AC Interview

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Gnomie23
Rank 0
Rank 0

AC Interview

Post by Gnomie23 »

Hi Everyone,

I finished a phone interview with Air Canada on Dec 13th, it went well and the recruiter was putting me to a second interview for Dec 18th. He mentioned a confirmation email would be sent out but I have yet to recieve it. If I do not recieve this email, does it mean that I have not made it to the next face to face interview process? Any help or tips for the interview would be great!

Thanks!
---------- ADS -----------

dream_big
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: AC Interview

Post by dream_big »

might be wrong, but I haven't heard of AC doing a phone interview. Usually, you just get an email inviting you to an interview. Maybe they do this sometimes or maybe they just changed their process. Wish I could give you more info.

ZBBYLW
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ZBBYLW »

Are you applying for a pilot position? If it's for another position unfortunately it may be best to look somewhere else as there are not many on here from elsewhere in the company.

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

Could mean they had a wrong e-mail or misspelled, why don't you call.

DanWEC
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by DanWEC »

To clarify, you did an interview by phone Dec 13th, which is today, but you posted this yesterday on the 12th?
Or is the post date just an error with the time zones, etc, on the forum.

Good luck anyways,

DWEC

Dh8Classic
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Dh8Classic »

Look it up on google.....below is from a website called http://www.aviationinterviews.com/pilot ... ada-2.html

Went to the Air Canada interview recently. There are several different things that are done. They could be in different orders as there are several candidates that are doing the near day long process.

The first part was an over 500 question psychological test on a computer that asks all kinds of questions unrelated to flying. They are more personality type questions that seem to come up more than once sometimes to see if you answer the same way both times. It takes a while to do this. There is actually a second computer exam that is about 200 more questions in a similar manner. Your answers are a choice of Strongly agree, Strongly disagree or an in between answer.

The third test is kind of fun. You are in a room doing various kinds of mind games where you use a plastic pen to touch a screen to give your responses. For example, you may have a group of five letters such as ACSFT and the ASCFT comes up and you touch the screen with the pen as fast as possible if it is not the same 5 letter group. I guess to see how fast you can recognize it.

There is only one thing you could prepare for on this test. There is a long-term memory test here that you do not realize that you are being tested on until later. One of the many games that comes up after about 10 minutes is matching numbers to symbols. There are six digits to be memorized that are associated with six symbols. For example, your six digits to memorize might be YIEN?G. That is fine and you memorize those symbols for the little game/test that you do and complete the game. I suggest that you continuously go over this group of digits in your mind saying them to yourself repeatedly during the next several little game tests because about 10 minutes later, it asks you to remember what those 6 digits were and mark them down. Keep saying them to yourself over and over until it is needed again and it will be needed again.

The interview was very friendly.

I would say avoid the PC pilot thing where you pay for a practice interview. I was told about someone who took it that their questions were almost all wrong.

Questions asked are:

1. Tell us about a situation or incident you had and how you handled it. What could you have done better or learned from it.

2. Tell us about a time you made a split second decision.

3. What is the favourite thing about your present job.

4. What is the least favourite thing about your present job.

5. What are your strengths.

6.What is your greatest weakness and how do you deal with it.

7. Give an example where you had to use your negotiating skills with a coworker to accomplish a task.

8. How do you deal with a coworker who is not pulling their weight.

9. Tell us about a time that you helped a passenger.

10. Tell us about the most difficult passenger you had to deal with.

11. What made you want to fly.

12. Tell us about a time you bent the rules to get the job done.

13. Have you ever failed a ride.

14. Have you ever been fired.

15. Have you ever had a violation or been investigated for a potential violation.

16. Have you ever needed extra training.

17. Any accidents or reportable incidents.

18.Any letters on your file at your employer.

19. What would your chief pilot say about you.

The last question is them telling you that now is the time that you can sell yourself to us by telling us why we should hire you. This is followed by an opportunity to ask them any questions about Air Canada. Prior to this, they go through a long briefing about work conditions at Air Canada that is pretty much read from their own notes that appears to answer many of the repeated questions that have come up by candidates in the interview process previously. So have several questions ready for them that are not about things like first year pay and pension stuff as that will already be answered for you leaving you potentially with none of your prepared questions.

Johnny#5
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Johnny#5 »

Damn, thats some good info!!

Gnomie23
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Gnomie23 »

Thank you all for the wonderful reply's. It was all very helpful! I have called back and confirmed my second interview for the 18th! Hopefully I will be coming back with some good news.

Again Thank you All!!!

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

Let us know if they are still asking the same questions. Hmmm....maybe by pesonal PM...just in case they are monitoring the board.

cj555
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by cj555 »

Looking forward to hearing how it went!

I was just wondering what kind of experience/TT/MPIC do you have? Just wondering what kind of time will get you an interview at AC these days.

David Hasselhoff
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by David Hasselhoff »

I hoping I could ask a quick PM of anyone who has got an email of call after applying for a second or third kick at the can...

Thanks

DH

darockwilder
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by darockwilder »

I received this from AC recruitment a couple of days ago

Thank you for applying for the position of Pilot at Air Canada.

As indicated in your application, you have been previously interviewed for this position. Please note that we continue to review files for candidates that were not previously selected for employment. If there are any questions regarding your candidacy or if we wish to invite you back for a subsequent interview, we will contact you directly.

Thank you for considering Air Canada as a prospective employer.

We wish you every success in your current position and in the pursuit of your career goals.

LeakyFloats
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by LeakyFloats »

Is the recruitment department doing interviews right now? Wasn't there a bit of a break around Christmas?

bruced007
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by bruced007 »

I interviewed may 2012 and didn't make it so I guess I can reapply after 6 months. Anybody have any idea about what the reapplication process is like.

powerbrian
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by powerbrian »

Does anyone have any updated info on this topic?
Any new questions being asked or specific tests?
What are the requirements looking like right now and has anyone been called?

Feel free to PM me

Return to “Air Canada”