Jazz exercises options.

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Jazz exercises options.

Post by flyinhigh »

So looks like more q4's for Jazz, just announced that they are getting
6 more and parking 9 RJ's.

If they did these planes up nice than I'd say good on them, but when there the
Biggest shiniest disappointment I've ever saw than it just sucks.

When I say that I mean the cheap ass coffee makers, no potable water, no lav sink to
Wash hands, no IFE's for the 3 hour flights.
---------- ADS -----------

teacher
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: Jazz exercises options.

Post by teacher »

Until people are willing to pay for those things you'll get what you pay for.

DHC-1 Jockey
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by DHC-1 Jockey »

It'll be interesting to see if the RJ drivers make a move back to the props or if they set their sights on AC or WJ instead, especially for those western pilots if the Q's are based in YYZ.

av8ts
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by av8ts »

I have flown the RJ and the Q and I don't think it's a step back. The Q400 is like a shiny new Chevy Silverado 2500HD. If you want a pickup ( and I do) It doesn't get any better. The RJ is like a Ford Probe, yes Ford says it's a sports car and some of the people driving it think it is but we all know it's not.

DHC-1 Jockey
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by DHC-1 Jockey »

av8ts wrote:I have flown the RJ and the Q and I don't think it's a step back. The Q400 is like a shiny new Chevy Silverado 2500HD. If you want a pickup ( and I do) It doesn't get any better. The RJ is like a Ford Probe, yes Ford says it's a sports car and some of the people driving it think it is but we all know it's not.
You win "best analogy of the year" awards for that one, sir. :prayer:

Mig29
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Mig29 »

I think that is positive news over all for Jazz!!

RFN
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by RFN »

A very apt analogy to be sure:

Especially when you consider that the Chevy Pick-up is going to be off-roading the whole time, while driving much slower.

The Probe, underpowered as it is, is still above most of the weather, and is still getting you home much quicker.

proper
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by proper »

yes of course I forgot.... 85 hours on the jet is less than 85 hours on the dash. Did the crj for 6 years, now dashing it up ;-)

Big Pistons Forever
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Big Pistons Forever »

This is just the start of a massive reduction in North American regional airline 50 seat jet flying. With the announced Delta and American Airlines regional fleet plans there is going to be hundreds of small regional jets going to the desert boneyards. Unless we see $30 a barrel oil again nobody can be profitable flying the skidoo. The flying public does give a shit about flying in a jet if the T-Prop ticket is 5 bucks cheaper.

The really sad part is that Bombardier has ceded the 70 plus seat regional jet market to Embraer and the regional T- Prop market to ATR........

av8ts
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by av8ts »

RFN wrote:A very apt analogy to be sure:

Especially when you consider that the Chevy Pick-up is going to be off-roading the whole time, while driving much slower.

The Probe, underpowered as it is, is still above most of the weather, and is still getting you home much quicker.
I don't get that whole going faster getting home quicker thing. If the flight is 60 minutes you take off and 60 minutes later you land. In the RJ you just went farther. As for in the weather I've flown the jets it ain't any smoother at 35o than 25o and if all the jets bitching about the ride everyday is any indication I'd say its worse.

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10
Location: I'm retired. I don't want to'I don't have to and you can't make me.

Post by Old fella »

"The flying public does give a shit about flying in a jet if the T-Prop ticket is 5 bucks cheaper. "

I would suggest there is an element of truth in the above. I have flown on them with Porter and AC Express and I don't find the Q400 that bad at all. I just curtail my intake of Keith's Red at YHZ so won't have to squeeze into the very tight can to drain the lizzard. Most don't know or care about aircraft types, however only commentary I observed is flying on BE1900, I do see some nervous looks. I stay away from those as well

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”