Airmanship Education

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

lownslow
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Airmanship Education

Post by lownslow »

Taco Joe wrote:
rob-air wrote:Now Some noisy machines pilots should be educated on aimanship, I get so irritated when they start up their turboprops while I am trying to show a student how to perform a walk around,cant even hear myself think.
I hope you're just trolling with that statement.
I thought I was a great airman until I read that one. Maybe give me a hand pushing the work plane around the other side of the FBO next time? Then I can fire up in a spot where you can at least hear your louder thoughts.

LnS.
---------- ADS -----------

skymarc
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by skymarc »

+1
If they dont want me to start there, dont park it there or move it before I start.

CFR
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re:

Post by CFR »

Beefitarian wrote:
simulated fart sound effect.
Simulated? Amateurs!

Milk out nose!! Thank you very much!

Beefitarian
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Beefitarian »

He must really be re-working those PMs to ensure anonymity.

rob-air
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by rob-air »

skymarc wrote:+1
If they dont want me to start there, dont park it there or move it before I start.
My statement was kind of a joke, but the same could be said for propwash directed at hangars and or other planes.
It just shows that there is different perspectives of good aimanship. Note that I dont support careless air pushing.

Maynard
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Maynard »

It's really quite simple. The past: small single - [light twin - small turboprop]*usually the phase where good airmanship was developed; - medium turboprop - large turboprop - small jet - big jet...... Today: cessna 172 - medium/large turboprop.......hang on!

single_swine_herder
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by single_swine_herder »

rob-air wrote:
skymarc wrote:+1
My statement was kind of a joke, but the same could be said for propwash directed at hangars and or other planes.
It just shows that there is different perspectives of good aimanship. Note that I dont support careless air pushing.
How about the radical idea that Don Curry in Sault Ste Marie passed along about 35 or 40 years ago ....... if the airplane is going to blow air at an open hangar, you take the 60 seconds to go over to the place and say that you can't move the airplane without propwash hitting their open door, give them another bit of time to close the door, then start up and get out of the way with the minimum amount of disruption to local operations, they open the door and get along with life ..... everybody is happy with a minimum amount of disruption.

Return to “General Comments”