Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

URC
Rank 4
Rank 4

Canada Jetlines Ltd ?

Post by URC »

Canada Jetlines Ltd ?
CANADA JETLINES LTD. is an business incorporated in Canada registered under Canada Business Corporations Act - 2012-08-28.
Their business is recorded as active. It is not part of a group.

Address

1000 - 840 Howe Street
Vancouver BC V6Z 2M1

Current Officer Name

Daniel James Scott
http://www.canada-companies-info.com/ca ... -ltd-7mu9/

Anyone know anything about these guys ? Rumours of an A319 operation out of Vancouver ? Who is Daniel James Scott ?
---------- ADS -----------

Bede
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: Canada Jetlines Ltd ?

Post by Bede »

A phantom company used to strike fear into the eyes of Westjet pilots during contract time. See also Enerjet.

FL020
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by FL020 »

That's all we need.....another medium jet operator paying captd less than 70k a year!

CanadianEh
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by CanadianEh »

AsheetMaDraws
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by AsheetMaDraws »

That's all we need.....another medium jet operator paying captd less than 70k a year!
Obviously you don't remember what Westjet paid when they entered service.
Fact is, we all have or will have to start on the low end, see Rouge's starting pay.
This country could use another airline. Any flight I have been on as of late is near full, be it
AC or Westjet.
Good luck to those giving it a go at Canada Jetlines and those that will benefit from being
employed by there.

andyjamable
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by andyjamable »

These guys have been all over news today. Don't have a fleet, but hope to have sixteen A319s by 2016

777longhaul
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by 777longhaul »

anyone have:

email contact?
web address for employment?
telephone number for anyone, with name?
website?
other contact information, other than the snail mail address that is a canned operation on Howe Street?

the AK
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by the AK »

AsheetMaDraws wrote:Obviously you don't remember what Westjet paid when they entered service.

WJ started in the mid 90's. Anyone with a brain can go onto google and put that starting wage into an inflation calculator and let me know what that "starting wage" looks like compared to the "starting wage" in todays money at Encore. If you still feel these low cost carriers are offering a fair wage then factor in the increase in housing and gasoline costs, just for starters. As for the argument that these places have a great company culture, well, as soon as I can pay my mortgage with great company culture I will start paying more attention. Westjet Encore has been conducting interviews over the past few months and in that time out of those who have been offered a job more have declined the position than have accepted. My hat goes off to those who said no.

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”