What airlines does Air Canada hire from?

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

CRJ-705
Rank 2
Rank 2

What airlines does Air Canada hire from?

Post by CRJ-705 »

just curious what airlines air canada does the majority of its hiring from? I know a lot of people say air georgian and central mountain air, but do they hire just as much from companies like thunder, bearskin, wasaya, perimeter?
---------- ADS -----------

bananaskins
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: What airlines does Air Canada hire from?

Post by bananaskins »

Ethiopean Airlines?

yycflyguy
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by yycflyguy »

CRJ-705 wrote:just curious what airlines air canada does the majority of its hiring from? I know a lot of people say air georgian and central mountain air, but do they hire just as much from companies like thunder, bearskin, wasaya, perimeter?
Yes. They hire from all Tier III, Tier II, military, corporate, cargo, other airlines....

Far
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Far »

What kind of experience are they looking for right now ?

crj_705
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by crj_705 »

Pilots that know how to taxi really, really fast!!!! :lol:

crj-erj
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by crj-erj »

AC hires quite a bit from the two - CMA and georgian, others at that level would be bearskin or regional 1( and other dash8 operators).
Jazz supplies a few, although you are not elligable(at least in 2007) for AC from jazz, until you have worked at least 2 years at Jazz (AC knows it dose not make sence to train a pilot at jazz, then have them retrained not to long after for the mainline fleet, read this in "so you want to be a pilot eh".

-J

Last edited by crj-erj on Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lateralus
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Lateralus »

crj-erj wrote:AC hires quite a bit from the two - CMA and georgian, others at that level would be bearskin or regional 1( and other dash8 operators).
Jazz supplies a few, although you are not elligable for AC from jazz, until you have worked at least 2 years at Jazz (AC knows it dose not make sence to train a pilot at jazz, then have them retrained not to long after for the mainline fleet, read this in "so you want to be a pilot eh".

-J
I don't even know where to start with this one..... :roll:

ywg9
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ywg9 »

Lol, I think your book is a tad bit out of date. I know lots of guys getting the call from Jazz most of the guys been there under two years most around one year and some under one year myself included

JBI
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by JBI »

When I wrote "So, You Want to be a Pilot, Eh?" in late 2006 and 2007, there was a general freeze in hiring new hires from Jazz. As Air Canada and Jazz have split into completely different companies I don't think this is still the case. That's the problem with having something in print, you can't easily update things everytime Air Canada changes its hiring policies or another airline goes bankrupt! I've thought of doing a new edition, but it's a huge time commitment and although I'm involved in the industry, I'm somewhat separated from the latest updates in the flight training industry and trends in airline hiring.

That being said, the vast majority of the information in the book is still very relevant and topical. Especially the considerations regarding the reasons for becoming a pilot and the routes to get there. Everybody is different, but, in these somewhat uncertain labour times, you really need to consider the reasons you are becoming a pilot and have a back-up plan. Don't just get into it because you want to fly the big iron!

I try to answer questions that are e-mailed to me.

Cheers

Return to “Air Canada”