Air Canada sending Embraer 175/190s to Express

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Fanblade
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Air Canada sending Embraer 175/190s to Express

Post by Fanblade »

TheSuit wrote:Edited: Not worth the effort. Carry on, gentlemen.
Now ya tell me? :-)

Wow. I don't recall seeking sympathy. Sounds like you guys have already bought party favours for the funeral?
---------- ADS -----------

std by
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by std by »

With all the comments about the flying going to the lowest bidder, fingers should be pointed to some of our retired Air Canada pilots flying at Sky Regional earning the low bar wage, while comfortably collecting their pensions. This in spite of their mainline compatriots. This too should be addressed before blame is directed anywhere else.

haironfire
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by haironfire »

With all the comments about the flying going to the lowest bidder, fingers should be pointed to some of our retired Air Canada pilots flying at Sky Regional earning the low bar wage, while comfortably collecting their pensions. This in spite of their mainline compatriots. This too should be addressed before blame is directed anywhere else.
Couldn't agree more! Very good points on this thread.

Mig29
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Mig29 »

std by wrote:With all the comments about the flying going to the lowest bidder, fingers should be pointed to some of our retired Air Canada pilots flying at Sky Regional earning the low bar wage, while comfortably collecting their pensions. This in spite of their mainline compatriots. This too should be addressed before blame is directed anywhere else.
I totally forgot about this....Because you are quite correct, as it's well aware that the Sky Reg flight deck is full of former/retired "heavy" drivers from various airlines including AC! Thanks for the brain refresher :wink:

Localizer
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Localizer »

Sorry Fanblade .. no party favours .. why? .. because there are no winners, except for the corporations ..

FADEC
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by FADEC »

So I asked one of the Sky Regional "Retired" guys about flying for lower wages while collecting a Pension from AC.

He said he would be quite happy to forgo the Pension, leave Sky Regional and return to Air Canada. He pointed out that he never asked to leave Air Canada or start collecting a Pension

He suggested it is unfair to criticise someone for accepting a job elsewhere when their previous employment was terminated. He had an option for an Exec job, but the Sky one was better.

std by
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by std by »

[quote="FADEC"]So I asked one of the Sky Regional "Retired" guys about flying for lower wages while collecting a Pension from AC.

He said he would be quite happy to forgo the Pension, leave Sky Regional and return to Air Canada. He pointed out that he never asked to leave Air Canada or start collecting a Pension

He suggested it is unfair to criticise someone for accepting a job elsewhere when their previous employment was terminated. He had an option for an Exec job, but the Sky one was better''

Really....Serious. He is working at the airline that CR set up to undermine all unionized pilots at A/C and Jazz for that matter.Is accepting the sub standard wage that CR is trying to drive all of us to. Just because after a long and profitable career he didn't want to hang them up....If he feels he was terminated, and wants to continue to fly he should do so...ANYWHERE else. Please don't try to normalize a bad decision...

flyer 1492
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by flyer 1492 »

You have to love ACPA for that one. Not only can they fly past 60, but collect a pension as well. Might as well inform all the close to 60 pilots to send their resumes to Sky. Also I hope that the retired pilots are not commuting to work using their passes...

YYZSaabGuy
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by YYZSaabGuy »

flyer 1492 wrote:You have to love ACPA for that one. Not only can they fly past 60, but collect a pension as well. Might as well inform all the close to 60 pilots to send their resumes to Sky. Also I hope that the retired pilots are not commuting to work using their passes...
I don't normally get involved in the forum debates around AC and ACPA, but seriously, people, you've got to get over this mindset. They're retired. They earned their pension. They earned their passes. They earned the right to employ their flying skills wherever, and for whomever, they want to, regardless of how ACPA (or anyone else) may feel about it. Being mandatorily retired at 60 because ACPA years ago cut a deal with AC doesn't necessarily inspire the same level of loyalty that you might feel.

And no, I don't fly for AC or anyone else - just an interested observer.

flyer 1492
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by flyer 1492 »

I don't care what the retirees do when they leave the company, it is just another way we all lose when the bar is lowered.

BingBong
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by BingBong »

funny there are a bunch of jazz pilots who also "earned" their passes....but are no longer in possession of them

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

Not to mention Jazz pilots on the TC program had their pass privledges pulled while they are on the 57, told they will be monitored to make sure they aren't used for commuting. Fair is fair, I also guarantee that some of the TC pilots have earned their 25 year passes.\

And one day later, they don't need to worry about using their passes.

Last edited by mbav8r on Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BingBong
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by BingBong »

oh well...tomorrow is the supposed big day...and friday the 13th to boot. lol This whole situation reminds me of a little game I used to play

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFfxld5sk0U

bearinmind
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by bearinmind »

They just installed an embraer IPT on the jazz side of the CAE building. Its not a matter of if, its just when.

proper
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by proper »

yup, its overflow from CAE in Denver. Property of CAE not Air Canada or Jazz...sorry

BingBong
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by BingBong »

gotta start somewhere ;)

Tiny Tyke
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tiny Tyke »

delete

Plim Sole
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Plim Sole »

Confirmed. 3 techs working to set it up. So it's not 'overflow', it's being set up because CAE needs it for a client. I wonder who........... :lol:

Ah_yeah
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Ah_yeah »

Plim Sole wrote:Confirmed. 3 techs working to set it up. So it's not 'overflow', it's being set up because CAE needs it for a client. I wonder who........... :lol:
Overflow..for a client. This is what CAE provide for clients. I'm sure Jazz can bid on the flying though. I'm thinking FO's starting at 23k or so.

cv990
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by cv990 »

^ ^ Perhaps if another carrier got the flying. If it went to Jazz (and I'm not suggesting it is going anywhere right now), or if Jazz got any other flying from elsewhere, the FO's would make the same salary we do now. It wouldn't be lower than what we make on the Dash or RJ. We don't get paid by type.

Return to “Air Canada”