Air Canada Rouge to expand to Vancouver, Calgary

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

C208
Rank 2
Rank 2

Air Canada Rouge to expand to Vancouver, Calgary

Post by C208 »

---------- ADS -----------

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10
Location: I'm retired. I don't want to'I don't have to and you can't make me.

Re: Air Canada Rouge to expand to Vancouver, Calgary

Post by Old fella »

Silly looking hats for their FAs......... what's next a comedy act like the other crowd.
:lol:

The Raven
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by The Raven »

Old fella wrote:Silly looking hats for their FAs......... what's next a comedy act like the other crowd.
:lol:
While I agree the hats are a bit silly looking to old farts like you and me, apparently they are trendy. More importantly is the in-flight service. I went to Edinburgh and back this summer on Rouge. I was pleasantly surprised. No corny jokes (like Westjet) but a very relaxed, informal service (compared to Air Canada mainline). The service was better than I anticipated it would be. What impressed me was that when someone rang their call bell, 2 flight attendants (1 from the front, 1 from the back) responded within seconds.

I've booked them again to go to Costa Rica in March. Not on a pass either, full fare.

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10
Location: I'm retired. I don't want to'I don't have to and you can't make me.

Post by Old fella »

Yup........ I did hear their in-flight service was better than expected.

cv990
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by cv990 »

Service might be good, but a sardine can is a sardine can is a sardine can..........

DH772
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by DH772 »

Hey it's been working for WJ, along with tons of other carriers across the world. Nothing new here.

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

I just had a look at their website, and they say the seat pitch is 29in! Transat, Westjet and Air Canada (even Jazz) all have 31-32in pitch or higher. Those extra 3 inches make a hell of a difference if you're tall, especially if you're in the sardine can for 8+ hours!

DH772
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by DH772 »

I just had a look at their website, and they say the seat pitch is 29in! Transat, Westjet and Air Canada (even Jazz) all have 31-32in pitch or higher. Those extra 3 inches make a hell of a difference if you're tall, especially if you're in the sardine can for 8+ hours!
You can't completely judge seat pitch with regards to legroom alone. It is also dependent upon the thickness of the seat. So thinner seats usually allows smaller seat pitches to make up room (ever ride on Encore? Worst seats ever! Nothing worse than a 2'' seat, minimal seat pitch and plastic armrests that scratch you).
FOR EXAMPLE, westjet shows a seat pitch of 32''. The AC emb 190 shows seat pitch of 32''. anyone who has ever flown on both would agree there is TONS more legroom on an EMB. And on that note, there is a reason why westjet doesn't post seat width on their website.

Secondly, that 29'' pitch seat is shown for 319. Not 767. So not unless someone has facts (cause I don't) about seat pitch on 767 I don't think you can just assume it has same pitch as 319.

I can't personally reference Rouge yet but of all Canadian carriers I've flown on, Westjet is on the top of my list for most uncomfortable seats.

Changes in Latitudes
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Changes in Latitudes »

See I told you if we didn't wash our hands and cover our mouths when we coughed that this Rouge thing would spread around the country. Great.

North Shore
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by North Shore »

Why are pilots arguing about seat pitch?

If there's not enough legroom, then reach down and slide the seat back a little :lol:

Say, what's that mountain goat doing up here in the mist?
Happiness is V1 at Thompson!
Ass, Licence, Job. In that order.
FICU
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by FICU »

The "other" national airline cuts off a good chunk of the bottom seat cushion, even on the "Plus" seats "Plus" should mean more not less... how long before all you get is a butt seat with no leg support with these low cost carriers? "Low cost" doesn't have to mean uncomfortable.

loopa
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by loopa »

FICU wrote:...how long before all you get is a butt seat with no leg support with these low cost carriers? ...
Not long apparently... :lol:

Here's an article from 2010

http://travel.usatoday.com/flights/2010 ... 0_ST_N.htm

ratherbee
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ratherbee »

Seat cushions.... luxury!

What about standing room only and lav seating?

http://www.theguardian.com/business/201 ... -regulator

sstaurus
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by sstaurus »

They might as well start tranquilizing people on the way in the door and start stacking the unconscious bodies. Adjust the dose for the length of the flight. Bam, done. :lol:

FICU
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by FICU »

Oh My!

SAR_YQQ
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by SAR_YQQ »

Changes in Latitudes wrote: this Rouge thing would spread around the country.
The entire Caribbean is going Rouge - no more mainline down that way.

thenoflyzone
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by thenoflyzone »

DH772 wrote: Secondly, that 29'' pitch seat is shown for 319. Not 767. So not unless someone has facts (cause I don't) about seat pitch on 767 I don't think you can just assume it has same pitch as 319.
The Rouge 767s have 30 inch seat pitch.
Transat offers anywhere from 32 to 33 inch seat pitch on their A310s and newly configured A332s and A333s.

Say what you want, Rouge is lowering the bar big time in terms of seat pitch. But, no different than what Easyjet or Ryanair are doing over in Europe, or Spirit and SouthWest in the States.

Thenoflyzone

Genetk44
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Genetk44 »

DH772 wrote:
You can't completely judge seat pitch with regards to legroom alone. It is also dependent upon the thickness of the seat. So thinner seats usually allows smaller seat pitches to make up room (ever ride on Encore? Worst seats ever! Nothing worse than a 2'' seat, minimal seat pitch and plastic armrests that scratch you).
FOR EXAMPLE, westjet shows a seat pitch of 32''. The AC emb 190 shows seat pitch of 32''. anyone who has ever flown on both would agree there is TONS more legroom on an EMB. And on that note, there is a reason why westjet doesn't post seat width on their website.

Secondly, that 29'' pitch seat is shown for 319. Not 767. So not unless someone has facts (cause I don't) about seat pitch on 767 I don't think you can just assume it has same pitch as 319.

I can't personally reference Rouge yet but of all Canadian carriers I've flown on, Westjet is on the top of my list for most uncomfortable seats.
Sorry but 29 inches is still 29 inches. But I understand what you are trying to say. The Rouge A319 seats,even the ones in Rouges' pseudo-business class, called Rouge Premium...are all the new " slimline seats".....thin 2" seats shortened seat cushions and short,narrow hard plastic armrests that you can't actually use......these seats have just allowed them to add rows, passengers,those over 5'8 knees will still be jammed into the backs of the people in front of them. They really really really suck.

Leightonzook
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Leightonzook »

I had a flight from Florida to Toronto this spring with air rouge. We watched the pilot
And two stewardess get out of the plane to do the circle check. Pilot had on
Safety vest girls didn't. Then we watched the girls jump up into the engine
Intake compartment and pose there as the pilot took pictures. It was very
Very windy and the fan was turning behind them. Got it all on video. Not
Impressed at all with the unprofessionalness of the crew. I won't be flying
With them again.

Just because you can't fly it straight dosn't mean it's the planes fault
parallel60
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by parallel60 »

Leightonzook wrote:I had a flight from Florida to Toronto this spring with air rouge. We watched the pilot
And two stewardess get out of the plane to do the circle check. Pilot had on
Safety vest girls didn't. Then we watched the girls jump up into the engine
Intake compartment and pose there as the pilot took pictures. It was very
Very windy and the fan was turning behind them. Got it all on video. Not
Impressed at all with the unprofessionalness of the crew. I won't be flying
With them again.

Unprofessional? Why? Did you fly through the air after your video ended and arrive safely to your destination? All airlines have taken those photos so I guess you will be taking the train/bus/boat or car next time...I'm betting you won't.

Return to “Air Canada”