Any hiring news?

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Mig29
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Any hiring news?

Post by Mig29 »

That will get better with time as well :wink:
---------- ADS -----------

El Comat
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by El Comat »

Ya that's what people said when I started...it took 3 years of bouncing on and off reserve before I got off the bottom of the list, and another 1.5 years to get to the middle! But hey...I now appreciate being middle of the list more than you'll ever know! :D

Flap_Operator
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Flap_Operator »

Apparently hiring/interviewing will be at a halt for a long while... Anyone care to comment if this rumour is true? I geuss they have a pool that will suffice for the next months/year(s)

FL320
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by FL320 »

Yes rumour is true.

Green Onions
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Green Onions »

AC, WestJet, Sky, Porter, Canadian North are all hiring.... Jazz will have to hire more in the new year to replace those that leave.

Flap_Operator
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Flap_Operator »

Green Onions wrote:AC, WestJet, Sky, Porter, Canadian North are all hiring.... Jazz will have to hire more in the new year to replace those that leave.
Maybe they feel their pool is big enough to cover for a while.... Plus having Skyeg, Porter and Canadian North hiring wont have much effect on Jazz... :P IMO anyways.... Maybe a few for WJ(airline) and AC but thats about it.

mike06x
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by mike06x »

Results of the Equipment bid just came out. Looks like 30+ new hires will be required not including the groundschools that have gone through in January and February already. Vacancies on the Dash in Toronto and Calgary; Q400 in Calgary as well as RJ Calgary. At least a few more ground schools this spring to come... Good luck applicants. :D

DHC-1 Jockey
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by DHC-1 Jockey »

Don't forget 7 vacancies on Dash-8 YUL and 1 YYZ RJ. :)

402_pilot
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by 402_pilot »

Any Q400 Toronto?

Green Onions
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Green Onions »

There is going to be almost constant hiring at Jazz going forward. There is a steady stream of guys leaving every month, and this isnt going to change until AC, WJ, and Encore stop hiring. I saw a number of names on the latest bid from yesterday that have already said they are leaving. The plus side is that in the short term you wont be on the bottem long at Jazz.

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

402_pilot wrote:Any Q400 Toronto?
No, It was status quo, that being said as guys leave and if no one bids for it, they would fill those spots with new hires. 13 q400 vacancies in YYC, so a new hire will get that and there's a chance you could get YYZ before you were done ground school.

dhc#
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by dhc# »

Would anyone of you nice Jazz drivers care to venture an educated guess or opinion of the hiring situation going forward into the summer/fall....

Things seem pretty quiet these days. :?

DHC-1 Jockey
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by DHC-1 Jockey »

From what I've heard, there probably won't be any summer hiring, and the last planned groundschool is currently in progress. We'll know the hiring requirements when the next equipment bid comes out in the late summer which will determine hiring numbers for the fall.

Keep your chin up as I got my job offer 10 months after I originally interviewed and was put in the pool.

highman
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by highman »

just wondering what kinda hours jazz is taking right now for gs

truedude
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by truedude »

Apparently our current minimums are 1500 hrs tt a ATPL and 500 multi. And it is my understanding (I however have no way to know for sure if this information is a 100% accurate) that there are currently less than a 100 applications on file that meet those requirements...

tiguan
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by tiguan »

From what I hear, the experience in the latest hiring ranged from 1700 to 4500 hours. A few guys with no ATPL, and a few college grads with 250 hours total time. I don't think the 500 multi minimum applies anymore as a friend of mine with less than 300 multi was invited to an interview.

If you are the top of your class from a college program 250 hours total time is all you need.

JLA
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by JLA »

With the hiring not resuming before the Fall, these applicants not meeting those requirements will have time to build time during the busy summer seasons to reach it when it goes on again. I bet that in October this number will significantly be higher than 100!

AllClutch
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by AllClutch »

Last edited by AllClutch on Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FL320
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by FL320 »

Just relax, they will call you. You didn't receive a PFO within a week after your sim eval and they called your references = you are in the pool and they will call you for the GS. Relax your mind because the training is quiet intense and once you start everything goes fast. Since you will probably get a spot on the Q400 or the Dash Classic, if you have some free time you could have a quick look at the aircraft's systems on smartcockpit.com, just to become familiar. Have a look at the cockpit and the location of the switches.
Now that you are in the pool, the only reason why you could be rejected is a fail during the training. This is rare but happened during the previous GS. The company wants you and invest a lot on you so if you do not study, have a bad attitude, fail written exams or PPC, you could be rejected.
Usually GS stop during summer and start in September or October. Also calls depend on your overall performance during the hiring process, one could get a call before you even if you did the sim earlier.

In your situation I would not sign a bond with another company; be patient. Jazz is a really great company to work for, working environement is great and they treat you very well. I don't think there are so many companies like that around.

Welcome aboard! :D

Last edited by FL320 on Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:26 pm, edited 4 times in total.
DHC-1 Jockey
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by DHC-1 Jockey »

FL320 wrote:working environement is great and they threat you very well.
Yes, you've got to love those threatening memos! :D

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”