Walmart Greeter Wanted
Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore
Walmart Greeter Wanted
Walmart Greeter Wanted
Must pay $300 for training.
Tim Horton's coffee girl wanted.
Must sign $500 training bond.
McDonalds
Burger Flipper wanted
Must pay $1000 to help defray training costs, because the last guy we trained ran off to A&W
Canadian Tire
Requires cashier
Training contract to be signed.
Two year commitment required.
Training bond for $700 required.
The Law Firm of Johnny Walker, Peter Dewer, Dooey, Screwem and Howe
Seeking Law Clerk in busy office.
Must live within 30 minutes of the office, or have a crash pad within 30 minutes.
Must park, wash Senior Partner's cars as required.
This position may lead to a research position for the right individual after two years of working in our parking lot.
Training bonds required for each of the first two filing cabinets the clerk is chained to.
Must be willing to sign a 2 year training contract of $30,000
North Slope Sheepherder Urgently Required
Training contract of $500 required to become familiar with sheep.
There can only be one ewe for you...
This is how our industry looks to EVERYBODY on the outside.
We are a frikken JOKE!
Don't buy what I say? Ask ANYBODY NOT INVOLVED IN AVIATION
We are RETARDED!!!
It's that simple.
Must pay $300 for training.
Tim Horton's coffee girl wanted.
Must sign $500 training bond.
McDonalds
Burger Flipper wanted
Must pay $1000 to help defray training costs, because the last guy we trained ran off to A&W
Canadian Tire
Requires cashier
Training contract to be signed.
Two year commitment required.
Training bond for $700 required.
The Law Firm of Johnny Walker, Peter Dewer, Dooey, Screwem and Howe
Seeking Law Clerk in busy office.
Must live within 30 minutes of the office, or have a crash pad within 30 minutes.
Must park, wash Senior Partner's cars as required.
This position may lead to a research position for the right individual after two years of working in our parking lot.
Training bonds required for each of the first two filing cabinets the clerk is chained to.
Must be willing to sign a 2 year training contract of $30,000
North Slope Sheepherder Urgently Required
Training contract of $500 required to become familiar with sheep.
There can only be one ewe for you...
This is how our industry looks to EVERYBODY on the outside.
We are a frikken JOKE!
Don't buy what I say? Ask ANYBODY NOT INVOLVED IN AVIATION
We are RETARDED!!!
It's that simple.
- Beefitarian
- Top Poster

- Posts: 6618
- Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:53 am
- Location: A couple of meters away from others.
Re: Walmart Greeter Wanted
Doc,
Without fail, nearly every single person devoid of any aviation knowledge whatsoever (aside from once per year All Inclusive Vacations) that I have mentioned the words "training bond" too, had absolutely no idea what that is. "Outside People" on the whole aren't aware these practices exist in our industry and probably couldn't care less.
Perhaps it is time to inform the general public. Will it help? Doubt it! Chances are they think it's ridiculous, but their next question to you would be "If they didn't have training bonds, wouldn't my vacation/family visit be way more expensive?"
It is not something that is contemplated by others, as these "agreements" don't exist in other industries.
BL
Without fail, nearly every single person devoid of any aviation knowledge whatsoever (aside from once per year All Inclusive Vacations) that I have mentioned the words "training bond" too, had absolutely no idea what that is. "Outside People" on the whole aren't aware these practices exist in our industry and probably couldn't care less.
Perhaps it is time to inform the general public. Will it help? Doubt it! Chances are they think it's ridiculous, but their next question to you would be "If they didn't have training bonds, wouldn't my vacation/family visit be way more expensive?"
It is not something that is contemplated by others, as these "agreements" don't exist in other industries.
BL
-
iflyforpie
- Top Poster

