TCAS and TRANSPONDERS

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

CID
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: TCAS and TRANSPONDERS

Post by CID »

6.04 is minimum required. 7.0 is minimum if you want to operate with TCAS in RVSM airspace or in European airspace. 7.1 will be replacing 7.0 very soon due to a serious issue with 7.0. It may well become an AD just like 6.04 back in the day.
---------- ADS -----------

'CauseTheCaravanCan
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by 'CauseTheCaravanCan »

nope, not doin' it man.
why don't you shut off YOUR TCAS when on the ground? You should put that on your checklist.

torquey401
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by torquey401 »

Not sure if this is standard, but on my company's aircraft the TCAS goes to stand-by automatically when gear squat switch sense it is on the ground. The transponder is a after landing checklist item to be switched to stand-by once clear of the runway. The TCAS can be manually selected to operate on the ground if the pilot wishes to watch what is out there while maneuvering on the ground, such as when backtracking.
Maybe the system needs to be looked at if always active. Just my .02. :)

cdnpilot77
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by cdnpilot77 »

'CauseTheCaravanCan wrote:nope, not doin' it man.
why don't you shut off YOUR TCAS when on the ground? You should put that on your checklist.
Very distracting to get a traffic warning at 200' after rotation or short final because you haven't turned your transponder off on the ground

Return to “General Comments”