Hope

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Post Reply
User avatar
Sulako
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator
Posts: 2433
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2004 8:01 pm

Hope

Post by Sulako »

Well, I just got back from my interview. I want the job, it sounds perfect for me. The flying part is about 300 hours a year in a shiny small jet, which is really cool. The non-flying part makes up the rest of the workload; it's paperwork and computer work, both of which I am totally fine with.

I talked to the person I would be flying with, and also the head of the company. They were both articulate, smart, and professional and they put me at ease in just a few minutes. They made some awesome comments, most of which are all too rare in this industry.

"We don't fly broken airplanes, we don't defer snags. If it breaks, we fix it right away. If I am going to crash a plane, it sure isn't gonna be because I didn't write a cheque."

"We will pay the training. If a company can't afford the cost of training, they should fly commercial."

"We ask for hard work, and in return we provide stability"

"We offer the best benefit package in the industry, bar none"

"We don't even want a hint or a rumor of things not being done right here. So we do things right"

Imagine.

Right now I am still on an endorphin high from thinking about flying a decent plane for a company that treats me like I have value. I think I expressed myself well; I got all the important parts covered, and I don't remember thinking to myself "Man, I shouldn't have said that". Now as long as everyone else they interview has a bad day, I'm set.

Hope is such an awesome feeling, like a long hot shower for the soul. Even if I don't get the job, I am grateful for the chance to imagine the possibilities, like a lotto 6/49 daydream.

Come on lucky numbers!
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
Jetman28
Rank 2
Rank 2
Posts: 65
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2004 9:19 pm
Location: Ontario

Post by Jetman28 »

Sounds like a good place to be.
Here's hoping you get the positive phone call.
---------- ADS -----------
 
DriftWood
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2004 8:53 am
Location: Lost in the FWI

Hope

Post by DriftWood »

Ya, I've heard of Hope. Actually been there couple times. Cool place. Nice place to have a lay-over on the G_Hound.
---------- ADS -----------
 
Phlyer
Rank 8
Rank 8
Posts: 859
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2004 10:46 pm

Post by Phlyer »

Best of luck Sully - didn't know you could fly a jet from a grass strip. :wink:
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
Jaques Strappe
Rank (9)
Rank (9)
Posts: 1847
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:34 pm
Location: YYZ

Post by Jaques Strappe »

Best of luck Sulako! Any idea when they will be getting back to you?
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
LostinRotation
Rank (9)
Rank (9)
Posts: 1048
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:54 pm
Location: Cloud #8

Post by LostinRotation »

Thanks for sharing...I'm sure you just put a smile on a few faces, mine included. Best of luck man.

*sends positive karma* :drink:

-=0=LIR=0=-
---------- ADS -----------
 
Sometimes I think it's a shame when I get feelin' better when I'm feelin no pain.

Image
User avatar
Cat Driver
Top Poster
Top Poster
Posts: 18921
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2004 8:31 pm

Post by Cat Driver »

Great news... :smt026

Cat
---------- ADS -----------
 
The hardest thing about flying is knowing when to say no


After over a half a century of flying no one ever died because of my decision not to fly.
just curious
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator
Posts: 3592
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 9:29 am
Location: The Frozen North
Contact:

Post by just curious »

Well, I was allocating all my hope this weekend for the Shankdown/ Tower Dudette match-up.

But, hey, I guess we can spare some for you too. :wink:
---------- ADS -----------
 
loopy
Rank 8
Rank 8
Posts: 769
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 7:59 am

Post by loopy »

From someone else on the job hunt, good luck Sully. Nothing less than you deserve. :wink:
---------- ADS -----------
 
200hr Wonder
Rank 10
Rank 10
Posts: 2212
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:52 pm
Location: CYVR
Contact:

Post by 200hr Wonder »

Fotoflyer wrote:Best of luck Sully - didn't know you could fly a jet from a grass strip. :wink:
Actuly you can, Boeing landed a 737 in hope to test its gravel/grass kit.

Cheers
---------- ADS -----------
 
Phlyer
Rank 8
Rank 8
Posts: 859
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2004 10:46 pm

Post by Phlyer »

Thanks for that 200hr Wonder.
---------- ADS -----------
 
200hr Wonder
Rank 10
Rank 10
Posts: 2212
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:52 pm
Location: CYVR
Contact:

Post by 200hr Wonder »

Fotoflyer wrote:Thanks for that 200hr Wonder.
Not the 737 in Hope that I was looking for but I did find the Russians doing it in an IL62

http://www.airviolence.com/request.php?169
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
bizjet_mania
Rank 8
Rank 8
Posts: 982
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:37 am

Post by bizjet_mania »

Good job!!! Good luck!!!
---------- ADS -----------
 
Beechball
Rank 4
Rank 4
Posts: 235
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:23 am

Post by Beechball »

Hey,
Hope you get the call. I'm in the same "boat" and I'm guessing from your posts, the same time and experience. I figure if I can't get on a jet, well I'll get a virtual job by proxy through you!
Post or PM the results. Good Luck!
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
Pratt
Rank 8
Rank 8
Posts: 954
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 7:48 pm
Location: YVR

Post by Pratt »

Best of luck!!
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
Hot Fuel
Rank 6
Rank 6
Posts: 472
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:16 pm

Post by Hot Fuel »

The question everyone’s really wondering about is who's worldly advise did you use in the interview?
---------- ADS -----------
 
Post Reply

Return to “General Comments”