Oh the sky keeps falling......

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Oh the sky keeps falling......

Post by flyinhigh »

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-in ... le4586545/

Maybe, just Maybe the BOD will fire Randall's ass for destroying such a good company
---------- ADS -----------

Localizer
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Oh the sky keeps falling......

Post by Localizer »

Its all part of the show .. Don't try telling me this crap wasn't dealt with months ago over drinks and cigars.

The show must go on ...

Bede
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Bede »

What's the word on the street WRT this decision? Is the company trying to open up the contract? Will there be a dividend cut?

teacher
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by teacher »

Dividend cut yes, opening up the contract no.

hithere
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by hithere »

And how the hell do you know that they won't try to open it up?

Bajan Pilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Bajan Pilot »

A simple question was asked and a simple answer was given, why do you have to make such an ignorant comment?

RudderWhat
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by RudderWhat »

Bajan Pilot wrote:A simple question was asked and a simple answer was given, why do you have to make such an ignorant comment?
Do you think it's that simple?

hithere
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by hithere »

Listen man neither you, me or the ALPA MEC chair have any idea what is coming down the pipe. I'm a Jazz pilot just like you and I don't know why you would claim to be able to see into the future. Unless you are Joe Randel. Are you Joe Randel?

teacher
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by teacher »

It's simple math kids and takes just a little reading the business section. Cash on hand is $30 million + more than the worse case rate adjustment plus retro pay to AC. All analysts agree AND the arbitrators ruled partially in favour of Jazz SO worste case amount of pay back will not happen. Jazz has enough liquid cash in the bank to cover all expenses new expenses. Now, to preserve free cash flow Jazz will have to cut the dividend. The average consensus seems to be a 25%-35% cut. Many especially employees in the company would like to see a bigger cut to help with expansion or any contingency plans in case of a CPA cancelation. The dividend should have never been allowed to climb to it's current level.

Hoov
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Hoov »

teacher wrote:It's simple math kids and takes just a little reading the business section. Cash on hand is $30 million + more than the worse case rate adjustment plus retro pay to AC. All analysts agree AND the arbitrators ruled partially in favour of Jazz SO worste case amount of pay back will not happen. Jazz has enough liquid cash in the bank to cover all expenses new expenses. Now, to preserve free cash flow Jazz will have to cut the dividend. The average consensus seems to be a 25%-35% cut. Many especially employees in the company would like to see a bigger cut to help with expansion or any contingency plans in case of a CPA cancelation. The dividend should have never been allowed to climb to it's current level.
I agree with all of that, but you're thinking too much like a pilot and not someone who is responsible to shareholders. Yes the dividend will get cut, but I can guarantee they will minimize the effect of that by asking for concessions, with any luck it wont be until negotiation time, but there is no doubt the BOD is not okay with sharply reducing cash on hand without searching for inefficiencies. If they were, they need to be replaced.

teacher
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by teacher »

Agreed but not until 2015 when our contract is up. Inefficiencies might be attacked but WACON will wait until contract time in that I think we'll be lucky to get cost of living ie 2% a year over 5 years.

Jolene'sCabanaBoy
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Jolene'sCabanaBoy »

The MEC chairman has already indicated that he thinks the Contract will be opened prior to the expiration date, what makes you think otherwise?

Mig29
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Mig29 »

No point of losing your head over things you can't control people....

Things are not falling (yet) from the skies, times are definitively changing...but if someone has looked even remotely back in the last 100 years of aviation, then tell me when times were NOT changing???

Cheers

RFN
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by RFN »

The trouble is that as pilots, we are used to watching what we hope is stable indications (wx, engine, pax, etc etc) for a negative trend, or sometimes ANY change whatsoever.

Perhaps this makes us hyper sensitive to a string of bad news. Maybe, just maybe, it helps us notice it and like the frog in the pot of warming water, jump out BEFORE it starts to boil...

Zip Tie
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Zip Tie »

RFN wrote:The trouble is that as pilots, we are used to watching what we hope is stable indications (wx, engine, pax, etc etc) for a negative trend, or sometimes ANY change whatsoever.

Perhaps this makes us hyper sensitive to a string of bad news. Maybe, just maybe, it helps us notice it and like the frog in the pot of warming water, jump out BEFORE it starts to boil...
What a load of BS.More like the rats leave the sinking ship first. Way to go Capt Costa Concordia !

Localizer
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Localizer »

IMO .. if the contract is reopened then that means you can usher in the "B scale" at Jazz. A separate payscale for new hires, DC pension for new hires .. just like AC.

Make sure to thank a Westjet pilot! ..

ettw
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by ettw »

teacher wrote: The dividend should have never been allowed to climb to it's current level.
I'd like to see it go higher!! I have to retire! I'd bleed every penny out of Chorus just so I have to work one less year in this stupid industry.

That's what pilots do to other pilots....

ETTW

Lateralus
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Lateralus »

Localizer wrote:IMO .. if the contract is reopened then that means you can usher in the "B scale" at Jazz. A separate payscale for new hires, DC pension for new hires .. just like AC.

Make sure to thank a Westjet pilot! ..

Care to expand on the Westjet part?

teacher
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by teacher »

Easy, they (WJ) brought the low cost model (read Walmartisation of air travel) to Canada and now have voted to gladly allow a low cost regional airline that has proudly announced plans to pay 80% of average regional salaries with the rumour being "not including Jazz". Awesome job.....

RFN
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by RFN »

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”