New Contract thread

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: New Contract thread

Post by rudder »

Fanblade wrote:
Mainline/LCC is guaranteed 77.5% of non international ASM's.
That is true. The old calculation left mainline with a guarantee of 89.3% of the combined ASM's. Now it is 77.5% of the flying that is defined as "the combined ASM's less widebody international ASM's". There are also provisions for the percentage of LCC flying that is to be included in this calculation.

Not quite sure where this snapshot leaves AC today and what it will take in incremental mainline/LCC flying to even allow for the reduction/transfer of the 75 seat flying capacity to the CPA carriers to commence as the traffic numbers that are published are consolidated.
---------- ADS -----------

whiteguy
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by whiteguy »

chatman wrote:
pilotbzh wrote:And For LCC
Air Canada flight attendant

5.04 PURSER DC9, B727, A320, A319
B747, B747CFY
EFFECTIVE
JUNE 1, 2003
I (1st year)
II (2nd year)
III (3rd year)

Pretty sad that the Fas will make more for the first few years
Just so we're clear, your comparing FO/RP pay from Aug 1, 2012 to In Charge pay from 2003?

Nice spin!

Fanblade
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Fanblade »

rudder wrote:
Fanblade wrote:
Mainline/LCC is guaranteed 77.5% of non international ASM's.
Not quite sure where this snapshot leaves AC today and what it will take in incremental mainline/LCC flying to even allow for the reduction/transfer of the 75 seat flying capacity to the CPA carriers to commence as the traffic numbers that are published are consolidated.
There is a little room but not very much. A Canadian North code share will tighten it further. Dropping the 175's puts them very close to violation territory. 60 instantaneous 705's at tier 2 would require a 15% increase in Mainline/LCC non international ASM's.

There isn't a plan to increase Mainline/LCC domestic ASM'S. The plan is to up gauge, a few less NB, with relatively static ASM'S.

I wonder if they even know what they have planned?

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

Fanblade wrote: I wonder if they even know what they have planned?
That is the million dollar question 8) They have been given the keys to the car but do they know where they are going?

loopa
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by loopa »

Doesn't make sense to me why they would be hiring a bunch to simply lay them off ? Huh?

Fanblade
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Fanblade »

loopa wrote:Doesn't make sense to me why they would be hiring a bunch to simply lay them off ? Huh?
There will not be any lay offs as a result of scope. Hiring continues. The amount of hiring will be impacted by the end of mandatory retirement in December.

slickmag
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by slickmag »

They know EXACTLY where they are going... They did it with ZIP, they did it with TANGO. Ask yourselves why.... ??? Is it a way to keep $$ off of the books? What ever it is, it worked for them twice and they are going to do it again and again. Now with the fed's on board making laws so they MUST choose the company decisions and doing it in plane sight show's you how corrupt this country really is. It's another slap in the face.

hapyav8r
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by hapyav8r »

Just wondering...

Jazz has been operating 65 RJs since the earlier part of the last decade. Now we are at 52 and shrinking as the Q400s replace them one for one.

I've heard rumors from pilots at mainline that scope is "basically" gone and that the regionals are now allowed to operate up to 120 seats unrestricted. Apparently from what I've been reading here this is not true. Unless someone could elaborate a bit more on the details of the new scoping rules.

The only thing I'm seeing that has any scope implications is "60 MJA up to 76 seats at the regionals".

My question is: Are the 60-76 seaters in addition to what Jazz already operates or is this a new restriction to lower the total number of jets permitted at the regionals to 60 with the allowance to operate them as 76 seats?

Thanks

one8tee
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by one8tee »

Hey...here is the deal from what I can figure out. CPA providers (Jazz, Sky regional or anyone else that pops up) can operate up to 60 medium jet aircraft up to 76 seats. Jazz currently has 16 of those 60.

For every increase of a MJA above the current 16 at a CPA provider, mainline must also increase by 1. So jazz could get 44 705's if AC got 44 more 320's. There is also a let that 1 wide body can be substituted at a 2 to 1 ratio..ie. 22 767's or some combination thereof.

