Jobs at ORNGE

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Post Reply
Doc
Top Poster
Top Poster
Posts: 9241
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 6:28 am

Jobs at ORNGE

Post by Doc »

What happened? New equipment? Rats jumping a "sinking" ship?
Not stirring it up....really curious.
---------- ADS -----------
 
FlyGy
Rank 7
Rank 7
Posts: 549
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:00 pm

Re: Jobs at ORNGE

Post by FlyGy »

I was wondering the same thing.
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
spaner
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 174
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 4:18 am
Location: BC Interior

Re: Jobs at ORNGE

Post by spaner »

That's embarrassing,

That's gotta be the stupidest thing that I've seen in a while.
"We have no pilots and nobody wants to work here...maybe you would like to join our team?"
That's how it reads to me. They had better change their ways or they'll soon be shut down through attrition.

Start by seeking DEC/PC12 and post pay and "on-the-job responsibilities". Enough with this "from above, behind, and beside BS...
---------- ADS -----------
 
Doc
Top Poster
Top Poster
Posts: 9241
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 6:28 am

Re: Jobs at ORNGE

Post by Doc »

• Demonstrates a high level of awareness about what is coming from above, below and beside

Okay, fine then. :smt046

Is it just me, or should the avCanada, 356 post, 15 page thread, on the subject of Ornge in Receivership and Mazza being fired, be required reading for anybody even contemplating uprooting the wife and kids to work for these folks?
---------- ADS -----------
 
Pete
Rank 7
Rank 7
Posts: 534
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:39 pm

Re: Jobs at ORNGE

Post by Pete »

I really enjoyed how all this time you needed an ATPL to fly a single-engine ORNGE aircraft. But now you don't? lol
---------- ADS -----------
 
Doc
Top Poster
Top Poster
Posts: 9241
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 6:28 am

Re: Jobs at ORNGE

Post by Doc »

Pete wrote:I really enjoyed how all this time you needed an ATPL to fly a single-engine ORNGE aircraft. But now you don't? lol
Well Pete, that's because they've joined up with Seneca College, and are selecting some lucky grads for their cadet programme....
---------- ADS -----------
 
Pete
Rank 7
Rank 7
Posts: 534
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:39 pm

Re: Jobs at ORNGE

Post by Pete »

lol nice one Doc. I'm surprised they don't have their pilots sporting nice jackets with stripes on the cuffs and the neat pilot hats too! Have to look dapper and fit the profile with PC-12 requirements like that, right? Ok I'm shutting up. :D
---------- ADS -----------
 
Doc
Top Poster
Top Poster
Posts: 9241
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 6:28 am

Re: Jobs at ORNGE

Post by Doc »

Today they're looking for a DFO? Last one out, turn off the lights.

"Ornge is a modern, vital, evolving organization" Their words. Not mine. Thanks so much for the material.

Just a little short on personnel?

Golden opportunity to get an MBA!
---------- ADS -----------
 
FlyGy
Rank 7
Rank 7
Posts: 549
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:00 pm

Re: Jobs at ORNGE

Post by FlyGy »

Water Cooler gossip is that the newly appointed Base Director for the soon to open Regina STARS Base jumped ship from ORNGE. Just Rumour though, not verified.
---------- ADS -----------
 
ipilot54
Rank 4
Rank 4
Posts: 206
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:58 am

Re: Jobs at ORNGE

Post by ipilot54 »

Well, check this out. OATA made their representation to the "committee" last week. I hear the the Auditor General came up and thanked him personally afterwards, as did the Liberals! Ornge Air was never meant to be....

Tune in at about the 1:43 mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptKzdlFjiJU

The end is near...
---------- ADS -----------
 
Doc
Top Poster
Top Poster
Posts: 9241
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 6:28 am

Re: Jobs at ORNGE

Post by Doc »

ipilot54 wrote: Ornge Air was never meant to be....
.
Think I might have made a comment or two to that affect.
Circling the bowl......at last?
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
spaner
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 174
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 4:18 am
Location: BC Interior

Re: Jobs at ORNGE

Post by spaner »

Nice job Bob,
Not that I have a vested interest either way, but you came across as the most competent man in the room. OATA was well represented.
---------- ADS -----------
 
trey kule
Rank 11
Rank 11
Posts: 4766
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:09 pm

Re: Jobs at ORNGE

Post by trey kule »

Ok, I am coming to the discussion late as I was busy polishing off the old resume and pressing my nice new Captain's uniform, cleaning my shades, and making sure my name brand, serious aviator navigating watch was where it could be seen.......and you tell me they are partnering up with some college? Do I still have a shot at a right seat slot?