- Posts: 8132
- Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:25 pm
- Location: Winterfell...
Re: Walmart Greeter Wanted
I never had any problems with bonds. I never signed any... simple as that.
Re: Walmart Greeter Wanted
Att: Mr. Doc.
Re: Greeter position
Dear Doc,
I am expressing my interest in the greeter position you have advertised. I am a dynamic, team oriented individual, and am looking for long term advancement within your organization. I understand that the greeter position requires a substantial assessment period of parking lot cart collection and asphalt conditioning. I fully support this as it not only improves one's Greeter Decision Making skillset, but also basic Mat and Door skills.
In addition to my education, I have said hello to people 5060.3 times, and I am willing to relocate to any location. If necessary, I am willing to take a pay cut for the opportunity to greet multiple doors.
I look forward to hearing from you soon, if you would like me to come and greet for free in order to increase my chances, I am very willing.
Kind regards,
DanWEC
Re: Greeter position
Dear Doc,
I am expressing my interest in the greeter position you have advertised. I am a dynamic, team oriented individual, and am looking for long term advancement within your organization. I understand that the greeter position requires a substantial assessment period of parking lot cart collection and asphalt conditioning. I fully support this as it not only improves one's Greeter Decision Making skillset, but also basic Mat and Door skills.
In addition to my education, I have said hello to people 5060.3 times, and I am willing to relocate to any location. If necessary, I am willing to take a pay cut for the opportunity to greet multiple doors.
I look forward to hearing from you soon, if you would like me to come and greet for free in order to increase my chances, I am very willing.
Kind regards,
DanWEC
Re: Walmart Greeter Wanted
I'm in the same boat. Makes me wonder why I GARA? Guess it's the general devaluing of an industry I used to be proud of. Used to be proud of being a Commercial Pilot. Used to look skyward whenever an aircraft went overhead.iflyforpie wrote:I never had any problems with bonds. I never signed any... simple as that.
Now I look up and wonder, how much the Dumb FU%K at the controls paid the company to hire him/her. I wonder if they sleep in the terminal building, or in their car? I'm not proud of the industry anymore. I'm ashamed of it. I'm ashamed of pilots too FU&KING stupid to say "NO" to taking it up the 6:00 o'clock. I'm ashamed of the companies hiring off-shore pilots, and paying our pilots peanuts. I'm ashamed of our pilots willing to work for peanuts. I don't suffer fools lightly.
Last edited by Doc on Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Walmart Greeter Wanted
just saw this one on facebook, matches the aviation world big time!
- Attachments
-
- job.jpg (15.01 KiB) Viewed 4991 times
Re: Walmart Greeter Wanted
Doc wrote:I'm in the same boat. Makes me wonder why I GARA? Guess it's the general devaluing of an industry I used to be proud of. Used to be proud of being a Commercial Pilot. Used to look skyward whenever an aircraft went overhead.iflyforpie wrote:I never had any problems with bonds. I never signed any... simple as that.
Now I look up and wonder, how much the Dumb FU%K at the controls paid the company to hire him/her. I wonder if they sleep in the terminal building, or in their car? I'm not proud of the industry anymore. I'm ashamed of it. I'm ashamed of pilots too FU&KING stupid to say "NO" to taking it up the 6:00 o'clock. I'm ashamed of the companies hiring off-shore pilots, and paying our pilots peanuts. I'm ashamed of our pilots willing to work for peanuts. I don't suffer fools lightly.
Yes 'doc', because all pilots are dumb f*cks that paid the company to hire them. While I understand your frustration, you are sounding like a broken record. Sorry, all the complaining in the world isn't going to change whether pilots (young and older) turn jobs down that pay peanuts or not. It's not going to change how much companies pay pilots. It's not going to change the inclusion of bonds, and it's not going to change the way aviation is headed.
The sooner you come to terms, the better. If it's too much, then walk away. Find something else to sink your teeth into.
-
Diadem
- Rank 8

