

Sea2Sky,

ACPA already gave it's position on essential service to the Senate:

"I wanted to address the question that the senator asked about the essential service. There are few countries on this planet — I can think of two, maybe three — where you can fly an airplane for five hours and never leave the country. It is a broad country, and I believe is an essential service.

I heard some numbers, we have 24,000 employees. I heard our support network is in the tune of a quarter million people. Jobs depend on us flying every morning at seven o'clock. I believe it is essential.

If Air Canada goes on strike, there are other options to fly. There are always other options, but not covering the network we have. Not many countries this size have one airline. The United States has dozens of airlines that fly transport category jets, where Air Canada has one. We have WestJet, but they provide a different service than we do. There would be a crisis to get the people from coast to coast, including representatives back to Ottawa from their ridings all across the country, if we were not flying."

vic777
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by vic777 »

777longhaul wrote:To the AC team ...just go and go, stock is now less than a buck, spelt with a "b"
So how much does 51% of AC cost then? What percentage could ACPA buy with the money soon to be wasted on "settlements"? Could ACPA buy a few seats on the Board?

bearinmind
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by bearinmind »

class a ac.a $44,000
class b ac.b $246,000,000
class wt ac.wt $4,766,000
total $250,000,000 ish

Half the company would cost you $125,000,000 today, or 41200/pilot

Thats yesterdays figures, they are higher than the average for the last week.

Now would you want to buy a cpompany that was only worth a couple months wages of its entire employee group? Hmmmmm?

Would it be worth it to fire CR just before his 5 million bonus time? Probably

Return to “Air Canada”