The line will be long, The piles of resumes high...It really does not matter, Doc, how much you speak the truth. It will be overlooked, and my chances of a right seat spot in a nice PC 12 will disappear.....after all , I suspect you just posted all this negativity to improve your chances for a right seat in the PC 12 at another Canadian company that cannot spell their name right :smt040 ...Last one was Canadi ! n...... There might be a pattern here...

Like the duck flying over your blind...Dead...just dont know it yet.
---------- ADS -----------
 
2.5milefinal
Rank 4
Rank 4
Posts: 252
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 10:39 am

Re: Jobs at ORNGE

Post by 2.5milefinal »

Rats jumping a "sinking" ship?
Yes I would think there is probably a bit of that going on.
But Porter, Jazz and AC (just to name a few) are making it a somewhat easy jump by hiring these rats ... umm I mean pilots.
---------- ADS -----------
 
Doc
Top Poster
Top Poster
Posts: 9241
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 6:28 am

Re: Jobs at ORNGE

Post by Doc »

2.5milefinal wrote:Rats jumping a "sinking" ship?
Yes I would think there is probably a bit of that going on.
But Porter, Jazz and AC (just to name a few) are making it a somewhat easy jump by hiring these rats ... umm I mean pilots.
Good point. If I were a PC12 driver with Ornge (wonder why I keep getting a spell check on that?) I'd be camped on one of the aforementioned doorsteps!
---------- ADS -----------
 
newguy4
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:57 am

Re: Jobs at ORNGE

Post by newguy4 »

I don't really see whats that bad, aside from the political BS that going on in the upstairs departments. Don't work there, but looking from the outside, its still got a lot going for it. The government is in to deep to just make this 'go away', it would just cost to much, and wouldn't get their monies worth. There is some reform in need I would agree, but I bet in a year or so when things get sorted out, it'll be back to a stable, secure company that operate brand new, high tech airplanes whom have good schedules, benefits and pay. Why all the knocking?
---------- ADS -----------
 
Tiny Voices
Rank 4
Rank 4
Posts: 281
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:46 pm

Re: Jobs at ORNGE

Post by Tiny Voices »

newguy4 wrote:I don't really see whats that bad, aside from the political BS that going on in the upstairs departments. Don't work there, but looking from the outside, its still got a lot going for it. The government is in to deep to just make this 'go away', it would just cost to much, and wouldn't get their monies worth. There is some reform in need I would agree, but I bet in a year or so when things get sorted out, it'll be back to a stable, secure company that operate brand new, high tech airplanes whom have good schedules, benefits and pay. Why all the knocking?
Because the good doctor (Mazza) decided to fix a cost effective, efficient medevac system, which wasn't broken and provided many private sector jobs, by creating this juggernaut of deception, fuelled by his massive ego, which rob the Ontario tax payer of millions and millions of dollars...in a nutshell.
---------- ADS -----------
 
Doc
Top Poster
Top Poster
Posts: 9241
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 6:28 am

Re: Jobs at ORNGE

Post by Doc »

newguy4 wrote:I don't really see whats that bad, aside from the political BS that going on in the upstairs departments. Don't work there, but looking from the outside, its still got a lot going for it. The government is in to deep to just make this 'go away', it would just cost to much, and wouldn't get their monies worth. There is some reform in need I would agree, but I bet in a year or so when things get sorted out, it'll be back to a stable, secure company that operate brand new, high tech airplanes whom have good schedules, benefits and pay. Why all the knocking?
You work there, don't you? Go to the General Comments page. It's the very first one. Now have a look at the "Mazza Fired, Ornge in Receivership" thread. Don't cheat now. Read the whole thread. Then, get back to us. Quite educational. You may learn how Ornge, thanks to the bandit known a Dr. C. Mazza, created unemployment, and private sector company closings to line his own pockets and stroke his massive ego. All this while pulling the wool over the ontario governments moronic eyes and pilfering the tax payers out of countless millions of dollars..

