29 Y/O and career at Jazz

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

CanadaRyan
Rank 0
Rank 0

29 Y/O and career at Jazz

Post by CanadaRyan »

Hi,

I'm 29 and just starting with all of my flying lessons. I'm figuring it will take a good 2-3 years to get them as I work my day job. Am I too old at 29 to have a career with Jazz, eventually becoming a Captain? I thought about Air Canada and Wesjet and although that seems cool, I don't want to be unrealistic about what I can achieve considering how late I'm starting.

Thanks.
---------- ADS -----------

Sleeve of Wizard
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: 29 Y/O and career at Jazz

Post by Sleeve of Wizard »

Not sure why you think AC an WJ are unrealistic.

At Jazz, the average age in my class was 35. Ranged from 25 to 52. I suppose that answers your question. :-)

KAG
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by KAG »

Your not too old but I might suggest you look at all Canadian airlines. Too many variables to count on a position within one specific company.
Your 29, say your licensed by 32. 5 more years of working 703/704/705 companies your now 37. You comfortable can work till 65 - your not too old.

Good luck

The Raven
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by The Raven »

KAG wrote:Your not too old but I might suggest you look at all Canadian airlines. Too many variables to count on a position within one specific company.
Your 29, say your licensed by 32. 5 more years of working 703/704/705 companies your now 37. You comfortable can work till 65 - your not too old.

Good luck
I hate to be the spelling/grammar Nazi, but the word is you're as in you are not too old.

av8ts
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by av8ts »

The Raven wrote:
KAG wrote:Your not too old but I might suggest you look at all Canadian airlines. Too many variables to count on a position within one specific company.

Good luck
I hate to be the spelling/grammar Nazi, but the word is you're as in you are not too old.
Actually I believe it is now ur as in u r

whiteguy
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by whiteguy »

The Raven wrote:

Good luck
And I hate when people use the word Nazi to describe what they're doing! I'm sure many people in the world would have loved it if the Nazis were running around correcting grammar and spelling.

This is a forum about aviation not a fricken spelling bee! Give it a rest!!!!

Sleeve of Wizard
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Sleeve of Wizard »

whiteguy wrote: And I hate when people use the word Nazi to describe what they're doing! I'm sure many people in the world would have loved it if the Nazis were running around correcting grammar and spelling.

+ 1,000,000

Thanks whiteguy

The Raven
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by The Raven »

whiteguy wrote:
The Raven wrote:

Good luck
And I hate when people use the word Nazi to describe what they're doing! I'm sure many people in the world would have loved it if the Nazis were running around correcting grammar and spelling.

Sorry if I offended you. Still, KAG used the word incorrectly four times in his short post. It might come in handy to know the correct use of the word. You would be surprised the number of letters I get that have poor grammar. Most of them go in the garbage.

My post stands.

TOGA Party
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by TOGA Party »

I concur. Hard to look professional when one spells at a fifth grade level. Not to single out KAG - these forums are sometimes rampant with terrible english.

We don't have to be little Hemingways, but I would find it hard to believe Doctors and Lawyers write with such disregard.

burhead1
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by burhead1 »

Lawyers don't write anything, Doctors well good luck reading anything they wrote, Where i come from it is YER not your or you are. LOL

Canadaryan good luck on your career and don't look back.

KAG
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by KAG »

The sad part is I actually do know the difference between your and you're. Maybe it's laziness or partly I hate my IPhone keypad (seems the only time I'm on here is with my iPhone) or maybe it's I honestly do spell and have the grammar of a fifth grader - I'm much better with numbers. Funny enough I heard a CBC report on this very topic and how there is a lack of emphasis on spelling and grammar.
Anyway I too hate "the spelling police" maybe Henri could grace us with a story.
Correct away :smt040

Mach1
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Mach1 »

Oleo 4
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Oleo 4 »

I bet you spelling bee champs are a pure joy to share a long haul with confined in the front!!!!!!! You must love all those GPS points which are not even words in the english language!

cj555
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by cj555 »

CanadaRyan wrote:Hi,

I'm 29 and just starting with all of my flying lessons. I'm figuring it will take a good 2-3 years to get them as I work my day job. Am I too old at 29 to have a career with Jazz, eventually becoming a Captain? I thought about Air Canada and Wesjet and although that seems cool, I don't want to be unrealistic about what I can achieve considering how late I'm starting.

Thanks.

This thread started out so great, with many people offering great advise. I am very interested to hear more input on the original post (see above).

Can we get back to the topic of this thread? I think we all know poor grammar doesn't look good on a resume, that goes without saying.

Johnny#5
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Johnny#5 »

.....standby, I'm check yor post for errors....

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”