Air Canada to shift 15 E-175 planes to Sky Regional Airlines

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

RudderWhat
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:07 am

Re: Air Canada to shift 15 E-175 planes to Sky Regional Airl

Post by RudderWhat »

20DMEYYZ wrote:i'm just curious since i didn't see it specified whether the current 175bigred crews' will shift in some way to the 190 or will they remain on the 175 for the "express" flights and still maintain their AC "perk's" ?
Good God I hope not.
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
Localizer
Rank (9)
Rank (9)
Posts: 1458
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:18 pm
Location: CYYZ

Re: Air Canada to shift 15 E-175 planes to Sky Regional Airl

Post by Localizer »

Liquid Charlie wrote:Just because someone is over sixty, black, blue or non-christian does not give anyone the right to take cheap shots or discriminate against.
Discrimination is a broad term .. isn't a seniority system discrimination against younger people? Essentially you deserve better pay, schedule and holidays because you were born earlier and do the exact same job? So please spare me the discrimination card .. we can find discrimination anywhere.

I'd like to see what would happen if the law was retroactive and allowed all the currenty retired pilots the option to come back. I wonder how these boards would light up when the current senior pilots get bumped down a couple hundred numbers for another 3-5 yrs. I'm sure your tune would be different then ..
---------- ADS -----------
 
whiteguy
Rank (9)
Rank (9)
Posts: 1059
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:33 pm
Location: YYC

Re: Air Canada to shift 15 E-175 planes to Sky Regional Airl

Post by whiteguy »

20DMEYYZ wrote:i'm just curious since i didn't see it specified whether the current 175bigred crews' will shift in some way to the 190 or will they remain on the 175 for the "express" flights and still maintain their AC "perk's" ?
There are no crew specific to the 175. Emb crews fly both 175 and 190s.
---------- ADS -----------
 
Liquid Charlie
Rank (9)
Rank (9)
Posts: 1461
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:40 am
Location: YXL
Contact:

Re: Air Canada to shift 15 E-175 planes to Sky Regional Airl

Post by Liquid Charlie »

I'd like to see what would happen if the law was retroactive and allowed all the currenty retired pilots the option to come back
Right now anyone can work to 65 on 705 - WS as does others allows pilots past the age to continue on as F/O's - AC is the only airline in Canada who has 60 in their collective agreement - There were 2 issues going on - one to allow you to work to the age the law dictated which was 65 and the other trying to allow work past that based on age discrimination -- the world standard is now 65 so the government reinforced that.

There is now age limit as of yet to work internally in Canada and since there are a lot of domestic flights this group felt they could be scheduled domestically but obviously this would put undue pressure on the airline as well as the "other" pilot group.

I was never associated with AC - was forced by collective agreement to retire from another carrier. I respected that and it was a fact of life but there are plenty of opportunities out there for an experienced pilot and I took advantage of that. I am continuing to work - I'll be the first to step down when I feel the edge disappearing but for now I'll support my habits and maybe my second childhood with a reasonable income and have a lot of fun doing it. Kids are self sufficient - no wife and just a lot of great times to enjoy - oh ya if you get passed by a white STI -- that's me -- I'll wave --- lmfaooooooo
---------- ADS -----------
 
ikarus
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 187
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:04 pm

Re: Air Canada to shift 15 E-175 planes to Sky Regional Airl

Post by ikarus »

For all those of you guys that end up forcing me and others to work PAST 60 ((unless I decide to take a pension cut to leave early (read: normally at 60 today)), you leave me with no choice but to do this to you!!! :lol:

---------- ADS -----------
 
tsgas
Rank 7
Rank 7
Posts: 598
Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:53 pm

Re: Air Canada to shift 15 E-175 planes to Sky Regional Airl

Post by tsgas »

ogopogo wrote:Why at the 6:30 mark is Borman standing in front of a Canadian flag (??)
That would be Col Borman.
Because EAL had it's Board of Directors meeting in YUL that year as apprecation for the quality and profitability of the Canadian operation.

FYI EAL dates back to being the first US carrier to Montreal. It's predecessor was Colonial Airways flying DC-2's in 1932 to YHU.

Soo much potential but so little good will on the part of Charlie.
---------- ADS -----------
 
Post Reply

Return to “General Comments”