Ornge has NO right to exist. There NEVER was a need for it, and there never will be.
---------- ADS -----------
 
trey kule
Rank 11
Rank 11
Posts: 4766
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:09 pm

Re: Jobs at ORNGE

Post by trey kule »

Wasting your time Doc...There will be hundreds of apps for any jobs at the big O.....pilots will see this as an opportunity...maybe even a good one, as fewer people will apply. They will convince themselves, as one person already posted, that things dont look to bad, and they are sure that they will get better....Interesting from a pilot's perspective to believe a new ops mgr, cp, training pilot, will all be better.......just because......
If O struggles through somehow, and it just might, you will see it "privatized" and then the quality of flight crew, pay, training, will all go to hell in a handbasket in the name of profit...and the accidents will happen....Tell if this does not play out in the next two years...
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
YYZSaabGuy
Rank 8
Rank 8
Posts: 851
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:32 am
Location: On glideslope.

Re: Jobs at ORNGE

Post by YYZSaabGuy »

trey kule wrote:If O struggles through somehow, and it just might, you will see it "privatized" and then the quality of flight crew, pay, training, will all go to hell in a handbasket in the name of profit...and the accidents will happen....
Huh? So the only high-quality, well-paid, well-trained crew out there who don't experience accidents work for non-profit operators?
---------- ADS -----------
 
trey kule
Rank 11
Rank 11
Posts: 4766
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:09 pm

Re: Jobs at ORNGE

Post by trey kule »

Well, at first blush, it would seem that at Air Canada that is the case :smt040

I think you took my post a bit out of context...I was referring to this one specific operator, not a general comment, or a comment that you could assume, as you did, refers to all operators.
Be patient...lets see how it works out.
---------- ADS -----------
 
newguy4
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:57 am

Re: Jobs at ORNGE

Post by newguy4 »

Doc wrote:
newguy4 wrote:I don't really see whats that bad, aside from the political BS that going on in the upstairs departments. Don't work there, but looking from the outside, its still got a lot going for it. The government is in to deep to just make this 'go away', it would just cost to much, and wouldn't get their monies worth. There is some reform in need I would agree, but I bet in a year or so when things get sorted out, it'll be back to a stable, secure company that operate brand new, high tech airplanes whom have good schedules, benefits and pay. Why all the knocking?
You work there, don't you? Go to the General Comments page. It's the very first one. Now have a look at the "Mazza Fired, Ornge in Receivership" thread. Don't cheat now. Read the whole thread. Then, get back to us. Quite educational. You may learn how Ornge, thanks to the bandit known a Dr. C. Mazza, created unemployment, and private sector company closings to line his own pockets and stroke his massive ego. All this while pulling the wool over the ontario governments moronic eyes and pilfering the tax payers out of countless millions of dollars..

Ornge has NO right to exist. There NEVER was a need for it, and there never will be.
Actually no I don't, only outsiders point of view. I've read the threads and see that its a screwed up system, won't deny that. Still they aren't going anywhere now that they have cost so much to put into place. Still an attractive place to work I think. Thanks for the attack though and need to point out your feelings, hope you feel better for pointing out the obvious.
---------- ADS -----------
 
rigpiggy
Rank 10
Rank 10
Posts: 2972
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2005 7:17 pm
Location: west to east and west again

Re: Jobs at ORNGE

Post by rigpiggy »

newguy4 wrote:Actually no I don't, only outsiders point of view. I've read the threads and see that its a screwed up system, won't deny that. Still they aren't going anywhere now that they have cost so much to put into place. Still an attractive place to work I think. Thanks for the attack though and need to point out your feelings, hope you feel better for pointing out the obvious.
You mean like Ehealth or the Gun Registry, if it is proved inefficient, corrupt, or produces enough bad press, they will Sink It Like a 2 foot Putt...............
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
Cat Driver
Top Poster
Top Poster
Posts: 18921
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2004 8:31 pm

Re: Jobs at ORNGE

Post by Cat Driver »

And Ornge is a six inch putt.
---------- ADS -----------
 
Post Reply

Return to “Employment Forum”