Ah, Airmanship, Where Has It Gone?

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Brown Bear
Rank 7
Rank 7

Ah, Airmanship, Where Has It Gone?

Post by Brown Bear »

Talked to a pilot today who actually claimed he didn't care if his aircraft was "sand blasted", stating..."It needs paint anyway..." It was very poorly parked. He didn't care. Honey Badger don't give a shit.
Same guy stated an accident happened because "once the strip was in sight, a missed approach could not have been carried out because he wouldn't have GOT THE JOB DONE....." Seriously? Are some of you people really retarded??? BTW, THREE people DIED in the accident......and this guy figured it was all about "getting the job done...."
Comments welcome....I don't make this stuff up.
:bear: :bear:
---------- ADS -----------

BTyyj
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Ah, Airmanship, Where Has It Gone?

Post by BTyyj »

Not sure if this is a lack of airmanship or just a lack of intelligent, common sense, and in the first case, simply laziness.

Last edited by BTyyj on Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cat Driver
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Cat Driver »

For sure such individuals should never be flying period.....never mind commercially.

iflyforpie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by iflyforpie »

What do you mean 'where has it gone?' There are volumes of accident reports and a planet full of wrecked aircraft from the beginning of aviationdom related to poor airmanship.

Just saying, not excusing the behaviour.

Meatservo
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Meatservo »

Don't start this shit again. I can tell you what's going to happen. I will come on here blaming it on poor testing and Transport Canada, . will come on here and blame it on "kids these days" and Transport Canada, and "colonel Sanders" will come on here and show us a video of a wicked airshow performance. The thread will go to about three pages long until someone blames it on Air Canada, a fight will start, "colonel Sanders" will post another great video, and then it will be over. Then you'll go to work and get sandblasted.

Doc
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Doc »

Meatservo wrote:Don't start this shit again. I can tell you what's going to happen. I will come on here blaming it on poor testing and Transport Canada, . will come on here and blame it on "kids these days" and Transport Canada, and "colonel Sanders" will come on here and show us a video of a wicked airshow performance. The thread will go to about three pages long until someone blames it on Air Canada, a fight will start, "colonel Sanders" will post another great video, and then it will be over. Then you'll go to work and get sandblasted.
Meat! Got to be honest with you mate, that was the funniest post I've seen in a very long time. And....it's SO true!
There really is no way to stop pilots from being stupid. Some just are. And, I'm outta here, on this one.

Dr. Mcillicuddy
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dr. Mcillicuddy »

abobly up on the roof sorting airmail

cdnpilot77
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by cdnpilot77 »

Brown Bear wrote:Talked to a pilot today who actually claimed he didn't care if his aircraft was "sand blasted", stating..."It needs paint anyway..." It was very poorly parked. He didn't care. Honey Badger don't give a shit.
Same guy stated an accident happened because "once the strip was in sight, a missed approach could not have been carried out because he wouldn't have GOT THE JOB DONE....." Seriously? Are some of you people really retarded??? BTW, THREE people DIED in the accident......and this guy figured it was all about "getting the job done...."
Comments welcome....I don't make this stuff up.
:bear: :bear:
The things that came out of his mouth was some of the craziest sh&t I have heard a pilot say!

126.7_STFU
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by 126.7_STFU »

Meatservo wrote:Don't start this shit again. I can tell you what's going to happen. I will come on here blaming it on poor testing and Transport Canada, . will come on here and blame it on "kids these days" and Transport Canada, and "colonel Sanders" will come on here and show us a video of a wicked airshow performance. The thread will go to about three pages long until someone blames it on Air Canada, a fight will start, "colonel Sanders" will post another great video, and then it will be over. Then you'll go to work and get sandblasted.

More....

I nearly soiled myself.

Thank you for that ! Can't wait for the airshow video !

robertsailor1
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by robertsailor1 »

Just spit my tea out....too funny

Panama Jack
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Panama Jack »

Meatservo, you have a great sense of humor (and great observation skills).

rapid602
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by rapid602 »

The comments above were funny, but, if in fact aviation and airmanship skills are not what we are used to, how much of that stems from the lack of respect that seems to be growing in leaps and bounds, the lack of pride that seems to be in the work place, and the flying schools setting higher standards for the students that fly their aircraft. When I was learning to fly there was more than one guy hauled into the office and told "do it again and you can go to the other school and wreck their planes" I worked the desk for a flying school and was told several times ..." Do not rent an aircraft to him ... tell him to call me ( the owner ) if he needs to know why.... "

I truly beleive that deep down if someone commits to TRYING TO DO THE BEST THEY CAN & ACTUALLY GIVES A SH#T ... the cream will rise to the top. Some fancy public speaker says all the time "things will get better ... when you get better "

I honestly believe that if you take pride in what you do, demand the best from yourself, and really put in the effort to be the best you can be .... Those skills will shine through in your flying ... and I bet its contagious ... just as oh well, its good enough, deal with it attitudes that seem to be growing in popularity.

I don't have a video for here ...

Colonel Sanders
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Colonel Sanders »

You didn't like the F-104 video? Pity. I thought it was an incredible display of airmanship.

rapid602
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by rapid602 »

Colonel Sanders wrote:You didn't like the F-104 video? Pity. I thought it was an incredible display of airmanship.
Was that directed at me ???

rapid602
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by rapid602 »

That video was great ... music rocked !!! I like the guy with the big hands. !!!

MacStork
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by MacStork »

HAHAHAHAHA! HILARIOUS!!! Great post ...... it should remind us all that we should NEVER lose our sense of humour!

flyinthebug
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by flyinthebug »

LMFAO!!!! I nominate this for "Best post of the decade on AvCanada!!!! :) Well stroked Meat! and BANG ON correct!! lol. :lol:

Beefitarian
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Beefitarian »

Cat Driver wrote:For sure such individuals should never be flying period.....never mind commercially.
I have no problem with him flying cargo to airstrips with no other traffic. I don't think he should have to get an airworthiness certificate even. If he thinks the plane will make it, let him try.

All these safety laws like helmets, seat belts, no smoking while fueling the plane... Those should all be taken off the books, they're messing with natural selection.

If he ever has passengers they should just be provided with full disclosure.

"The pilot of this flight does not care about the safety of the plane and especially you.
We think he's great because he "Get's the job done!"
If you require a different flight with a compitent crew there will be no extra charge but you will need to wait.
If you've got the balls to go up with this dummy please sign the waiver.
Notice all forms of insurance are void for this flight."

BverLuver
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by BverLuver »

Meatservo, your comments are very funny and very astute, however back on topic. Owners/CP's of the 702/703 world, does the attitude displayed by this pilot (which I am sure is not singular in nature) not scare you to no end knowing they are out there flying YOUR airplanes and YOUR customers? If it were my equipment-customers-company-reputation on the line, this would be a real big eye opener. I am very curious as to who this pilot was flying for and whether it is company culture or just plain ignorance in the younger generation taking the lead here.

BL

Beefitarian
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Beefitarian »

There has allways been some guys like that Bverlover. I bet . has stories from before I was birthed about guys willing to take the chance to "get the job done."

I think they tended to keep a bit more quiet about it in the past because it was not accepted by most pilots.

Return to “General Comments”