Hours Flown per month - Pilots

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

looproll
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Hours Flown per month - Pilots

Post by looproll »

Hey folks. I believe the monthly guarantee is 77.5 hours with anything over 82.5 overtime, but what are you guys actually flying per month? Trying to get an idea of the min and max. If you want to fly a lot, what's the max you've flown in a month? If you don't, can you keep it pretty close to that 77.5 or what? Thanks.
---------- ADS -----------

Duster
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Hours Flown per month - Pilots

Post by Duster »

Averaged about 70-75 hours per month in the logbook (80-85 hours paid block) for the last twelve years. Have flown up to 115 hours on a big overtime month. Around 50-60 hours on a month with a weeks holidays. Hope that helps.

twinpratts
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by twinpratts »

I've been blocked to 81.5-83 or so every month for the last 12 mos. If you want to pick up someone else's shift at straight time, you can fly as much as you want as long as you don't go over CARS max, and if you post yourself available for 'On Call', and Crew Sked calls you, it's time and a half.
As long as you don't violate yourself, you can fly as much as you like. The extreme is to fly your a$$ off during vacation months... I once was paid for the equivalent of 50 hrs of straight time in 12 days (4.5 hrs min credit days at time and a half) and still got paid for a full month's block on top of that. I was able to do this since I didn't fly the amount I was paid, and thus didn't go over my CARS max. This was an extreme example, and doesn't happen very often. Having said that, I did 30K of OT last year, and it wasn't that difficult... doing a bit every month or two.

KAG
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by KAG »

81 credit hours a month here average. It's easy to pick up extra flying, my best months were during vacation blocks when I've double dipped.

Tanker299
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tanker299 »

How many duty hours do you put in for those 80some hours of credit time?

looproll
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by looproll »

thanks guys

Franky Jr
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Franky Jr »

I love flying when I am on vacation too! I guess that's why I became a pilot.

Smitty
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Smitty »

It's nice to at least have the choice.

Return to “WestJet”