Hope
Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog
Hope
Well, I just got back from my interview. I want the job, it sounds perfect for me. The flying part is about 300 hours a year in a shiny small jet, which is really cool. The non-flying part makes up the rest of the workload; it's paperwork and computer work, both of which I am totally fine with.
I talked to the person I would be flying with, and also the head of the company. They were both articulate, smart, and professional and they put me at ease in just a few minutes. They made some awesome comments, most of which are all too rare in this industry.
"We don't fly broken airplanes, we don't defer snags. If it breaks, we fix it right away. If I am going to crash a plane, it sure isn't gonna be because I didn't write a cheque."
"We will pay the training. If a company can't afford the cost of training, they should fly commercial."
"We ask for hard work, and in return we provide stability"
"We offer the best benefit package in the industry, bar none"
"We don't even want a hint or a rumor of things not being done right here. So we do things right"
Imagine.
Right now I am still on an endorphin high from thinking about flying a decent plane for a company that treats me like I have value. I think I expressed myself well; I got all the important parts covered, and I don't remember thinking to myself "Man, I shouldn't have said that". Now as long as everyone else they interview has a bad day, I'm set.
Hope is such an awesome feeling, like a long hot shower for the soul. Even if I don't get the job, I am grateful for the chance to imagine the possibilities, like a lotto 6/49 daydream.
Come on lucky numbers!
I talked to the person I would be flying with, and also the head of the company. They were both articulate, smart, and professional and they put me at ease in just a few minutes. They made some awesome comments, most of which are all too rare in this industry.
"We don't fly broken airplanes, we don't defer snags. If it breaks, we fix it right away. If I am going to crash a plane, it sure isn't gonna be because I didn't write a cheque."
"We will pay the training. If a company can't afford the cost of training, they should fly commercial."
"We ask for hard work, and in return we provide stability"
"We offer the best benefit package in the industry, bar none"
"We don't even want a hint or a rumor of things not being done right here. So we do things right"
Imagine.
Right now I am still on an endorphin high from thinking about flying a decent plane for a company that treats me like I have value. I think I expressed myself well; I got all the important parts covered, and I don't remember thinking to myself "Man, I shouldn't have said that". Now as long as everyone else they interview has a bad day, I'm set.
Hope is such an awesome feeling, like a long hot shower for the soul. Even if I don't get the job, I am grateful for the chance to imagine the possibilities, like a lotto 6/49 daydream.
Come on lucky numbers!
- Jaques Strappe
- Rank (9)

- Posts: 1847
- Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:34 pm
- Location: YYZ
- LostinRotation
- Rank (9)

- Posts: 1048
- Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:54 pm
- Location: Cloud #8
- Cat Driver
- Top Poster

- Posts: 18921
- Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2004 8:31 pm
-
just curious
- Rank Moderator

- Posts: 3592
- Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 9:29 am
- Location: The Frozen North
- Contact:
-
200hr Wonder
- Rank 10

- Posts: 2212
- Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:52 pm
- Location: CYVR
- Contact:
-
200hr Wonder
- Rank 10

- Posts: 2212
- Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:52 pm
- Location: CYVR
- Contact:
Not the 737 in Hope that I was looking for but I did find the Russians doing it in an IL62Fotoflyer wrote:Thanks for that 200hr Wonder.
http://www.airviolence.com/request.php?169
- bizjet_mania
- Rank 8

- Posts: 982
- Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:37 am




