Peninsulair Log Books
Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog
Peninsulair Log Books
Hello all!
If you have done any training at Penininsulair in Hamilton (CYHM) and believe you have a logbook there you need to do the following:
-Contact Marty White 905-679-6629 and leave a detailed message including full name, phone number,and when you flew there
-Marty will get back to you ASAP with instructions on how to pick up your logbook
NB - You have until February 28th 2013 to get your logbook. After this date the remaining logbooks will be destroyed.
This message is per Marty White, former Vice President Peninsulair Ltd.
Thank you for your co-operation in this matter.
Take care,
Greg (hazatude) Haza
If you have done any training at Penininsulair in Hamilton (CYHM) and believe you have a logbook there you need to do the following:
-Contact Marty White 905-679-6629 and leave a detailed message including full name, phone number,and when you flew there
-Marty will get back to you ASAP with instructions on how to pick up your logbook
NB - You have until February 28th 2013 to get your logbook. After this date the remaining logbooks will be destroyed.
This message is per Marty White, former Vice President Peninsulair Ltd.
Thank you for your co-operation in this matter.
Take care,
Greg (hazatude) Haza
Re: Peninsulair Log Books
Hello Hazatude....
Been a long time since seeing your moniker on these boards...hope all is well with you and I was so very sorry to hear Penisulair are no longer in YHM. Used to fly Metroliners many many years ago out of YHM for the one and only Don Hollier of North American Airlines of YYC.
You and I have never met....but I have always enjoyed your contributions here on avcanada.
Cheers!

Been a long time since seeing your moniker on these boards...hope all is well with you and I was so very sorry to hear Penisulair are no longer in YHM. Used to fly Metroliners many many years ago out of YHM for the one and only Don Hollier of North American Airlines of YYC.
You and I have never met....but I have always enjoyed your contributions here on avcanada.
Cheers!
Re: Peninsulair Log Books
I'm interested in how they are going to destroy them.. can i be there?
Re: Peninsulair Log Books
Is a log book a Canadian Aviation Document?
Aeronautics Act
Prohibitions 7.3 (1) No person shall
(b) wilfully destroy any document required under this Part to be kept;
Punishment - individuals (4) An individual who is convicted of an offence under this Part punishable on summary conviction is liable to a fine not exceeding $100,000 or, in the case of an offence referred to in subsection (1), to imprisonment for a term not exceeding one year or to both fine and imprisonment.
Punishment - corporations (5) A corporation that is convicted of an offence under this Part punishable on summary conviction is liable to a fine not exceeding one million dollars.
Aeronautics Act
Prohibitions 7.3 (1) No person shall
(b) wilfully destroy any document required under this Part to be kept;
Punishment - individuals (4) An individual who is convicted of an offence under this Part punishable on summary conviction is liable to a fine not exceeding $100,000 or, in the case of an offence referred to in subsection (1), to imprisonment for a term not exceeding one year or to both fine and imprisonment.
Punishment - corporations (5) A corporation that is convicted of an offence under this Part punishable on summary conviction is liable to a fine not exceeding one million dollars.
Re: Peninsulair Log Books
from s.3 of the act:bezerker wrote:Is a log book a Canadian Aviation Document?
Aeronautics Act
Prohibitions 7.3 (1) No person shall
(b) wilfully destroy any document required under this Part to be kept;
Punishment - individuals (4) An individual who is convicted of an offence under this Part punishable on summary conviction is liable to a fine not exceeding $100,000 or, in the case of an offence referred to in subsection (1), to imprisonment for a term not exceeding one year or to both fine and imprisonment.
Punishment - corporations (5) A corporation that is convicted of an offence under this Part punishable on summary conviction is liable to a fine not exceeding one million dollars.
Canadian aviation document” means, subject to subsection (3), any licence, permit, accreditation, certificate or other document issued by the Minister under Part I to or with respect to any person or in respect of any aeronautical product, aerodrome, facility or service;
I'd guess (IANAL) a log book wouldn't qualify since it isn't issued.
- Beefitarian
- Top Poster

- Posts: 6618
- Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:53 am
- Location: A couple of meters away from others.
Re: Peninsulair Log Books
I think these would be PTRs students left behind.
Re: Peninsulair Log Books
So Marty is still around?
Where is Rick?
It has been along time since I was at Peninsulair, Old Bill T. gave me my first flying job back in 89' as a brand new instructor.
The good old days.
G3
Where is Rick?
It has been along time since I was at Peninsulair, Old Bill T. gave me my first flying job back in 89' as a brand new instructor.
The good old days.
G3
Re: Peninsulair Log Books
Marty and Rick are still around.
The good old days indeed!
The good old days indeed!
- supaflygrl
- Rank 2

- Posts: 81
- Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:43 pm
Re: Peninsulair Log Books
Legal or not, destruction would be a disappointment. Surely Marty and Rick can find a willing instructor to take them. I think I might be able to come up with a couple, lol. Oh and btw, I thought one of the instructors already had the logbooks.
Haza - no worries about passing this on.
Haza - no worries about passing this on.
-
rubberboot
- Rank 2

- Posts: 65
- Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:42 pm
Re: Peninsulair Log Books
worked there beginning of the 90's... not the highlight of my career in aviation (more like justification for a higher education) but damn, did i have some fun there. last time i saw Bill T. was at Warplane Heritage.G3 wrote:So Marty is still around?
Where is Rick?
It has been along time since I was at Peninsulair, Old Bill T. gave me my first flying job back in 89' as a brand new instructor.
The good old days.
G3
cheers,
rb
Re: Peninsulair Log Books
If you weren't having fun at Peninsulair, you were doing it wrong!
Re: Peninsulair Log Books
Realize its been awhile now but anyone know if theres any chance the Peninsulair log books are still available? I was unsuccessful in getting mine back when it closed down, but would be great if I could still get it back.




