Working at Jazz

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

shamrock104
Rank 8
Rank 8

Working at Jazz

Post by shamrock104 »

Can anyone confirm if there is a 6 month waiting period for passes with Jazz similar to Mainline for new hires?
---------- ADS -----------

Beach 200
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Working at Jazz

Post by Beach 200 »

Yup

Fish N. Chips
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Fish N. Chips »

How long is the wait for using a reciprocal jumpseat on other carriers? I heard one month, not sure if that's valid.

Lateralus
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Lateralus »

Fish N. Chips wrote:How long is the wait for using a reciprocal jumpseat on other carriers? I heard one month, not sure if that's valid.
Could be wrong but think its immediate.

Beach 200
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Beach 200 »

Need your company ID for reciprocal Jumpseat. So that's pretty quick and sometimes a RAIC but it may depend on the carrier.

DHC-1 Jockey
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by DHC-1 Jockey »

Fish N. Chips wrote:How long is the wait for using a reciprocal jumpseat on other carriers? I heard one month, not sure if that's valid.
It's immediate once you have your RAIC. A buddy of mine was living in Winnipeg when he started at Jazz last year and he got to YYZ using WestJet jumpseats for his first 6 months. After 6 months at Jazz he had the option to use Air Canada passes.

CanadianEh
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by CanadianEh »

DHC-1 Jockey wrote:
It's immediate once you have your RAIC. A buddy of mine was living in Winnipeg when he started at Jazz last year and he got to YYZ using WestJet jumpseats for his first 6 months. After 6 months at Jazz he had the option to use Air Canada passes.
I still cannot get how ridiculous that is. It's not like the passes are positive space or anything!

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

There were instances at AC when the travel policy was 'passes available immediately' where employees were hired into unskilled positions used the pass system to travel one-way to other continents (clearly the plan upon hiring) or to take a few pleasure trips and then resign. Because of this, the policy reverted to the former '6 month wait' and this policy was applied at AC affiliated carriers as well.

hithere
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by hithere »

Yes but there is no reason new hires shouldn't be able to get passes from domicile to crew base from day one

Canoehead
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Canoehead »

I thought that there was a single designated city pair (base and home) that was eligible from the beginning? I know there was at one point, but did that get tossed at some point?

Regardless, that's one of those questions to ask at the interview.

DHC-1 Jockey
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by DHC-1 Jockey »

hithere wrote:Yes but there is no reason new hires shouldn't be able to get passes from domicile to crew base from day one
There is unlimited travel home during your training. Some people in my class went home on every day off they had, even if it was for only a day or two. Once you're on the line and done training however, no more passes except Jumpseating with other carriers.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you might be thinking of AC. I think they allow the travel back and forth between home and your base for commuting purposes, but I could be incorrect.

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”