Upcoming Jazz station closures

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Fanblade
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Upcoming Jazz station closures

Post by Fanblade »

teacher wrote:The banana analogy is great assuming the numbers are correct and I'm sure you're close. .
Teacher, The intent was not to mimic or portray any group. The numbers are simply meant to show that in Cost Plus Agreement, Cost can not be ignored. Margin is only a piece and in reality a bit part.

I agree with your views on what a business should be as well. Creating something of value. Increasing that value. But that isn't today's reality. Many people see value extraction as a business opportunity. AKA vulture funds.
---------- ADS -----------

teacher
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by teacher »

Fanblade wrote:
teacher wrote:The banana analogy is great assuming the numbers are correct and I'm sure you're close. .
Teacher, The intent was not to mimic or portray any group. The numbers are simply meant to show that in Cost Plus Agreement, Cost can not be ignored. Margin is only a piece and in reality a bit part.

I agree with your views on what a business should be as well. Creating something of value. Increasing that value. But that isn't today's reality. Many people see value extraction as a business opportunity. AKA vulture funds.
I like analogies and never thought of it that way until your banana one :)

Ain't that the truth. The old fashioned entrepreneurs have been replaced by thieves and crooks.

V1VRV2
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by V1VRV2 »

Giant hammer
I guess your a real regional pilot , you probably fly a Dh8 wow that's a real big airliner !! I take it you make pax announcements from the Flight deck ..... Lol what a joke. Your ego matches your attitude including probably all of few thousand hours.
Anyways lets get back to the OVERPAID CSA .... Are you for real if anyone is overpaid at Jazz it's you, that's right the real Airline AC is looking to cut costs(sadly the race to the bottom in the North American industry) and guess what your'e probably next as a matter of fact you are next like now , look around why do you think Sky Regional was born and given a DH8/400 , as well as EMB190 fleet ? That's to replace your whinny ass, so get off your high horse and try to help yourself as we'll as all your co workers ie stand united. But then again when your job is outsourced you can always go back to what you did before, fly cherokee's or 172's
Or perhaps you'll be begging to get hired by the rookie operator, and be a wannabe pilot yourself let me know how that works out for you.

Best of luck, seems to me you have a lot of maturing to do.

DH772
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by DH772 »

...aside from the poster you're ranting about...
V1VrV2, you try and remark on someones uneducated post and prove a point, but that had to be the most IMMATURE and ironic post of all. You insult the ego of another user and then go ahead and insult 1500 jazz pilots by telling us they're not a real pilot because their airplane isn't a big bad jet? Aside from the horrible spelling mistakes and inaccurate facts (EMB190?), I think if there is anyone that needs to mature it is you mind friend.

Next time you decide to insult someone, take a second to think about it, a second to reflect on your own ego, and a second to proof read. Cheers

razorblade
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by razorblade »

DH772 wrote:
...aside from the poster you're ranting about...
V1VrV2, you try and remark on someones uneducated post and prove a point, but that had to be the most IMMATURE and ironic post of all. You insult the ego of another user and then go ahead and insult 1500 jazz pilots by telling us they're not a real pilot because their airplane isn't a big bad jet? Aside from the horrible spelling mistakes and inaccurate facts (EMB190?), I think if there is anyone that needs to mature it is you mind friend.

Next time you decide to insult someone, take a second to think about it, a second to reflect on your own ego, and a second to proof read. Cheers
+1.

V1VRV2
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by V1VRV2 »

Ok so start by educating him, i didn't comment on the 1500 jazz pilots. My comments were aimed at his arrogant attitude. It was a completely sarcastic post on my behalf, obviously I hit a nerve with some of you. His high and mighty sense of entitlement towards his co workers pissed me off. Too many pilots feel that they are above in stature within the ranks, total bs that’s what creates dissension amongst the employee's when you should be united especially in these times of turmoil.

Best of luck and btw wether they are 190’s or sorry 175’s that are being operated by the other feeder. That makes no difference maybe the 190/195’s are next. Concentrate on stemming the tide and perhaps the future will be brighter.

