First Job to Second

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Cavalier44
Rank 4
Rank 4

First Job to Second

Post by Cavalier44 »

---------- ADS -----------

Last edited by Cavalier44 on Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Prairiefire
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: First Job to Second

Post by Prairiefire »

PIC is king, whether it be single or multi. If you enjoy your company now, wait for pic on something or go somewhere to get pic. I don't suggest lateral moves, ie FO to FO. Having a significant other might be tough, as in to get pic now you probably have to move somewhere she won't want to. Tis' a difficult decision and equally as difficult to find a job.

My two cents

Switchfoot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Switchfoot »

Prairiefire wrote:PIC is king, whether it be single or multi.

Agreed. PIC is golden; you will advance quicker, you'll learn more about yourself, and grow in your skill set. Plus, you'll likely earn more money. Lots happening in Alberta. With 1000 hours turbine you could probably slide easily into a Navajo PIC job/right seat king air and get upgraded quickly. Don't worry about the Contrail requirements; there are plenty of companies hiring and if you do a little research you'll find several which offer decent money, safe aircraft, and room for advancement. Good luck!

Switchfoot. 8)

Cavalier44
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Cavalier44 »

lownslow
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by lownslow »

Prairiefire wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:49 pm I don't suggest lateral moves, ie FO to FO.
...unless you made a terrible mistake in picking your current job, then get out.

DanWEC
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by DanWEC »

lownslow wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:30 pm
Prairiefire wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:49 pm I don't suggest lateral moves, ie FO to FO.
...unless you made a terrible mistake in picking your current job, then get out.
Ie. Wabusk-->Thunder

Return to “Employment Forum”