WJE Flow through

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

albatross
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: WJE Flow through

Post by albatross »

Election is a farce. Print off your card and send it in. Lets get some REAL representation.
---------- ADS -----------

BE20 Driver
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by BE20 Driver »

There are people trying to understand the WJE Flow agreement who have no idea what you guys are talking about. For those of us who don't work at WJ, could you guys keep it on topic?

JSYK
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by JSYK »

WJ200 wrote:Company appointed? Do you remember an election 18 months ago..?? :rolleyes:
You skipped an election, Bro. 4 of you were supposed to be up for election almost a year ago.

As for the topic of this thread, if someone is refused their "right" to move up to mainline from Encore, what is their recourse? IF, the WJPA supports them and Company still says NO, I guess they can file a grievance can they? Who would be arbitrating that?
Oh, and what happens if a new CEO just says we are not going to do the flow that way anymore?

I think we all know the answers to these questions...

Elessar_44
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Elessar_44 »

Will new Encore FOs / hires be able to be based in YYZ in the new year or will you have to go do some time out of Calgary first?

whiteguy
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by whiteguy »

I don't think there's a firm date for YYZ base opening up yet.

Bouncer
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Bouncer »

Not trying to sound... well I don't know, but this sounds like anybody who's got lots of 705 PIC time on several types or so is really put in a bad spot here. Looks next to impossible to go to mainline direct. I never got a mention for direct entry captain and now seem way too over qualified for a Q400 F/O (not to mention loss of pay for a few years....). So basically the door that I had hoped to go through just shut and opened up 5 years in my past. This is incredibly unfortunate. It's hard to keep positive. Sigh...

BE20 Driver
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by BE20 Driver »

Bouncer wrote:anybody who's got lots of 705 PIC time on several types or so is really put in a bad spot here. Looks next to impossible to go to mainline direct.
So basically the door that I had hoped to go through just shut and opened up 5 years in my past.
I had a similar thoughts.
I have no inside information on this but my gut would say that the flow won't happen at 100% for a few years. I can't see Mainline poaching that many guys from a fledgling company until the get a good solid base built up. WestJet must also see the glut of guys out there with more industry experience than the Encore guys who will be in that little bubble - too qualified for a Q FO. I would guess that you've still got a couple of years before the door is truly closed (if ever).
All this is just speculation on my part.

LAX
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by LAX »

Bouncer wrote:Not trying to sound... well I don't know, but this sounds like anybody who's got lots of 705 PIC time on several types or so is really put in a bad spot here. Looks next to impossible to go to mainline direct. I never got a mention for direct entry captain and now seem way too over qualified for a Q400 F/O (not to mention loss of pay for a few years....). So basically the door that I had hoped to go through just shut and opened up 5 years in my past. This is incredibly unfortunate. It's hard to keep positive. Sigh...
Due to the rapid fleet expansion all the FOs being hired at Encore now are quick upgrades. So as long as you can handle spending 6 - 12 months in the right seat you're opportunity is still there. Also flow though wont start for another 8 months at least and even then will be at only 25% initially. So you can always apply and get hired directly to mainline. That opportunity is going to be around for a few years I'm sure.

gyqapilot
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by gyqapilot »

Any word on recent percentages of flow through? I know jazz/ac is 80%

DaveP
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by DaveP »

Hi
We had a couple classes with 100% back in the spring and the remainder of the year has been and will continue to be 75%.
Preliminary hiring numbers are in for 2017 - it's going to be busy. Almost 250 between the two (WJ/WJE) subject to change as usual.

Maxpwr
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Maxpwr »

Last edited by Maxpwr on Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jjj
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by jjj »

Maxpwr wrote:Hi Dave, could you elaborate how many are Mainline and how many Encore?

Thanks.
250X.25=62.5

Maxpwr
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Maxpwr »

jjj wrote:
Maxpwr wrote:Hi Dave, could you elaborate how many are Mainline and how many Encore?

Thanks.
250X.25=62.5
What does this mean exactly?

Maxpwr
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Maxpwr »

double post

Last edited by Maxpwr on Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maxpwr
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Maxpwr »

double post

jjj
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by jjj »

If 75% flow to the '37 from Encore then 25% come off the street directly to the '37.

25% of 250 hires is 62.5 that will go directly off the street to the '37 and bypass Encore.

That's all.

jjj
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by jjj »

If 75% flow to the '37 from Encore then 25% come off the street directly to the '37.

25% of 250 hires is 62.5 that will go directly off the street to the '37 and bypass Encore.

That's all.

Don't forget - the seniority list is date of hire. Those hired directly into the '37 will upgrade after all the Encore peeps already on the property.

Heisenberg666
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Heisenberg666 »

jjj wrote:If 75% flow to the '37 from Encore then 25% come off the street directly to the '37.

That's all.

Don't forget - the seniority list is date of hire. Those hired directly into the '37 will upgrade after all the Encore peeps already on the property.
I believe the 250 hires cited by Dave P is hiring at both mainline and Encore. In other words, there are less than 250 Boeing 737 vacancies, so hence the question about having a breakdown of vacancies.

fish4life
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by fish4life »

Yes it could be 100 WJ spots and 150 WJE ones so in reality it could be more 100 x.25 = 25 off the street for mainline but I don't know the real numbers.

DaveP
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by DaveP »

Hi Guys
We are looking at roughly the stated numbers (as mentioned above) 90-100 for WJ and about 150 for WJE respectively. Flow aside ( which hasn't been determined yet for 2017 courses) some other variables like WB growth, scheduling rules and retirements are still and will be coming into play. (2 more retired this week)

It's also worth noting that several of the upcoming WJE courses will be Calgary based and WJ will likely continue to be a mix of Calgary and Toronto based.

Take care,
Dave

Return to “WestJet”