V1VRV2
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by V1VRV2 »

Oh and by the way [/quote] “]1500 jazz pilots by telling us they're not real pilots [/quote]” perhaps you also need to proof read !

Johnny#5
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Johnny#5 »

So like Fanblade queried earlier, how CAN Encore boast 50% the cost? Is that possible?

Splash
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Splash »

It would seem the outcome of the Customer/Aircraft services group now lays in the hands of the arbitrator. Would this be an indicator of future labour/management negotiations as this may be precedent setting?

http://caw2002tca.ca/NewsRoom/jazz-csaa ... stage.aspx

Lots of great posts on the issue of costs,certainly leaves one to ask what kind of future lays ahead?

Mach7
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Mach7 »

re Atlanticflyers comments of:

Shrink Jazz, grow Sky Regional, grow Rouge. Simple.

Actually, i will correct your statement on that to include:

shrink Jazz and have Chorus aviation start another Airline with no or new contracts and new pilots. I figure this will start happening after 2015.

and yes...they can legally do this

you heard it here first.

Canoehead
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Canoehead »

Mach7 wrote: shrink Jazz and have Chorus aviation start another Airline with no or new contracts and new pilots. I figure this will start happening after 2015.

and yes...they can legally do this

you heard it here first.
While it may be possible, and legal, it is not even remotely probable. They're not that dumb.

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

This is from our current contract and "Chorus is a dividend-paying holding company that owns Jazz Aviation LP"
b) Affiliate means any entity that controls the Company or is controlled by
the Company whether directly or indirectly through the control of other
entities
i) Merger means any action that either directly or indirectly results in:
i) the acquisition, or the right to acquire, by the Company or its Affiliates
of more than thirty percent (30%) of the shares of another air carrier;
ii) the acquisition, or the right to acquire, by any entity or coalition of
entities of more than thirty percent (30%) of the shares of the Company;
iii) the merger or amalgamation of all or part of the Company with another
air carrier;
iv) any change of Control of the Company; or
v) any change to the Company’s corporate identity.
.02 All Pilot Positions and all flying performed by or on behalf of an Affiliate shall be
occupied and performed by Pilots on the Pilot System Seniority List.

Mach7
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Mach7 »

Re-read your first line of your thread and I think you can see what i am eluding to;

"This is from our current contract"

Jazz Aviation LP, (as you stated), IS wholly owned by Chorus Aviation Inc, and as such will begin, or have already begun to look at other options. I feel this will be very evident come contract negotiation time....in 2015.

That is to say this union (ALPA) will either have some flow-thru agreement with existing Jazz Crews...or just hand over yet another LOU to allow Chorus to do what ever they want with there new (hypothetical) airline......somewhat, but not exactly like Rouge......And I think we have seen what the sunrise of a new airline does to pay scales and working conditions..

I also believe that the "road show" from our union will paint this new airline as a dangled carrot. does anyone recall the B757 talks during our last contract negotiation?...during the 'road shows' we were basically told that we would lose this contract if we did not accept the TA...or as I like to call it..the needs of the few out weigh the needs of the many

We are living in a time where we pay high union dues to ensure good contracts and the protection of existing ones, whilst at the same time our power of negotiation has been eroded and we are dictated to by either the company we work for or the same people that we trust to negotiate for us.

It is time to realize that Jazz is a tool...to make money...not for you, but for them. This ride is going to end when the CPA expires, or at the very least change very drastically....

I believe that something will exist afterwards, but hard to say what it will look like, but for sure there will be huge concessions involved.

I hope I am wrong....

Splash
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Splash »

midwingcrisis
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by midwingcrisis »

DHC-1 Jockey
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by DHC-1 Jockey »

midwingcrisis wrote:Some more costs..... http://www.thenorthernview.com/business/220428031.html
They're trying to bleed everyone dry. At this rate there's not much blood left to get!

Why_bee_gee
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Why_bee_gee »

motivation level is very low !!

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”