Sochi

Discussion of topics related to corporate aviation throughout the world.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

Galaxy
Rank 3
Rank 3

Sochi

Post by Galaxy »

Any flying to Sochi for the Olympics?
---------- ADS -----------

bizjets101
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: Sochi

Post by bizjets101 »

Galaxy
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Galaxy »

Thanks Biz. Been there. Looking for more Canadian flavour.

turbine works fine
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by turbine works fine »

Flying in for a quick drop then over to Trabzon for a few days, how about you?!

bizjets101
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by bizjets101 »

[mailto:attilap@eurojet-service.com]
Sent: 29 January 2014 08:38
To: Operations
Subject: RE: / 06FEB, 10FEB / URSS / RECEIPT CONFIRMATION

Dear All,

Last night we received a notice from URSS that the airport authorities have implemented a new “landing surcharge” for all business jets under 52 tons.
The surcharge is 1,500,000.00 RUB , approximately 32,000.00 EUR (yes, you see it right: thirty-two thousand EUR).

This notice was sent to the 3 contracted handling companies at URSS, and all 3 companies are right now fighting with the airport to reverse these fees, as it is purely unacceptable.

As of today, the above fee is valid, if anything changes we will immediately let you know.

We assume that the airport at the end will reduce this fee, but still be expecting a super high landing fee in Sochi.

I hope I come back with some good news soon.

Attila Papai
Key Account Manager - Euro Jet

Jet Jockey
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Jet Jockey »

bizjets101 wrote:[mailto:attilap@eurojet-service.com]
Sent: 29 January 2014 08:38
To: Operations
Subject: RE: / 06FEB, 10FEB / URSS / RECEIPT CONFIRMATION

Dear All,

Last night we received a notice from URSS that the airport authorities have implemented a new “landing surcharge” for all business jets under 52 tons.
The surcharge is 1,500,000.00 RUB , approximately 32,000.00 EUR (yes, you see it right: thirty-two thousand EUR).

This notice was sent to the 3 contracted handling companies at URSS, and all 3 companies are right now fighting with the airport to reverse these fees, as it is purely unacceptable.

As of today, the above fee is valid, if anything changes we will immediately let you know.

We assume that the airport at the end will reduce this fee, but still be expecting a super high landing fee in Sochi.

I hope I come back with some good news soon.

Attila Papai
Key Account Manager - Euro Jet
Yes saw that on another forum...

We had one of our aircrafts going to Sochi and then moving to the Greek Islands but the flight as just been cancelled. I don't know if the fee played into the decision of the cancellation but regardless I think this fee is totally unjustifiable and stupid!

Hope others cancel on the principal that this is highway robbery.

Galaxy
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Galaxy »

We heard of this absurdity yesterday too. The plan was to drop in Sochi and park up north. Now who knows.....? They're sure doing themselves a huge disservice. All the Russians need now is more bad publicity.

cdnpilot77
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by cdnpilot77 »

The major headlines about these Olympics (beyond security) has been "Sochi, most corrupt games ever". It is no surprise that the airport authority wants their piece of the corruption.

ScudRunner
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by ScudRunner »

Out of curiosity I know that YVR was slot controlled for obvious reasons during the Olympics but were the landing and handling fees raised as well? (obviously not 50K :shock: )

ahramin
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by ahramin »

Honestly it's the olympics in Russia. Can you think of a more perfect combination of corrupt entities?

Don't like the price? Don't go. I do feel sorry for the crews having to cancel trips though. It's awful planning out an interesting and fun trip and then having it canceled.

bizjets101
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by bizjets101 »

Putin oversaw the sale of Sochi Airport in 2006 to his Billionaire friend Oleg Deripaska - under some weird Russian law - Oleg could buy everything except the runways - which he leases from the Russian Govt..

bizjets101
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by bizjets101 »

Posted Feb 6 2014 from AIN online;

In the past couple of weeks, some U.S. business jet operators had expressed concern about what they understood to be landing/handling fees of 1.5 million rubles ($43,000) for each business jet arriving at Sochi, but a spokesman for handling agent Universal Weather & Aviation told AIN today that the official Notam for Sochi operations suggests this figure is in fact a fine/penalty for any business aircraft that misses its slot reservation time by more than 30 minutes.

turbo-prop
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by turbo-prop »

. wrote:Out of curiosity I know that YVR was slot controlled for obvious reasons during the Olympics but were the landing and handling fees raised as well? (obviously not 50K :shock: )
Had to clear in YYC or YYJ $2000 landing fee at either place, and a $2000 fee to land in YVR

Return to “Corporate”