Air Canada sending Embraer 175/190s to Express

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

biatch
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Air Canada sending Embraer 175/190s to Express

Post by biatch »

"I'm thinking FO's starting at 23k or so."

I'm pretty sure Jazz doesn't sell-out its young unlike others. Not on pay; not on reserve either.

But that's just what I've heard.
---------- ADS -----------

teacher
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by teacher »

biatch wrote:"I'm thinking FO's starting at 23k or so."

I'm pretty sure Jazz doesn't sell-out its young unlike others. Not on pay; not on reserve either.

But that's just what I've heard.
That is correct

proper
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by proper »

yup, the skippers actually didnt get a whole lot. The big changes were raises for f/os, pension and per diem. Proud of our guys n gals. Needless to say however we are all in this together.

Black Cat
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Black Cat »

Fellow Jazzers, although it is easy to poke a caged animal this is not the time or place to do so. I don't believe I have seen the same animosity being displayed from AC posters about the loss of our TC flying or the loss of our passes. Have some class guys.

Second, Jazz will not see these planes. If we do, it will be short lived and we WILL find ourselves in the same boat as AC pilots eventually. Think about our unionised unskilled labour costs, thier pernsions, and years of seniority. Put us up against westjet regional and sky regional and our careers are next.

And last but not least, im not sure when u guys started but if allowing your new hires to be paid 35k a year to start and then paying for my own damn uniform wasn't selling us new hires out I don't know what is. The reason the last contract favored the jr is because the vets already made more than any other regional in the world.

Cheers.

Plim Sole
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Plim Sole »

Jazz may or may not see them. It's a brave man who says never. There is more to it than just the basic price of a seat charged by sky regional or jazz.
Starting salary isn't 35 and you only pay for half the uniform.

But,agreed, no need to poke the bear!

biatch
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by biatch »

I can't be the only one to find this "poke the bear" drift comical :lol:

Mig29
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Mig29 »

I agree with Blackcat that we have to stop making fun of people who are in a very serious and desperate situation. You don't want the same boomerang to hit us a year from now. Our current charter fleet of 10 is not going to dig us out of troubles if things hit the fan with AC. And obviously Jazz does not have a back up for 95% of it's CPA....so let's be civilized and classy here.

proper
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by proper »

agreed, as I said we are all in this together and must rebuild a unified relationship. Why is it that there seems to be less animosity from Westjet employees for example than AC? Its been said a thousand times, the only ones to profit are both managements. Split the groups and split the hassles they laugh about. Time to bury the axe and move on. The better mainline does, the better Jazz does. Now more than ever especially with Canadian.. err I mean Westjet regional on the horizon.

There is an unbelievable oppurtunity for AC to repair the damage done to its branding.
As mentioned by several business analysts, Air Canada is very middle and top heavy.
Get rid of Calin and have a new face to build trust, eliminate all non essential middle and upper managers. Provide oppurtunities for senior unionized employees to fill some managerial roles and give the unionized group not necessarily what they want but something much much closer to being fair. Take the money saved by reducing management by 40% and reinvest in customer appeal and satisfaction.

Why is it Air Canada has two to three times the managers that either United or Westjet has based on fleet ratios?

I am but a peon as we all are but an airline is run on staff, without a staff behind the airline, she will sink guaranteed.

Im surprised they never Six Sigma'd management at Air Canada.

Mig29
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Mig29 »

+ 1

FICU
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by FICU »

AC should hire Clive to right the ship... :shock:

c170b53
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by c170b53 »

AC bureaucrats would fight him every turn to remain inefficient.

B-4
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by B-4 »

Yes, that's what I'm hearing as well. AC is shedding Jungle Jets to Express Brands.

hithere
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by hithere »

Dude this thread is 2.5 years old. What are you talking about?

tdp19
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by tdp19 »

LOL, his account was created yesterday. Trying to stir the pot perhaps.... Ask Dukepoint/Fanblade if that will happen, they will set you straight! 8)

Return to “Air Canada”