Thunder Bay - Vancouver Island on floats

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Post Reply
tractor driver
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 166
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:33 am

Thunder Bay - Vancouver Island on floats

Post by tractor driver »

Howdy All,
question for you,
We're planning a trip early Sept. I've got a couple possible routes worked out, just wondering if there's any input on what's better / worse, or good accommodation / food / fuel / yadda yadda stops.
I'll need jet.
Cheers!

g
---------- ADS -----------
 
whisair
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:11 pm
Location: whistler
Contact:

Re: Thunder Bay - Vancouver Island on floats

Post by whisair »

I've used Chesterman Lake just outside of Calgary. The boys from Kenn Borek were very helpfull in bringing me out a couple of barrels of jet.
---------- ADS -----------
 
tractor driver
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 166
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:33 am

Re: Thunder Bay - Vancouver Island on floats

Post by tractor driver »

Thanks! I was there once a number of years ago but there wasn't a dock I was aware of then to go to. Ended up on a beach @ a friend's friend's place. I'm getting a good route figured out from all the help I've been getting PM'ed to me. Greatly appreciate it all!
---------- ADS -----------
 
Blue Side Down
Rank 7
Rank 7
Posts: 581
Joined: Tue May 04, 2004 11:27 am

Re: Thunder Bay - Vancouver Island on floats

Post by Blue Side Down »

The single malt is ready and waiting-
---------- ADS -----------
 
tractor driver
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 166
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:33 am

Re: Thunder Bay - Vancouver Island on floats

Post by tractor driver »

Excellent! Might have to overnight @ your place too. This could take a while!
---------- ADS -----------
 
tractor driver
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 166
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:33 am

Re: Thunder Bay - Vancouver Island on floats

Post by tractor driver »

Hey!
Had some uncontrollable delays in getting going, but got the trip accomplished this week. Some definate challenges on straight floats through Sask. / Alberta,, but got to meet some fantastic aviators and just wonderful all around souls.
Special thanks to kevinsky from this forum, without your help, Kelowna / Vernon would have been a considerable challenge instead of such a pleasure. Anyone considering this trip, particularly this time of year, should definitely give him a call.
Great to see that grass routes - fun - aviating is alive and well for those with enthusiasm.
Cheers!
g
---------- ADS -----------
 
Rudy
Rank (9)
Rank (9)
Posts: 1173
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 10:00 am
Location: N. Ont

Re: Thunder Bay - Vancouver Island on floats

Post by Rudy »

tractor driver wrote:routes
Nice pun!
---------- ADS -----------
 
Post Reply

Return to “General Comments”