Jumpseating on AC aircraft

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Mig29
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Jumpseating on AC aircraft

Post by Mig29 »

Just wanted to hear this straight from the source...There seems to be some confusion who and when is allowed in the j/s on AC flights (AC aircraft only, not Jazz).

Is an AC/Jazz pilot allowed on International flights?

Is an AC/Jazz pilot allowed on International flights overflying or departing/arriving LHR?

Is an AC/Jazz pilot allowed on flights to/from USA?

Is a Jazz pilot allowed on the domestic flight on AC aircraft?

Thanks and keep it civil guys, I'm just trying to clear this up as I keep running into different scenarios and "excuses" lately ....however, there are many nice examples and gestures by fellow colleagues as well, so this is not a rant whatsoever! :D
---------- ADS -----------

burhead1
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Jumpseating on AC aircraft

Post by burhead1 »

bcflyer
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by bcflyer »

I'll do my best to answer what I can for you. I don't do overseas so perhaps one of the widebody guys on here will correct me on those sections.

Domestically: AC and Jazz pilots both allowed in the JS (The order is laid out in the FOM)

To US: AC pilots ONLY allowed in the JS (Must be registered with crewsked and be listed on the flight plan as well. TSA requirement)

Overflying or departing LHR: No one is allowed in the JS.

Internationally: Sorry I'm really not sure..

In my experience as long as the agents follow the pecking order set out in the FOM I haven't seen ANYONE denied the JS. AC or Jazz.

Hope that helps!

Mig29
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Mig29 »

Thanks to both of you guys!

I travel often Internationally so am really curious if that is allowed? (LHR is understood)

As for domestic, I jumped so many times that I can't remember....got denied recently for the first time but am not upset - just surprised.

Cheers

cv990
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by cv990 »

Jazz guy here...regularly have AC guys and gals in the jump, but no-one in the jump for travel to the USA...that requires some nifty paperwork from ops and pretty much never happens....

Just curious as I obviously never do the international stuff, but is the LHR embargo strictly a function of the Olympics, or is that all the time?

bcflyer
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by bcflyer »

The LHR thing is all the time. Not sure why they are so anal about it but it is what it is.

Sorry I can't help more on the international front. I don't do the overseas flying so I'm not familiar with whats allowed. Hopefully one of the other guys can fill in the blanks.

Norwegianwood
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Norwegianwood »

bcflyer wrote:The LHR thing is all the time. Not sure why they are so anal about it but it is what it is.
You can always tell a Brit, you just can't tell 'em very much as they know everything :smt014

Return to “Air Canada”