- Posts: 911
- Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:16 pm
- Location: A sigma left of the top of the bell curve
Re: Walmart Greeter Wanted
Thank you, Rooster. I've grown extremely weary of the incessant whining on this site about the current state of the industry and how things used to be so much better. I agree, pilots are our own worst enemies, and things are deteriorating, but every goddamn thread turns into a bashing of pilots who sign bonds, or work the ramp, or whatever else someone finds offensive. We get it, you've made your voice heard. Now what are you going to do about it? What practical, realistic suggestions do you have to make the problem better? Unless you're going to recommend a solution, stop making threads, or hijacking others, to rehash the same complaints over and over.
Re: Walmart Greeter Wanted
I edited this. It was late and the single malt was good.
Seriously?
I really don't know why I care. I really don't. Guess I want to see pilots treated properly by employers. It really has no bearing on me. My employer couldn't treat me better on a dark night. Well, Okay T-Bones and Hookers would be nice, but, what the hey?
I'm toning it down in future because, as it gets pointed out to me on a regular basis. My not agreeing with it, won't change it. Change is up to you guys. You want to be treated like professionals? Stand up for yourselves. Seriously. Is this so hard? Have some semblance of pride people! Cheers
Seriously?
I really don't know why I care. I really don't. Guess I want to see pilots treated properly by employers. It really has no bearing on me. My employer couldn't treat me better on a dark night. Well, Okay T-Bones and Hookers would be nice, but, what the hey?
I'm toning it down in future because, as it gets pointed out to me on a regular basis. My not agreeing with it, won't change it. Change is up to you guys. You want to be treated like professionals? Stand up for yourselves. Seriously. Is this so hard? Have some semblance of pride people! Cheers
Re: Walmart Greeter Wanted
I'm all for the change. I was never around for the glory days (were they really that glorious? if so... why did everyone unionize and why were there so many accidents/deaths?) so I dont really care, but anyways.. back to the point
Lets start making changes guys. Petition and pester TC to change our duty days and required days off. Make changes to the training environment. Stop selling ourselfs short and stop hiring guys that come from companies of ill repute and if you see someone doing something slimey, let everyone else know and shame them out of doing it. If you work for a reputable company.. make sure your chief pilot and HR dept. know whats going on. It shouldnt be that hard!
Lets start making changes guys. Petition and pester TC to change our duty days and required days off. Make changes to the training environment. Stop selling ourselfs short and stop hiring guys that come from companies of ill repute and if you see someone doing something slimey, let everyone else know and shame them out of doing it. If you work for a reputable company.. make sure your chief pilot and HR dept. know whats going on. It shouldnt be that hard!
-
iflyforpie
- Top Poster

- Posts: 8132
- Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:25 pm
- Location: Winterfell...
Re: Walmart Greeter Wanted
If pilots refuse to sign them, bonds would cease to exist with no loss in job positions. End of story.
If pilots refused to fly for crap wages, they wouldn't exist either. The smart companies would raise their mileage rates a couple pennies or their charter rates by a couple bucks and then more than make it back through retention and more efficient and safe operations. Companies that can't afford to because they bid too low? Who needs them!? The industry certainly doesn't!
If pilots refused to fly for crap wages, they wouldn't exist either. The smart companies would raise their mileage rates a couple pennies or their charter rates by a couple bucks and then more than make it back through retention and more efficient and safe operations. Companies that can't afford to because they bid too low? Who needs them!? The industry certainly doesn't!
I wonder too. When my completely unspectacular salary flogging small Cessnas around for a tiny little charter company is more than the combined crew of the average Metro in Canada, there is something wrong. It's not because I am an AME, because I get a shop premium on top of that when I am spinning wrenches.Doc wrote: Now I look up and wonder, how much the Dumb FU%K at the controls paid the company to hire him/her. I wonder if they sleep in the terminal building, or in their car?
Re: Walmart Greeter Wanted
.
Last edited by OhHenry on Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Walmart Greeter Wanted
I always wonder how the Twin Otter operators got that exemption to duty days and duty hours - basically fly until you drop (or die) then go some more. Asinine.
I had a training bond but it was no money up front, just a written committment to stay for 2 years with the bond amortizing over 24 months - I've been here 11 years so far. There was no affect on my pay whatsoever. Basically, if I had bailed early I would have paid a very discounted price for my outrageously expensive type rating.
Bonds: all depends how its done. We all know that if you are required to sign a cheque or a loan or hand over sacks of cash, you are a moron. Thinking of you, Voyageur guys. Also, if you agree to work the ramp and you are not actively being checked out, you are also in the same catagory.
That is all.
I had a training bond but it was no money up front, just a written committment to stay for 2 years with the bond amortizing over 24 months - I've been here 11 years so far. There was no affect on my pay whatsoever. Basically, if I had bailed early I would have paid a very discounted price for my outrageously expensive type rating.
Bonds: all depends how its done. We all know that if you are required to sign a cheque or a loan or hand over sacks of cash, you are a moron. Thinking of you, Voyageur guys. Also, if you agree to work the ramp and you are not actively being checked out, you are also in the same catagory.
That is all.
Re: Walmart Greeter Wanted
Bingo! If we all stop this disastrous trend.. then it will cease to exist.. much like MC hammer pants or those really tacky 80s hair bands
Re: Walmart Greeter Wanted
+1DanWEC wrote:Att: Mr. Doc.
Re: Greeter position
Dear Doc,
I am expressing my interest in the greeter position you have advertised. I am a dynamic, team oriented individual, and am looking for long term advancement within your organization. I understand that the greeter position requires a substantial assessment period of parking lot cart collection and asphalt conditioning. I fully support this as it not only improves one's Greeter Decision Making skillset, but also basic Mat and Door skills.
In addition to my education, I have said hello to people 5060.3 times, and I am willing to relocate to any location. If necessary, I am willing to take a pay cut for the opportunity to greet multiple doors.
I look forward to hearing from you soon, if you would like me to come and greet for free in order to increase my chances, I am very willing.
Kind regards,
DanWEC
-
iamnomaverick
- Rank 3

