Position Freeze

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Juice26
Rank 0
Rank 0

Position Freeze

Post by Juice26 »

Hey guys, anyone know if there is still a Position Freeze on the Classic Drivers if they bid onto the Q400. The Q4 still being a Dash of course is still being considered a new type right now at the company. So if a guy/gal goes from the Classic to the Q4 are you getting put onto the 3 year new type freeze, or not???
---------- ADS -----------

BingBong
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: Position Freeze

Post by BingBong »

Are you referring to new hires changing type? If yes then it is at the companies discretion whether or not to lift the freeze due to the cost in number of dual training events. During the last bid they decided to hold them to their current positions.

streets ahead
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by streets ahead »

Unless I'm misunderstanding the question, I know for a fact that the freeze was lifted for at least one Pilot from the August bid.

Its more common now with the q400 coming on line. Guys that are happy with their schedules don't bid for it mainly due to uncertainty which opens it up to junior guys who are too junior to give a rats behind about schedules.

Mig29
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Mig29 »

I know for sure guys where allowed to bid on the Q400 after their initial DH8 course, some 6 months later even...but I also heard some guys recently were not. Best to check with your Chief pilot of the base with a carbon copy email sent to your ALPA rep. Always helps;)

dash8311
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by dash8311 »

Also something to add here, if you're reduced from your base then you can bid to the Q400 (or any other equipment for that matter) and hold reinstatement rights to your DH8 position for 12 months.

As an ALPA Status Rep I would also echo the suggestion above to contact your rep for advice going forward.

biatch
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by biatch »

Freezes are at the discretion of the company. Period. They can be applied or lifted at their discretion to suit their needs, in order of seniority by roster. If one pilot is unfrozen and the rest beneath are not then it's at least a one-pilot win for ALPA, etc... There is no valid or winnable cause to be grieved in that case. Again, this item of the CA is at the company's discretion and yes they can apply it differently from one bid to another, although ALPA always makes a case to unfreeze.

Fish N. Chips
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Fish N. Chips »

Would the position freeze limit a new hire from a base change, or do all bases have a mix of dash's?

biatch
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by biatch »

You can move around bases as much as you like on type. Classic Dash in every base.

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”