Let the slide begin

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

D-Iced
Rank 1
Rank 1

Let the slide begin

Post by D-Iced »

http://www.theprovince.com/business/fp/ ... story.html

Well, there it is then. We are now officially starting our slide to the bottom. VERY disappointing news indeed. Sky Regional does it cheaper which will surely play out in a future bid vs Chorus / JAZZ. Sad days for aviation in Canada.
---------- ADS -----------

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: Let the slide begin

Post by Inverted2 »

I sincerely hope (but not expecting) to hear a good news announcement from Jazz in the near future. If not, I think it's time for a serious call to turf the upper management at this company. Our president has become a lame duck and we only hear from him when he issues a doom and gloom memo when announcements like this happen.

AutoPilot Off
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by AutoPilot Off »

Inverted2 that egzact statement has been repeated over and over again for the last well..... 10 years.?

FICU
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by FICU »

Is there a significant difference in WAWCON between Sky Regional and Jazz to give them a cost advantage when bidding on CPA work?

RFN
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by RFN »

Jazz has higher wages, pensions per diems etc etc. We also have retirees (for now) who are drawing pensions as well.

Skyregional is cheaper, because they ARE cheaper.

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

For the most part, it will be Year 1 employees. Discounted pay rates and bare minimum retirement plan and benefits are just gravy. AC is drooling over this as it will represent a substantial discount from Jazz CPA rates and margin. Of course, AC will have to bear 100% of the cost of Financing and providing aircraft as well as likely funding 100% of start up costs. Not a bad deal for Sky Regional. Zero capital investment and almost zero risk. And probably close to zero profit as well. Welcome to the future.

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”