- Posts: 116
- Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:37 pm
Re: Walmart Greeter Wanted
People, there's only one solution to this problem and it is for the government (Labour Board) to make it illegal for operators to charge money for training bonds. Nothing will ever change if the government doesn't get involved in this issue.
- Cat Driver
- Top Poster

- Posts: 18921
- Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2004 8:31 pm
Re: Walmart Greeter Wanted
Pilots are responsible for the bond problem.
Owners got fed up with pilots getting training on an airplane and then leaving for what they think would be a better job.
Why should an owner pay for training and then have the pilot leave and have to train another one?
Owners got fed up with pilots getting training on an airplane and then leaving for what they think would be a better job.
Why should an owner pay for training and then have the pilot leave and have to train another one?
- Beefitarian
- Top Poster

- Posts: 6618
- Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:53 am
- Location: A couple of meters away from others.
Carefull what you wish for. There'll be bonds at every company if the gubament gets involved.iamnomaverick wrote:People, there's only one solution to this problem and it is for the government (Labour Board) to make it illegal for operators to charge money for training bonds. Nothing will ever change if the government doesn't get involved in this issue.
-
126.7_STFU
- Rank 3

- Posts: 108
- Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:22 am
Re: Walmart Greeter Wanted
Cat Driver wrote:Pilots are responsible for the bond problem.
Owners got fed up with pilots getting training on an airplane and then leaving for what they think would be a better job.
Why should an owner pay for training and then have the pilot leave and have to train another one?
Don't make it sound like this employer has given the newly acquired FO a $100,000 sign on bonus with 3 months vacation a year. So, if you just got a job in shit hole (a) , but shit hole (b) is closer to home, family, and it pays slightly better, you would feel obligated to stay in shit hole (a)? You would never do what's best for you ? If shit hole (a) gave said pilot an incentive to stay given his/her expertise...than i'm sure this person would stay ! If companies weren't undercutting their employees (which you remind us about weekly), I think people would not be shifting around as much. There is no "standard" it seems. I'm sure you would agree ... you get what you pay for. Minimum pay = minimum incentive = minimum employee performance, unless of course you're willing to work for free like a hero. Of course we can play the integrity game, but I seriously want to make a decent living. If company B , or , shit hole B is more attractive... I will probably go there.
Re: Walmart Greeter Wanted
Pardon? Of course that HAS happened. We'd be idiots to think it hasn't. This happens in any business. People get trained and cross the street. It's part of the cost of doing business. If you can't afford to retain your employees, perhaps the problem lies within the company?Cat Driver wrote:Pilots are responsible for the bond problem.
Owners got fed up with pilots getting training on an airplane and then leaving for what they think would be a better job.
Why should an owner pay for training and then have the pilot leave and have to train another one?
That aside, for every pilot I can name that's done this, I can name, maybe five companies who have let the pilots down.
Some smaller operations are even paying retention bonuses. This is how it should be. If a pilot has value to a company, make his work place attractive enough for him to stick around.
-
126.7_STFU
- Rank 3

