New Hire Class January 2014?

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

DHC-1 Jockey
Rank 8
Rank 8

New Hire Class January 2014?

Post by DHC-1 Jockey »

Scuttlebutt around the crew room is there are 60 new hires coming online with a class starting next month. Is this for real? I'd be expecting layoffs or LOA's/RTB's/LBW's since we're losing some RJ routes. If this is true i didn't know so many F/O's were leaving.

Thoughts?
---------- ADS -----------

tdp19
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: New Hire Class January 2014?

Post by tdp19 »

DHC-1 Jockey wrote:Scuttlebutt around the crew room is there are 60 new hires coming online with a class starting next month. Is this for real? I'd be expecting layoffs or LOA's/RTB's/LBW's since we're losing some RJ routes. If this is true i didn't know so many F/O's were leaving.

Thoughts?
I was flying with a guy before the news about ggn came out and he predicted around 50 new hires next year, havent heard the rumour since the news. Look at the seniority list, last time i looked i think it was around 1460, was 1510 9 months ago.

prop2jet
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by prop2jet »

I doubt that many would be hired given all the speculation concerning the next equipment bid. Wait until the end of January(when the next bid is out) for the real picture. The only rumour I have heard is another Q400 from YYZ going to YYC.

teacher
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by teacher »

I too have heard of hiring. Word I heard was folks leaving for other companies creating vacancies.

https://eresonatemedia.com/
https://bambaits.ca/
https://youtube.com/channel/UCWit8N8YCJSvSaiSw5EWWeQ
Mône
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Mône »

DHC-1 Jockey wrote:Scuttlebutt around the crew room is there are 60 new hires coming online with a class starting next month. Is this for real? I'd be expecting layoffs or LOA's/RTB's/LBW's since we're losing some RJ routes. If this is true i didn't know so many F/O's were leaving.

Thoughts?
I beleive we are not losing any routes to GGN, they are adding some for them, our flying remains mostly unchanged from what I understand

prop2jet
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by prop2jet »

Mône wrote:

Thoughts?
I beleive we are not losing any routes to GGN, they are adding some for them, our flying remains mostly unchanged from what I understand
Best you go back and review the RFP announcement AC issued a few months ago. Transborder routes currently being flown by Jazz to be farmed out to another carrier with Jazz being shut out of the RFP process. This was confirmed by JR himself.

DHC-1 Jockey
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by DHC-1 Jockey »

Spoke to a union rep yesterday; There will indeed be hiring most likely starting in February. I didn't ask about the number of new hires.

AllClutch
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by AllClutch »

Any guesses on if the first classes will be filled with their Jazz Cadets?

indieadventurer
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by indieadventurer »

Any guesses as to equipment and bases?

teacher
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by teacher »

There will probably be some Jazz cadets and some experienced candidates as in most courses. Just a guess though.

As for the bid, nobody knows and everybody is very curious as to what it will hold.

https://eresonatemedia.com/
https://bambaits.ca/
https://youtube.com/channel/UCWit8N8YCJSvSaiSw5EWWeQ
Cisbour
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Cisbour »

Do you guys have a clue when this Jan bid will be held? End of the month?

tdp19
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by tdp19 »

I heard tentatively 2 g/s in feb, 1 in march

Localizer
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Localizer »

My positive side says if they're hiring, maybe some upgrades to go along with it??!

Mmmmm good steam whistle!

Fish N. Chips
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Fish N. Chips »

Bump.

DHC-1 Jockey
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by DHC-1 Jockey »

The bid, which shows hiring numbers was supposed to be out today but is now delayed until next Wednesday.

Flap_Operator
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Flap_Operator »

DHC-1 Jockey wrote:The bid, which shows hiring numbers was supposed to be out today but is now delayed until next Wednesday.
Which shows hiring numbers?... Is this speculation on your part, or you know for a fact that the bid shows hiring numbers and not downgrades or nil movement?.
From what I speculate, if the bid is postponed, that means they haven't come to a decision/conclusion yet.... Right? So there is no way of knowing for sure that there will be hiring...? Unless you have inside info... Then ill just shutup haha

streets ahead
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by streets ahead »

You're taking it too literally. The upcoming bid shows base\roster requirements. So it could be hiring\re-alignment\downgrade\layoff etc etc.

DHC-1 Jockey
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by DHC-1 Jockey »

My "inside source" is a union rep who says that there will be hiring in the coming months. While there may be reductions, there are bases with almost zero F/O reserve coverage, so it looks like too many Capt's and not enough F/O's as the bottom third keeps recycling as people leave for Sunwing/Encore/Rouge et al.

Cisbour
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Cisbour »

Well I don't know what your "Inside source" thinks about these reductions in YHZ, YVR and YYZ eh now....These rumours seem to have faded quite a bit I must say. Wait and see?

Flap_Operator
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Flap_Operator »

DHC-1 Jockey wrote:My "inside source" is a union rep who says that there will be hiring in the coming months. While there may be reductions, there are bases with almost zero F/O reserve coverage, so it looks like too many Capt's and not enough F/O's as the bottom third keeps recycling as people leave for Sunwing/Encore/Rouge et al.

Hmmmm ... It was wishful thinking, i would have loved for you to be right, but I think it is time for you to change your inside sources buddy.

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”