Can anyone get me in Bombardier Family Day tomorrow? May 26!

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Post Reply
bizjets101
Rank 10
Rank 10
Posts: 2105
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:44 pm

Can anyone get me in Bombardier Family Day tomorrow? May 26!

Post by bizjets101 »

Just realized it's family day at YZD tomorrow - should have the Westjet Q400 out there, though I'm way more interested in the Globals!!!

Just wondering if anyone is going that has room for one more 'distant' family member!!!!

Just sent Bombardier Liaison an email, but being late Saturday!!, they probably won't get it until Monday!!!!

If anyone has access - I'm available anytime tomorrow, just send a message to;

bizjets101@gmail.com

thanx Rob.

Image
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
L1011
Rank 4
Rank 4
Posts: 208
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:53 pm

Re: Can anyone get me in Bombardier Family Day tomorrow? May

Post by L1011 »

I haven't been in a few years but at the last one I remember it was "Family and Community Day"

If I recall correctly there was no need to provide identification, the gates were wide open. It was a really good one too, they had static displays of every type made at Downsview and a couple of RJ's. There were a couple of flyby's too, including a Global.

Good luck!
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
dashx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)
Posts: 1227
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:51 am

Re: Can anyone get me in Bombardier Family Day tomorrow? May

Post by dashx »

I heard the event was cancelled for lack of funds. And they had a fundraiser (pulling a Dash 8) instead......

???
---------- ADS -----------
 
pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster
Posts: 8321
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:48 pm

Re: Can anyone get me in Bombardier Family Day tomorrow? May

Post by pelmet »

Why don't you just wait for the annual open house where you can tour through all the manufacturing facilities of their aircraft and enjoy the aircraft that fly-in on that day.

What I would like to know is if there is an open house at the Mirabel and Dorval facilities. I have been lucky enough to get a personal tour(contacts) of the Global finishing facility in Dorval and the very interesting facilities in Dorval where they have all kinds of tradesmen creating the beautiful interiors for the bizjets but I would still like to see the Challenger lines in Dorval and the RJ/C Series lines in Mirabel.
---------- ADS -----------
 
xsbank
Top Poster
Top Poster
Posts: 5655
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2004 4:00 pm
Location: "The Coast"

Re: Can anyone get me in Bombardier Family Day tomorrow? May

Post by xsbank »

What is completely mind-boggling to me is that the the jets are still hand-made, yet each one is a work of art. I have been to the machine shops and watched then build wing skins out of huge slabs of aluminum; watched them build up a cockpit from racks of parts, installed windshields with a jig, offered the wings up to the fuselage, finished the interiors, painted them then when they flew them they were virtually flawless, both green and unfinished. Amazing process and an amazing product and largely taken for granted, certainly by the stock market!
I remember when they bought Lear, they flew a green Challenger to Witchita to show them how it was possible to rivet without using pounds of bondo to finish it and how to use jigs to make each plane the same shape as the previous and they were completely gob-smacked at how beautifully made the Challenger was. There is no bondo on a Challenger! There was actually some labour unrest as the old hands at Lear had to relearn the jobs they had had for years...
If you ever get to look at Bombardier it really is worth it; surprisingly to those who don't live in Quebec, the French don't bite!
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
Expat
Rank 10
Rank 10
Posts: 2383
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2005 3:58 am
Location: Central Asia

Re: Can anyone get me in Bombardier Family Day tomorrow? May

Post by Expat »

I am really proud, on early morning flights from Kabul airport, to stand outside our terminal, and look at our CRJ-200, Dash-7, Dash-8, and Lear 55, standing on the ramp! All except the Lear are also Canadian operated. :smt040
---------- ADS -----------
 
Falcon7X
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:38 am

Re: Can anyone get me in Bombardier Family Day tomorrow? May

Post by Falcon7X »

pelmet wrote:Why don't you just wait for the annual open house where you can tour through all the manufacturing facilities of their aircraft and enjoy the aircraft that fly-in on that day.

What I would like to know is if there is an open house at the Mirabel and Dorval facilities. I have been lucky enough to get a personal tour(contacts) of the Global finishing facility in Dorval and the very interesting facilities in Dorval where they have all kinds of tradesmen creating the beautiful interiors for the bizjets but I would still like to see the Challenger lines in Dorval and the RJ/C Series lines in Mirabel.
Pelmet / all,

Do you or anyone else know when the annual open house is being held at YZD this year please?

Many thanks
---------- ADS -----------
 
Post Reply

Return to “General Comments”