Air Georgian Cadet Program

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

ggn
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Air Georgian Cadet Program

Post by ggn »

futabasan wrote:Hi ggn,
In terms of our school transcripts, do we bring them on the day of the interview or are we supposed to have them mailed to the Air Georgian mailing address?
You can mail your school transcripts to:
Attn: Cadet Program
Air Georgian
2450 Derry Road East
Hangar 2, Bay 3
Mississauga, Ontario
L5S 1B2
---------- ADS -----------

Triple77L
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Triple77L »

I just noticed that a new deadline was posted for the 15th of this month. Does that mean that there was a lack of qualified candidates that had applied? and for those that had already applied, if selected, when exactly can they expect to hear from H.R.?

Dirty A
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Dirty A »

I am not sure I fully understand all the negativity regarding this program. As previously mentioned, achieving the equivalent training independently costs approximately the same - hence, doesn't a similar investment WITH a conditional job offer place one a few steps ahead? Likewise, aren't institutions like FSI full of students who front the same tuition without any employer intervention or assistance? I've known individuals who have put up larger amounts of cash for graduate programs and several years down the line are scrounging the entry-level market after a sudden change of faith.

Nauti
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Nauti »

Hello all,

Do we know if successful applicants have been contacted yet? Either way, very best of luck to everybody applying!

cj555
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by cj555 »

Dirty A wrote:I am not sure I fully understand all the negativity regarding this program. As previously mentioned, achieving the equivalent training independently costs approximately the same - hence, doesn't a similar investment WITH a conditional job offer place one a few steps ahead? Likewise, aren't institutions like FSI full of students who front the same tuition without any employer intervention or assistance?
I agree Dirty A, I think this program represents one of the best options for entering the Airline industry today. This type of program has never been seen before in Canada. Candidates will have the opportunity to train at a world class facility at FSI at only slightly more than the cost of training in Canada, and receive a conditional offer of employment before they shell out the investment is unheard of. Not to mention the flow through to Air Canada that is contingent on the candidate maintaining an acceptable employment and training record seems very reasonable. Also note that the candidates will not be held to a higher standard than the other pilots at Air Georgian which also seems very fair to me. Another important note is that the cost of flight training will be paid directly to FSI which means that AG does not stand to benefit financially from flight training tuition fees (ie this is NOT a "pay for a job" type of program). I cannot find anything negative to say about the way this program is set up. I am very excited to see how the process goes for the first group of pilots who complete the program.

ggn
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ggn »

Triple77L wrote:I just noticed that a new deadline was posted for the 15th of this month. Does that mean that there was a lack of qualified candidates that had applied? and for those that had already applied, if selected, when exactly can they expect to hear from H.R.?
Unfortunately, our company website was undergoing some minor scheduled maintenance during the weekend of the original deadline. Because of this, some potential applicants were unable to view the application requirements and instructions. We have extended the deadline to April 15th to allow those affected by the website maintenance time to send in their applications.
Nauti wrote:Do we know if successful applicants have been contacted yet?
Successful applicants can expect to be contacted late April/early May.
cj555 wrote:I am very excited to see how the process goes for the first group of pilots who complete the program.
We are as well, thank you for your comments.

futabasan
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by futabasan »

Edit:Thanks ggn

Last edited by futabasan on Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
cj555
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by cj555 »

Hi ggn,

Can you let us know the format for the interview? Is the plan to have all the candidates go through the interview, cognitive test, psychological test, and medical all on the same day? Or will it be a series of interviews and call backs over the span of a few weeks?

Thanks

Triple77L
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Triple77L »

ggn wrote:
Nauti wrote:Do we know if successful applicants have been contacted yet?
Successful applicants can expect to be contacted late April/early May.
successful applicants for an interview or for the start of the program?

KAG
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by KAG »

And student loan payments

Triple77L
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Triple77L »

anyone yet to hear anything?

WheelsUp84
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by WheelsUp84 »

Not Yet...

CAPA24
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by CAPA24 »

Has anybody been contacted yet?

Physics
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Physics »

Haven't heard anything yet. I think they will take their time to choose the right candidates, hopefully we aren't the ones that haven't made it to the next round.....:(

Last edited by Physics on Mon May 13, 2013 11:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
BaboChorom
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by BaboChorom »

I know all of you are anxious, but I am 99.99% sure that none of us have heard anything from the application abyss yet. We'll just have to be patient, I suppose.

Baphomet
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Baphomet »

GGN,

Are you a managerial pilot (that hires from a pilot's a perspective) or an HR number cruncher or maybe the CP with a promised job at AC?

Is this some kind of scheme of filling your void of pilot manpower with a contractual agreement of Air Canada's current hiring or are you sincerely gonna hire pilots to fly the 1900 for a few years and cut em loose to AC? Sounds to good to be true.

$60k for school fees (American and FAA trained & certified) might be a risk for starting Canadian pilots that take the bait and down the road might have the contract "changed" in a few years. Rouge, Sunwing, Transat, 787 delay, etc... Its a dynamic industry everyone! It could go up or down, for the better or worse.

AND!... Why train a student in Florida for years , where you can provide ground school, sim training and PPC with a Canadian instructor and check pilot at a Flight Safety simulator/facility in a matter of weeks 3-5 weeks rather than a few years?

Ohhh....airlines all over the world are hiring. Flight Safety has given out a deal to train pilots (at your expense...not GGN) to maintain business.

Krimson
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Krimson »

Baphomet wrote:AND!... Why train a student in Florida for years , where you can provide ground school, sim training and PPC with a Canadian instructor and check pilot at a Flight Safety simulator/facility in a matter of weeks 3-5 weeks rather than a few years?
You cannot train someone for their PPL, CPL, Multi rating, Group 1 IFR, BE02 type rating all in 5 weeks.

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

Where does it say years, last time I checked 48 weeks is 11 months. 11 months for private, commercial and multi-ifr is about right.
If you are chosen to participate in the Cadet Program you will be given a conditional offer of employment by Air Georgian Limited and Air Canada. You will be sent to the FlightSafety Academy at Vero Beach, Florida for a 48-week training course. The cost of this course is approximately US$60,000 and is to be paid for by the candidate. This amount includes full tuition and housing for the duration of the course.

CAPA24
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by CAPA24 »

Unauthorized Mention

Essaboy
Rank 0
Rank 0