Maybe look at going to post-secondary here:
http://www.sait.ca/programs-and-courses ... erview.php
Job Search Help!
Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore
Re: Job Search Help!
For what it's worth, go the AME route. You will always have a job, earn a decent wage and be respected.
Re: Job Search Help!
Maybe you could get a job with a small outfit doing grunt work but to work for Jazz, Westjet or Air Canada I'm pretty sure you have to be 18 or older.
Jazz is looking for a part time Aircraft Tower in Calgary and Westjet is looking for people to work as TAC agents (Turn Around Crew) also in Calgary. Job would be like a Station Attendant. Loading and unloading bags, moving aircraft around etc.Check the careers sections of their websites. But like I said, I'm pretty certain you have to be 18 or older to be considered for those jobs.
If you want my personal opinion, stay away from aircraft maintenance. You will spend your life worried about being laid off and trying to survive on unemployment insurance. Get into a career that has more job security.
Jazz is looking for a part time Aircraft Tower in Calgary and Westjet is looking for people to work as TAC agents (Turn Around Crew) also in Calgary. Job would be like a Station Attendant. Loading and unloading bags, moving aircraft around etc.Check the careers sections of their websites. But like I said, I'm pretty certain you have to be 18 or older to be considered for those jobs.
If you want my personal opinion, stay away from aircraft maintenance. You will spend your life worried about being laid off and trying to survive on unemployment insurance. Get into a career that has more job security.


