Buttonville Closure Party

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Truthteller
Rank 1
Rank 1

Buttonville Closure Party

Post by Truthteller »

Who's in? We'll be singing "hey, hey, hey, goooooooodbye" to all those who fly by. Especially those in business jets.
---------- ADS -----------

jubjub
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Buttonville Closure Party

Post by jubjub »

Will you be there?

Truthteller
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Truthteller »

Yup. Will you?

BverLuver
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by BverLuver »

Truthteller wrote:Who's in? We'll be singing "hey, hey, hey, goooooooodbye" to all those who fly by. Especially those in business jets.
Truthteller,

2 things

1) did you personally (not parents/grandparents/inlaws/friends etc) own property in the area of ykz prior to it becoming an airport?
2) Regardless of your position on the matter, this airport means a lot and is very important to some people and their business/livelihood, much the same as your Teddy bear and blankey means to you I'm sure, but my question is, do you really have to be such a dick about it?

BL

jubjub
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by jubjub »

Where in Markham are you Truthteller? I'll try and fly around you when coming in from the east henceforth.

Truthteller
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Truthteller »

The same way the airport is important to you and your livelihood, it's equally bothersome to the livelihood of the residents. The truth is, the owners and pilots have been dicks moreso than anyone else so this is a fitting end.

I'll bring the chips and popcorn. Who's in?

D_Thissen
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by D_Thissen »

Truthteller wrote:The same way the airport is important to you and your livelihood, it's equally bothersome to the livelihood of the residents. The truth is, the owners and pilots have been dicks moreso than anyone else so this is a fitting end.

They are the ones who bought a house near an airport.. Airport was there first ;)

crazy_aviator
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by crazy_aviator »

Truth,, let me put it this way,,,,,

You have a nice estate with rolling country land and highrises nowhere in sight,,,,town comes croaching on your property, next thing you know, they are expropriating YOUR land for a highway to service the city they built up around you WOULD YOU be happy ??? NO Well, this is the exact same situation with buttonville airport. Get your head out of your ass, you moved into the area IM SURE AFTER the airport was there. SHOW some consideration for others.

BverLuver
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by BverLuver »

Truthteller wrote:The same way the airport is important to you and your livelihood, it's equally bothersome to the livelihood of the residents. The truth is, the owners and pilots have been dicks moreso than anyone else so this is a fitting end.

Truthteller,

You didn't answer either of my questions.

1) Yes or No will suffice
2) Am I to assume from your response (no answer) that you have the comprehension and functioning capacity of an 8yr old?

By the way, you have yet to give specific points on how the airplanes/owners/pilots have been dicks to you or how they have even affected you directly. Share please, it ought to be entertaining to the point of ridiculous to say the least.

BL

Sulako
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by Sulako »

It's not nice to troll. Thread locked.

Return to “General Comments”