Je parle (une petite peu) francais

A la demande des usagers voici le nouveau forum de discussion en Français

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore, Zatopec, Rudder Bug, frog

CellPh2
Rank 1
Rank 1

Je parle (une petite peu) francais

Post by CellPh2 »

Hello to all,

Are there any regional operators in Que, that consider applicants that are not bilingual?

My french background is limited, if I hear a conversation (and it's not too fast) I can pick out words and form an idea of what is being said. Speaking, I could get my point across, although sound like a 3 year old.

I have been to many parts of Quebec and enjoy what is has to offer, it's a beautiful province, and want to one day be fully bilingual. The problem is I have invested a lot into my career and don't keep moving forward as a pilot.

I know English is the international language, but that doesn't help from a customers standpoint. So, are there any companies (703/704) in Que that consider pilots like me, for employment?

Thanks!
---------- ADS -----------

frog
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Re: Je parle (une petite peu) francais

Post by frog »

As a general rule, the more you move north of Montréal, more you need french.
If I were you I would stick around Montréal.
For instance Quebec city is very francophone, Chicoutimi even more.
Also If you show up in a company and you explain that you are enrolled in a French course of some kind, it would help.

benoit.baril
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by benoit.baril »

It doesn't matter as long as you are willing to learn.
Peu importe en autant que tu veuilles apprendre.

CellPh2
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by CellPh2 »

That's one thing I love about the people in Que...I could speak to them like a 3 year old...but it's ok with them because I am trying. Where else does that happen? It's encouraging, and one of the reasons I want to find work there, and learn to speak fluent french.

TeePeeCreeper
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by TeePeeCreeper »

CellPh2 wrote:That's one thing I love about the people in Que...I could speak to them like a 3 year old...but it's ok with them because I am trying.
You've hit the nail on the head so to speak!

Although French Canadian but not born in Quebec, I can understand the frustrations that many French Canadians and Quebecers have... It's very simple... It would seem that it's always up to us to force ourselves to speak in a foreign tong to "accommodate" the Anglophone.

To a French Canadian having an Anglophone make the "effort" to converse in French is heart warming!
My father is a "separatist" and believes in protecting his right to solely speak in French. When an Anglophone makes the effort no matter how poor the result, he will immediately reply to you in perfect English! But why do that I once asked him... His reply "that individual made the effort to accommodate me, seems silly to not accommodate him!
Sounds simple but it's true... Show a little bit of effort and you'll find that there really isn't a language barrier at all!

Best of luck, and with your attitude, you won't have any problems!

Regards,
TPC

Return to “Forum de discussion sur l'aviation en Français”