Help from any Jazz pilots

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

BRM22
Rank 0
Rank 0

Help from any Jazz pilots

Post by BRM22 »

Hello everyone,
Me and my partner are working on our thesis at Seneca College on electronic flight bags and their implementation into regional airlines. It would be a great help to us if any current pilots at Jazz could do our quick 5 minute survey. There are 2 links, one for the consent form and one for the actual survey.

Consent form:http://fluidsurveys.com/surveys/benjami ... nt-form-1/

Survey: http://fluidsurveys.com/surveys/benjami ... sent-form/

Thanks!
---------- ADS -----------

crj_705
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Help from any Jazz pilots

Post by crj_705 »

Sorry BRM22,

Our Company is too cheap to make the switch to EFB's. We have been talking about it for 8yrs now!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Other airlines are using them with great success, but it is the 'Jazz' way to study things to death and to try and reinvent the wheel their way...

gcanuel
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by gcanuel »

Well technically, we're allowed class 1 EFBs; now for flight above 10k and in cruise.
I use my iPad frequently for references, although I'm not holding my breath anymore for the jepps

Green Onions
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Green Onions »

EFB's will save fuel, but AC pays for all the fuel.... So Jazz is asking AC to buy the Ipads for them. Chances of Jazz get EFB's? Not good I think.

Canoehead
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Canoehead »

Relax guys. It will be a go. Some pretty big logistics and policies to get figured out. They want to get it right- it's no small task.

countryhick
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by countryhick »

Also one of the issues is Jepp doesn't provide digital versions of " tailored" charts, ie the 10-0 pages, company info etc.

DH772
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by DH772 »

Relax guys. It will be a go. Some pretty big logistics and policies to get figured out. They want to get it right- it's no small task.
Agreed. anyone buying 2000-3000 iPad's is not a small cost. So you can imagine how all details and tests need to be figured out before investing that amount of money.

av8ts
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by av8ts »

I have the 10-0 pages in pdf format on my playbook. All downloaded from the Jepp website.

countryhick
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by countryhick »

Ok, scratch that mid level managers explanation....

Turd Ferguson
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Turd Ferguson »

I've been hearing about the impending arrival of Electronic Flights Bags when I was flying the Fokker. Those Spey powered WHISPERJETS have been parked since 2002. Yup that's 11 years. For over a decade some muckie muck management type has been giving ole Turdo the same song and dance. Now we're told by the same brain surgeons in Flights Ops. that some of the Jazz specific data(10-0 Airport Info Charts) can't be displayed on iPads? Huh? I guess we can't be trusted to keep a paper copy of these charts in our traditional flight-bags or have them in the on-board library. No sireee Bob.Just as well because some of the older farts can't even pull up a flight plan on the FDLAN. I'll be getting a sextant before I see a flippen iPad I tells ya!
Turd

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”