New Hire Class January 2014?

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Blue Side Up
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: New Hire Class January 2014?

Post by Blue Side Up »

Stinky wrote:24 Vacancies,

6 YUL DH8
7 YYC CRJ
6 YYC DH8
5 YYC Q400

Thanks Stinky, appreciate the info!
---------- ADS -----------

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

Stinky wrote:24 Vacancies,

6 YUL DH8
7 YYC CRJ
6 YYC DH8
5 YYC Q400
Plus attrition. Probably at least 50-70 new-hires for 2014.

Fish N. Chips
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Fish N. Chips »

Any GS dates yet? Will there be one? Or more than one?

Canoehead
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Canoehead »

April 7 is the next scheduled course.

AllClutch
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by AllClutch »

2 groundschools of 10.
Apr 7
Apr 25 or 28

The calls went out last week for the first one at least.

Canoehead
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Canoehead »

28th

AllClutch
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by AllClutch »

The first class looks to be all 250 hour college grads. Apparently at least 6 from Seneca alone.
Is this indicative of Jazz's future hiring?

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

Likely Yes... Experience is not required because your upgrade times will be in the decades at the current pace. Also 250hr wonders tend to stick around longer because they don't have the hours or an ATPL to go elsewhere.

Let’s Go Brandon
Stinky
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Stinky »

Probably a good move, zero chance of any upgrades happening at Jazz. This lets the low time guys get some experience and Jazz won't have such high turnover.

JLA
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by JLA »

Yeah awesome move. Experienced pilots will have to take the crap WAWCON at sky regional if they want to go fly regional airplanes while college grads will be enjoying the decent payscale at Jazz. I feel sad for all of us...

Big Pistons Forever
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Big Pistons Forever »

Stinky wrote:Probably a good move, zero chance of any upgrades happening at Jazz. This lets the low time guys get some experience and Jazz won't have such high turnover.
What a totally shitty situation !

250 hr know nothing wannabe's straight to the right seat of a 70 seat 350 kt T-prop or a jet airliner, a scenario that is now impossible in the US but is now the preferred hiring strategy of Canada's largest regional airline :x

SOBIESKI
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by SOBIESKI »

JLA wrote:Yeah awesome move. Experienced pilots will have to take the crap WAWCON at sky regional if they want to go fly regional airplanes while college grads will be enjoying the decent payscale at Jazz. I feel sad for all of us...
Did the pilots at sky regional get tricked into the crap WACON they have? I don't think so! I'm sure many of them would rather fly a jet for peanuts, rather then work at Jazz and fly a old Dash.

4Stroke
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by 4Stroke »

AllClutch wrote:The first class looks to be all 250 hour college grads. Apparently at least 6 from Seneca alone.
Do you have a source on this AllClutch?

I do know the Seneca-Jazz cadet partnership is a thing, and there will be a handful of grads each year, but I am very skeptical that the entire class is made up of college folks.
Our DFO recently (as in February recently) told us in ground school that it will be a continued, yet *minor* stream of all Jazz candidates going forward. They do still intend to hire the majority of pilots from the 703/704 world.

In the DFO's words, there is still a significant pilot pool of experienced candidates.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

4S

tdp19
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by tdp19 »

4Stroke wrote:
AllClutch wrote:The first class looks to be all 250 hour college grads. Apparently at least 6 from Seneca alone.
Do you have a source on this AllClutch?

I do know the Seneca-Jazz cadet partnership is a thing, and there will be a handful of grads each year, but I am very skeptical that the entire class is made up of college folks.
Our DFO recently (as in February recently) told us in ground school that it will be a continued, yet *minor* stream of all Jazz candidates going forward. They do still intend to hire the majority of pilots from the 703/704 world.

In the DFO's words, there is still a significant pilot pool of experienced candidates.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

4S
There are 7 seneca kids in April 7th groundschool. Probably keeping them together so they can study together. I am not a fan of this, but as a previous poster mentioned, its great for the company. They are not gonna leave after a year or two because they got nowhere to go. Sucks for the qualified guys waiting to get hired though!

DH772
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by DH772 »

Yeah awesome move. Experienced pilots will have to take the crap WAWCON at sky regional if they want to go fly regional airplanes while college grads will be enjoying the decent payscale at Jazz. I feel sad for all of us...
Stop your self loathing. Your career is what you make of it. So don't sit there and cry like a little baby. There are tons of great jobs out there and ways to advance your career (even better then Jazz, pending you're looking for long term). If you can't see that then you are extremely narrow minded.

for example. Ever hear of Porter? They offer roughly same pay and a captain seat 10 years earlier then jazz? So don't sit here and cry about you having to take crap WAWCON jobs.

Your career is as good as you make it to be!

av8ts
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by av8ts »

SOBIESKI wrote:
JLA wrote:Yeah awesome move. Experienced pilots will have to take the crap WAWCON at sky regional if they want to go fly regional airplanes while college grads will be enjoying the decent payscale at Jazz. I feel sad for all of us...
Did the pilots at sky regional get tricked into the crap WACON they have? I don't think so! I'm sure many of them would rather fly a jet for peanuts, rather then work at Jazz and fly a old Dash.
Pilot says---look cool shiny jet, how much do i have to pay you to let me fly it

doorhandle27
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by doorhandle27 »

Maybe dumb pilot thinks there is no future at Jazz and they must find work elsewhere. Mind you I wouldn't look at regionals for work anyway.

teacher
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by teacher »

No future at Jazz? No future in the piloting profession if folks leave decent paying jobs for the lowest bidder. We are just helpers in our own demise.

https://eresonatemedia.com/
https://bambaits.ca/
https://youtube.com/channel/UCWit8N8YCJSvSaiSw5EWWeQ
Blue Side Up
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Blue Side Up »

Does anybody know what bases and equipment are available for April 7th?

teacher
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by teacher »

It more than likely won't be announced until the first day of ground school.

https://eresonatemedia.com/
https://bambaits.ca/
https://youtube.com/channel/UCWit8N8YCJSvSaiSw5EWWeQ

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”