STARS

This forum has been developed to discuss helicopter related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

EPR
Rank 7
Rank 7

STARS

Post by EPR »

STARS, small market and ahead of it's time in Saskatoon?
The story is on page 5.
http://issuu.com/saskatoon_express/docs/sx20131021
---------- ADS -----------

Heliian
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: STARS

Post by Heliian »

Wow, that would have to be the most uneducated, non researched article that I've seen in a long time. STARS is the name of the company, not the mission profile. Also, the nice thing about helicopters is that they can land almost anywhere, even a parking lot next to a hospital, don't need pads, but they help for sure. If the pilot elected to not land at an unprepared site like said, that is really a non event, they are not going to risk more lives by trying to do something dangerous. And she says herself stupidly putting a cost on peoples lives. I'll gladly pay 35000 to save a life, but that is just a number made up for the article not the actual cost per patient. Health care in this country needs and deserves the funding. The funding for that rag of a newspaper should be pulled.

Schooner69A
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Schooner69A »

Heliian: I was about to sling a bucket of abuse at the writer of the article until I realized that you had done it for me. For some time, I have been of the opinion that a lot of "newspaper columnists" pen articles that are designed to promote discussion/p*ss off people/raise emotion etc. and have nothing to do with their personal beliefs. The article was a case in point for all the items you raised.

A pox on all their houses!

John

The Mole
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by The Mole »

STARS is private for profit "charity". They got a no bid government contract. The public perceptions is that STARS is free, because they fundraise. In reality they charge handsomely for there services. They fundraise to buy aircraft. Then bill cost recovery to the provinces. Its the perfect scam. At least they pay there pilots well..

godsrcrazy
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by godsrcrazy »

The Mole wrote:STARS is private for profit "charity". They got a no bid government contract. The public perceptions is that STARS is free, because they fundraise. In reality they charge handsomely for there services. They fundraise to buy aircraft. Then bill cost recovery to the provinces. Its the perfect scam. At least they pay there pilots well..

AS was Ornge out of Ontario

EPR
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by EPR »

Keep the dirty side down.

Return to “Helicopter Forum”