Jazz college grad new hires?f

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

BingBong
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: Jazz college grad new hires?f

Post by BingBong »

Actually this was a valid Q I had....how is that going to even be possible to sit left seat with only 100 PIC and a CPL
---------- ADS -----------

AutoPilot Off
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by AutoPilot Off »

Or can any of these college kids move on to better gigs? Yes at 21 years old right seat of the dash or rj might be pretty sweet. But to move up or on from there could be difficult. Brilliant move by mgt, keep a steady stream of grads to plug that never ending treadmill that is the f/o seniority list.

RFN
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by RFN »

At least one of the college kids is already at AC.

If you are reading this from up North, don't you feel special now.

What a joke.

RudderWhat
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by RudderWhat »

WJ733 wrote:
YQLRookie wrote:Haha, some nice Top Gun quotation there Maverick. On the subject of the college grad hiring, can anybody give me a brief explanation of it? How does the program work?
Well, I am Graduate of a two-year Aviation Diploma and we had the "Jazz Award" which basically meant that at the end of the two year program, all class mates wrote down their candidate of whom should get the award. Then, after evaluating their marks and flight progress, the instructors would agree on the top two candidates of the class. They then get elected and got sent to Toronto or wherever Jazz does their sim eval and after the interview, they find out if they are Jazz material and get offered a spot in the ground school or not.
What is "Jazz material"?

Lateralus
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Lateralus »

RFN wrote:At least one of the college kids is already at AC.

If you are reading this from up North, don't you feel special now.

What a joke.

My thoughts exactly. So much for "paying your dues". :roll:

ng78
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by ng78 »

Well, for those of you pissed off at this whole idea, I'm told the program has been expanded and more college grads will land in the right seat of Jazz aircraft as their first gigs.

Lateralus
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Lateralus »

ng78 wrote:Well, for those of you pissed off at this whole idea, I'm told the program has been expanded and more college grads will land in the right seat of Jazz aircraft as their first gigs.

Yes we know, the program has been ongoing for a few years now and will continue.

YQLRookie
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by YQLRookie »

Is there a list of the colleges that do the Jazz-lotto type program? Anybody gone through the program?

RFN
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by RFN »

Don't worry, they are the expensive ones that only AC kids get to attend.

Hoov
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Hoov »

RFN wrote:Don't worry, they are the expensive ones that only AC kids get to attend.
...Or subsidized by the Government.

ng78
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by ng78 »

Lateralus wrote:
ng78 wrote:Well, for those of you pissed off at this whole idea, I'm told the program has been expanded and more college grads will land in the right seat of Jazz aircraft as their first gigs.

Yes we know, the program has been ongoing for a few years now and will continue.
I said it will be expanded, not continued, so maybe you don't know as you suggest. Right now only a handful of the top students get the "Jazz Award" with subsequent interviews, and chance at employment with Jazz. It will be different going forward.

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”