There is an available seat mile (ASM) ratio of 29:100 that must be protected in the domestic system. I think the idea is to get rid of the embraers in favor of 737 or 320 equivalent and CRJ 100/200 in favor of the larger 700/900 or equivalent.

I'd guess this is all to facilitate a transition to a common narrow body type.

Hope this is correct and makes sense!

Disco Stu
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Disco Stu »

one8tee wrote:For every increase of a MJA above the current 16 at a CPA provider, mainline must also increase by 1. So jazz could get 44 705's if AC got 44 more 320's. There is also a let that 1 wide body can be substituted at a 2 to 1 ratio..ie. 22 767's or some combination thereof.
Not quite correct. CPAs can now operate up to 60 76 seat MJA (Jazz currently operates 16 of the 60 currently) without the mainline adding anything. However if the CPA flying increases, mainline flying will have to increase to maintain the 29/100 ASM ratio.

After looking through the contract, the scope clause isn't as alarming as I had initially been lead to believe.

The scheduling rule changes however are terrible. As are the LCC rules and pay. And new hire year 3 and 4 wages, and course rights, and the reduction of pay rates that need grandfathering to make them look like actual raises. And on and on and on.

jdm
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by jdm »

[quote="Disco Stu"]

After looking through the contract, the scope clause isn't as alarming as I had initially been lead to believe.

[\quote]

Does that mean you're going to post a retraction on twitter?

Disco Stu
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Disco Stu »

There are still plenty of jobs at risk. You could drive a truck through the hole in the no furlough language.

What I mean is that the rumours were far worse (<120 seats, no ASM ratio, no LCC).

Instead of trying to troll me JDM why don't you grow a set and tell me who you are since you seem to know me?

jdm
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by jdm »

milehighclub wrote:
Disco Stu wrote:There are still plenty of jobs at risk. You could drive a truck through the hole in the no furlough language.

What I mean is that the rumours were far worse (<120 seats, no ASM ratio, no LCC).

Instead of trying to troll me JDM why don't you grow a set and tell me who you are since you seem to know me?

I know who you are.

By the way, how is your wife doing those days ? And my kids ?
I thought everyone knew who he was. He's the guy who sent out all the petitions, right?

And how is asking a guy a question on a forum "trolling""???

ilovelamp
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by ilovelamp »

milehighclub wrote:I know who you are.

Thats an odd question! is disco stu with your ex wife and now raising your kids? thats what I gathered.

ilovelamp
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by ilovelamp »

milehighclub wrote:You're one fast bullet sunny, you'll go far in life

BTW, it's a joke. Were i come from, it's something you ask a guy when it has been a while you did not see him
aaaahhhh ok. and thanks, I was always told by my teachers growing up, that I was special.

jdm
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by jdm »

jdm wrote:
milehighclub wrote:
Disco Stu wrote:There are still plenty of jobs at risk. You could drive a truck through the hole in the no furlough language.

I know who you are.

I thought everyone knew who he was. He's the guy who sent out all the petitions, right?

And how is asking a guy a question on a forum "trolling""???

Just curious, now that it's all over, any regrets about sending out the petitions?

Disco Stu
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Disco Stu »

jdm,

You know who I am, so you know how to reach me. Feel free to email me if you want to discuss anything that has occurred in the last 15 months.

jdm
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by jdm »

What's the problem with answering here?

I don't understand why you still work at AC. From what I've seen you post here, on twitter, etc, you have nothing good to say about the company, and you're saying that newhires should go to Westjet. You haven't been at AC that long, so I assume you're not too old to start over, and you obviously hate working for AC, so I'm curious as to why you wouldn't just find another job instead of staying at a company you hate?

TheStig
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by TheStig »

jdm,

There is a difference between working for a company you hate, and working at a job you hate.

pilotbzh
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by pilotbzh »

Air Canada 's problem has always be management, not employees

Return to “Air Canada”