North Cariboo Air

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Liverpoolfan
Rank 1
Rank 1

North Cariboo Air

Post by Liverpoolfan »

Hey,
Anyone out there that can give me some heads up on NCA i would greatly appreciate.
I have a phone interview coming up just wanted to get some insight.
please PM if possible.

Cheers
---------- ADS -----------

rayban
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: North Cariboo Air

Post by rayban »

One of the best companies I've ever had the privilege of working for. Good equipment and some of the best people in the industry. Good luck in the process.

Jack In The Box
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jack In The Box »

I am curious as to what the pay is like at this company? I've heard very good things about them but heard interesting things about their payscale. Can someone in the know PM me?

Thanks!

Jack In The Box
Rank 4
Rank 4

Just want to give this a bump. Anyone have any info on pay scale?

turbo-prop
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by turbo-prop »

Depending on experience. Mid 60's for king airs, high 60's for 1900, and mid 70's for dash.

Jack In The Box
Rank 4
Rank 4

turbo-prop wrote:Depending on experience. Mid 60's for king airs, high 60's for 1900, and mid 70's for dash.
That is for PIC I'm assuming? Do the pay scales increase each year?

Also, do they have passes with any airlines?

Scuba_Steve
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Scuba_Steve »

Jack In The Box wrote:
turbo-prop wrote:Depending on experience. Mid 60's for king airs, high 60's for 1900, and mid 70's for dash.

Typically there are raises each year 2k or so per year. My info is old though. Great company, I worked there for 5 years and I still miss people I worked with. CP even sent me a thank you card for canceling a flight once, not something I've ever experienced before .... Or since :)

One thing I should mention, NCA is a great place to go to as a captain and can be a long frustrating wait as an FO looking for command. Unless you have some PIC you may get pigeon holed by various oil company Requirments....not saying you won't get an upgrade eventually it just may be a longer wait that elsewhere...

Also, no passes....

Cheers and good luck

whiteguy
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by whiteguy »

Scuba_Steve wrote:
Jack In The Box wrote:

Typically there are raises each year 2k or so per year. My info is old though. Great company, I worked there for 5 years and I still miss people I worked with. CP even sent me a thank you card for canceling a flight once, not something I've ever experienced before .... Or since :)

One thing I should mention, NCA is a great place to go to as a captain and can be a long frustrating wait as an FO looking for command. Unless you have some PIC you may get pigeon holed by various oil company Requirments....not saying you won't get an upgrade eventually it just may be a longer wait that elsewhere...

Also, no passes....

Cheers and good luck
+1, to Steve's info.

Make sure you read over the Contrail requirements and see where you are for time and see whether you meet them. You could find yourself stuck for a while if you don't have the time. PIC is gold for Contrail!

Contrail charts are at the top of this forum if you need them. Also more info in the "Salary" section.

Jack In The Box
Rank 4
Rank 4

Thanks guys!

I have about 1000 turbine mpic. More then half of that is +12.5 time. So that will help I imagine. Calgary is a great city and I would be happy to spend a few years there working for an outstanding company such as NCA.

Scuba_Steve
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Scuba_Steve »

Jack In The Box wrote:Thanks guys!

I have about 1000 turbine mpic. More then half of that is +12.5 time. So that will help I imagine. Calgary is a great city and I would be happy to spend a few years there working for an outstanding company such as NCA.
With that kind of time your laughing.....and it is a good place to spend a few years or even hang your hat, as more than a few have.

Good luck

Cheers

JerryRig
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by JerryRig »

Just heads up, NCA likes to put over qualified people in their positions, regardless of contrails. It might have to do with Shell etc which are higher than contrails. You may not get what you were aiming for and expect the bait and switch routine.

JR

whiteguy
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by whiteguy »

JerryRig wrote:Just heads up, NCA likes to put over qualified people in their positions, regardless of contrails. It might have to do with Shell etc which are higher than contrails. You may not get what you were aiming for and expect the bait and switch routine.

JR
There are quite a few companies that are higher than Contrails. Shell, Imperial, Conoco....

They don't put overqualified people in the positions for shits and giggles, they're there because they need them!

Jack In The Box
Rank 4
Rank 4

Scuba_Steve wrote:
Jack In The Box wrote:Thanks guys!

With that kind of time your laughing.....and it is a good place to spend a few years or even hang your hat, as more than a few have.

Good luck

Cheers
Thanks! That would be my goal/plan, to spend a several year stint with a company like this. I'm in no rush to move too fast.

Biggles
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Biggles »

+1 Rayban & Whitey.

Definitely one of the better outfits out there. Still miss it to this day. Not many places operators out there that will invite you and a dozen workmates to an all inclusive weekend on the owners houseboat. Just for poops 'n gigs.

Some of the finest pilots that I have had the privilege of working with.

co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

Good company, great people. I sure do miss the Cariboo party machine. But man did they suck at managed aircraft.

airspeed250
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by airspeed250 »

leftoftrack
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by leftoftrack »

Has north cariboo always had a Vancouver base? What do they operate out of that base?

whiteguy
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by whiteguy »

leftoftrack wrote:Has north cariboo always had a Vancouver base? What do they operate out of that base?
Hasn't been a base yet, just a couple flights a week with the Dash 8.

Things are changing though.....

leftoftrack
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by leftoftrack »

So are they looking for dash pilots then?

whiteguy
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by whiteguy »

leftoftrack wrote:So are they looking for dash pilots then?
Not that I know of....

Return to “Employment Forum”