Disengaged????

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

crj_705
Rank 3
Rank 3

Disengaged????

Post by crj_705 »

Is nothing happening at this Company???

With the lack of conversation or topics since Nov 12th is it that people are so disengaged and just don't care about Jazz any more??? Have they hit the iceberg and just waiting in the cold frigid waters to see if something good bumps into them???

If memory serves me correctly, didn't AVEOS hit the same iceberg???

Apparently Jazz senior management are the only ones wearing life jackets... :toimonster:
---------- ADS -----------

navajo_jay
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Disengaged????

Post by navajo_jay »

probably because nothing is happening really lately other than I work on X-mas again :lol: No news good news? There's a class of new hire about to start line indoc if not already started. That's all I know. Maybe on a Skyregional forum we would hear more rumors ;-)

cheers

FL320
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by FL320 »

And they are calling guys for the January 7th course..

DHC-1 Jockey
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by DHC-1 Jockey »

Yes, there is a course starting Jan 2nd and another one in February. 10 people in each class with A/C and bases yet to be determined. Sounds like a little good news to me!

hithere
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by hithere »

Well really the new hires are just for attrition due to guys leaving for other airlines, so its just the same old story of the revolving door at the bottom of the seniority list. There is no growth and few retirements so for the majority of the seniority list, there is little change.

cj555
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by cj555 »

hithere wrote:Well really the new hires are just for attrition due to guys leaving for other airlines, so its just the same old story of the revolving door at the bottom of the seniority list. There is no growth and few retirements so for the majority of the seniority list, there is little change.
Sounds pretty bleak...what will be the impact of Sky Regional / Westjet Encore on the industry/hiring prospects for new pilots over the next 2 - 3 years?

There's definitely some hiring going on now due to the latest developments at SR and WJ, but how long will this last? As someone considering entering aviation now, I'm worried the music will long be over by the time I have the requirements to apply at Jazz, WJE, AC, SR...

Mig29
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Mig29 »

cj555 wrote:Sounds pretty bleak...what will be the impact of Sky Regional / Westjet Encore on the industry/hiring prospects for new pilots over the next 2 - 3 years?
No one really knows at this point. Highly doubt it will be a "positive" impact :lol:
cj555 wrote:There's definitely some hiring going on now due to the latest developments at SR and WJ, but how long will this last? As someone considering entering aviation now, I'm worried the music will long be over by the time I have the requirements to apply at Jazz, WJE, AC, SR...
I don't think the music will stop. Not just yet, unless economy goes for a wild dive....off that cliff as media keeps blabbing daily :rolleyes: There is sufficient retirements coming at AC and Jazz to keep the bottom moving, which will hopefully move the middle and upper seniority levels.

Time will tell.

tiguan
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by tiguan »

Is Jazz still interviewing or are there enough people in the pool?

Last edited by tiguan on Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Green Onions
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Green Onions »

There are more college kids in the latest ground schools plus some from the hiring pool.

RFN
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by RFN »

Jazz is still hiring college kids?

Wow. Consider me further disengaged.

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

RFN, there's a shortage of pilots, didn't you know :roll:

Johnny#5
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Johnny#5 »

With all these Seneca people getting hired at Jazz I wonder if one day they just might have to hire direct-entry captains...

Prob not but food for thought. (hey that kinda rhymes!)

cj555
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by cj555 »

I have a question, along the lines of Jazz hiring guys from Seneca College...

Does training at Seneca college (or any accredited aviation diploma program) increase your odds of being hired at Jazz?

For example:

There are two candidates applying at Jazz, each with comparable TT, MPIC time etc, as far as experience / work experience goes they are identical.

However, where/how they trained is different:

Pilot #1 - Trained at Seneca college in the 4 year aviation 'Bachelor of Aviation Technology' program.

Pilot #2 - Completed a 4 year university degree (at a well known university) in a field such as Business/Engineering/Science, and then completed flight training at a local flight school (such as Springbank Air College in Calgary Alberta).

Which candidate would Jazz likely hire?

The advice I have heard is that the Seneca program is an excellent choice for someone who doesn't already have a degree (since airlines look favourably on university degrees). However if you already have a university degree, getting another degree at Seneca would be a waste of time and you'd be better off just going to a local flight school since you can train faster and cheaper.

In this case, I would hope that Jazz would base the decision on the interview since both candidates are so similar, but I still wonder if there is preference based on where/how a pilot did his/her training.

Hoping to get some input from someone involved in hiring at an airline like Jazz.

crj_705
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by crj_705 »

You might want to check out the following information on the Jazz-Seneca Cadet program...

http://www.senecac.on.ca/collegenews/ar ... tml?page=4

RFN
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by RFN »

Still always the option of learning how to be a pilot by going up North and being a pilot.

Obbie
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Obbie »

What ? You mean I have to earn my way into a job ?

Dude that's like so 90's
Nobody does that anymore.

We just go through a quick program and expect the real
and honestly earned experience of the guy sitting to the
left of us to keep us from killing ourselves and everybody
on board.

Yeaaaahhhh :smt043

Mig29
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Mig29 »

Obbie wrote:What ? You mean I have to earn my way into a job ?

Dude that's like so 90's
Nobody does that anymore.

We just go through a quick program and expect the real
and honestly earned experience of the guy sitting to the
left of us to keep us from killing ourselves and everybody
on board.

Yeaaaahhhh :smt043
Exactly! hahaahah

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”