What Catagory of approaches is WestJet cetrified?

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

flyboynextdoor
Rank 1
Rank 1

What Catagory of approaches is WestJet cetrified?

Post by flyboynextdoor »

Hey Guys,
I'm hoping to get into 705 next year when Big Blue starts little blue and wondering what catagory approaches is WestJet certified to do?
With those RNP approaches are you given an Ops Spec to do lower mins??
I know those are two seperate questions
I like to find these answers myself but this time I dont know where to look.

I just saw a video on youtube that blew my mind
Awesome landing in a DHC-8-400 series
it must be a 402 (1999)or later??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=Yv9 ... =endscreen

Another question, do recruiters monitor these boards? hahahaha
---------- ADS -----------

CCR
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: What Catagory of approaches is WestJet cetrified?

Post by CCR »

NDB, VOR/LOC, BCLOC, ILS CAT's 1-3a, GPS, GPS Overlay's, RNP .3, .2, .15, .10 Canada, RNP .3 USA. Any Non-precision approach that does not have a charted minimum temperature, must not be flown using VNAV 0 degree's C and below. V/S mode would be used. Non-precion approaches are normally flown utilizing the LNAV mode.

Right now, WestJet is the only operator in Canada conducting RNAV RNP approaches. Each Canadian RNP approach has been designed by and for WestJet 37 aircraft. Each RNP approach is charted with a .3, .2, .15 and .10 minima. We normally utilize .3 unless weather conditions dictate we use a lesser RNP value to have the approach be successful. For many airports, the difference in minimums for each value are very small to non-existant. One OPS SPEC covers the use of all RNP approach capabilities.

DaveP is the pilot responsible for overseeing pilot hiring (along with the People department). I believe he may or maynot have a hand in the pilot selection for Westjet XYZ. He'll answer if he see's your post.

Cheers!

flyboynextdoor
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: What Catagory of approaches is WestJet cetrified?

Post by flyboynextdoor »

Hey CCR thanks for the info.
I was doing a little reading on the RNPs. I figured it was an ops spec. Alaska Airlines started those hey?
Cool stuff
Those Catagory 3 ILSs are amazing.
Makes all the approaches I'm doing right now look like bad contact approaches lol.

Return to “WestJet”