- Posts: 108
- Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:22 am
Re: Walmart Greeter Wanted
Doc wrote:Pardon? Of course that HAS happened. We'd be idiots to think it hasn't. This happens in any business. People get trained and cross the street. It's part of the cost of doing business. If you can't afford to retain your employees, perhaps the problem lies within the company?Cat Driver wrote:Pilots are responsible for the bond problem.
Owners got fed up with pilots getting training on an airplane and then leaving for what they think would be a better job.
Why should an owner pay for training and then have the pilot leave and have to train another one?
That aside, for every pilot I can name that's done this, I can name, maybe five companies who have let the pilots down.
Some smaller operations are even paying retention bonuses. This is how it should be. If a pilot has value to a company, make his work place attractive enough for him to stick around.
- Attachments
-
- goodpost.gif (3.24 KiB) Viewed 3884 times
Re: Walmart Greeter Wanted
I've about given up commenting on this bullshit but Cat Driver is right on with his post. I just can't fathom how a person is supposed to calculate his operating expences for his business and figure in the cost of training pilots for his competitors. It just dosen't matter how well you treat pilots, they are going to move forward to achieve their goals. Thats what this business is all about. So when that working agreement, is put on the table in front of you, read it carefully and if you aren't man enough to live up to it, don't let the door hit you in the ass. Doc, you've been slinging shit at Bearskin for many years now. I worked there for quite some time and personally witnessed a number of "highly honorable profession pilots" that accepted the training disappeared into thin air. One was gone the very next morning with his training without so much as a goodbye or doing a single revenue flight. I don't know of a single person that signed the working agreement at Bearskin that lost a penny but I know a lot of them that accepted the training and snuck out of town like a thief in the night, cause thats exactly what they were. Because of those agreements and other improvements that Bearskin made as a growing developing company there are many lifers on the payroll.
Re: Walmart Greeter Wanted
This ones for you Doc, join the force Doc, resistance is futile. I plan on making my voice heard once the democratic process begins and will bring forth the issue of bonds, join me and others in this potentially industry changing venture.
http://www.collegeofpilots.ca/
http://www.collegeofpilots.ca/
Re: Walmart Greeter Wanted
NWONT wrote:I've about given up commenting on this bullshit but Cat Driver is right on with his post. I just can't fathom how a person is supposed to calculate his operating expences for his business and figure in the cost of training pilots for his competitors. It just dosen't matter how well you treat pilots, they are going to move forward to achieve their goals. Thats what this business is all about. So when that working agreement, is put on the table in front of you, read it carefully and if you aren't man enough to live up to it, don't let the door hit you in the ass. Doc, you've been slinging shit at Bearskin for many years now. I worked there for quite some time and personally witnessed a number of "highly honorable profession pilots" that accepted the training disappeared into thin air. One was gone the very next morning with his training without so much as a goodbye or doing a single revenue flight. I don't know of a single person that signed the working agreement at Bearskin that lost a penny but I know a lot of them that accepted the training and snuck out of town like a thief in the night, cause thats exactly what they were. Because of those agreements and other improvements that Bearskin made as a growing developing company there are many lifers on the payroll.
I have said MANY TIMES that Bearskin is a good company. I've done sub charters for them, and been treated very well. I know several pilots who speak very highly of the "Bear". I have also wondered why Bearskin needs to "bond" their pilots?? If this is "slinging shit at Bearskin..." I'm guilty as Hell. Damn shame you aren't educated enough to actually read my posts on the subject? You sir, are full of crap!




