Skyservice Airlines Reborn?

Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

crj_705
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Skyservice Airlines Reborn?

Post by crj_705 »

FICU wrote:Is that because a senior Captain at CJ will make more as a first year Captain at the LCC?
I might have missed something here fellas...

I thought all the pilot positions at the LCC are supposed to be filled internally from the ACPA seniority lists. Is this not the case???

Thanks! :?
---------- ADS -----------

NovaBoy
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by NovaBoy »

[quote="FICU"]Is that because a senior Captain at CJ will make more as a first year Captain at the LCC?[/

The Canjet pay is pretty terrible.

I don't know how ACPA figures into all this, especially if Skyservice will be running the show. I'm just going by what I heard from a former Canjet guy.

As usual in aviation, believe nothing what hear and only half of what you see.

Max_Diff
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Max_Diff »

I thought the LCC was gonna be AC guys. Their new LCC pay scales are for the 767 and 320, nothing mentioned about 737's.

mhpilot
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by mhpilot »

Well I hate to burst everyone's bubble but this has nothing to do with the LCC or for that matter anything with AC, but what it does have everything to do with is TC, pilots have been hired, training has begun and more to come in due time :)

URC
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by URC »

what it does have everything to do with is TC
TC ? Transport Canada ? Thomas Cook ?
Aero Bee Airlines Inc. (applicant) has applied to the Canadian Transportation Agency (Agency) for a licence to operate a domestic service, large aircraft.

The Agency is satisfied that the applicant meets all the applicable requirements of section 61 of the Canada Transportation Act (CTA).

Further, with respect to this application, the applicant has undertaken that it will not contravene section 59 of the CTA prior to the issuance of the applied for licence.

Accordingly, the Agency approves the application for a licence to operate a domestic service, large aircraft.
Aero Bee Airlines Inc. (applicant) has applied to the Canadian Transportation Agency (Agency) for a licence to operate a non-scheduled international service, large aircraft, to transport traffic on a charter basis between Canada and any other country.

The Agency is satisfied that the applicant meets all the applicable requirements of subsection 73(1) of the Canada Transportation Act (CTA).

Further, with respect to this application, the applicant has undertaken that it will not contravene section 59 of the CTA prior to the issuance of the applied for licence.

Accordingly, the Agency approves the application for a licence to operate a non‑scheduled international service, large aircraft.

Pursuant to subsection 74(1) of the CTA, the licence is subject to the conditions prescribed by the Air Transportation Regulations, SOR/88-58, as amended, and the following condition:

The Licensee is authorized to transport traffic on a charter basis between Canada and any other country.
http://www.cta-otc.gc.ca/eng/rulings-m/139/34/2012-09

Rhys Perraton
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Rhys Perraton »

And the hilarious thing is that after they get set up they'll be bringing in British contract pilots for the season.

pacificwind
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by pacificwind »

IAMWETODDIT wrote:That’s a good rumour, I believe they have some personnel in Germany right now look at some air Berlin 800’s, which are coming off lease. And I am sure old Russ Payson has some cash in the bank.
Russ doesn't ever use his own cash!
If you know anything about his ventures, you will see that it is always someone else's money and as a result, no-risk to himself.
i.e. Skyservice was funded by the various tour operators and Sky Regional funded by AC. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if this new start up has Robbie Goldberg(Conquest), Jonathan Carroll(Itravel2000) or Michael Friisdahl (Sunquest) behind it.
An after-note...
looks like AC just announced that Friisdahl has been hired to run the LCC.

Last edited by pacificwind on Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
dashx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by dashx »

Disco Stu
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Disco Stu »

I'm missing the relevance.....

dashx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by dashx »

Has been a little quiet on the 737 front....

So:
his current interest is Skyregional..........amongst other things ....
It appears my initial statement was correct (in light of current events). And that 737 doesn't appear to have moved much...

Yuup (thanks Dave Hester).

CAL
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by CAL »

what a f---ing mess

URC
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by URC »

I see C-GBKI is still sitting on the Skyservice ramp at YYZ. As far as I can tell all it's done all winter is get towed between the hangar and the ramp ? Interesting business model, I wonder what sort of lease rate they are paying for the thing ? Does anyone know what the real deal is with this B737 ?

fruz
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by fruz »

Looks like there doing a little more than towing it, albeit not much still.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/CGBKI

Realitychex
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Realitychex »

fruz wrote:Looks like there doing a little more than towing it, albeit not much still.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/CGBKI
Airplanes are cheap. Flying them is expensive.

8)

dashx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by dashx »

Heh heh heh.............

Air

Kindly substitute 737 for breath.

aerosexual
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by aerosexual »

lol is there a meaning to that? Is the 737 finally gone? Is Aerobee dead? Or what's the deal?

dashx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by dashx »

I've put my reading glasses back on and I am eagerly awaiting the appearance of the machine either on the apron or as a flightaware radar image (damn now they will probably block that too....).

unregistered
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by unregistered »

aerosexual wrote:lol is there a meaning to that? Is the 737 finally gone? Is Aerobee dead? Or what's the deal?
Aero Bee is dead.

BeechjetYKZ
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by BeechjetYKZ »

I notice the plane outside most days (it's hard to miss with all the bizjets and Dash 8s on the ramp) however Flightaware shows it occasionally going for a quick flight around YYZ. I've never seen it airborne so I'm not sure otherwise. Perhaps another airline is considering scooping it up (Westjet? Canjet? Transat?).

TheGandM
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by TheGandM »

I think you'll find the aircraft is being returned to Europe very soon. As for AeroBee? My guess is that it was part of the Virgin Pacific deal that Air Canada was participating in until they postponed things in November.

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”