Air Canada pilot hiring contract?

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

tractor747
Rank 3
Rank 3

Air Canada pilot hiring contract?

Post by tractor747 »

When a pilot applies to Air Canada and passes all the necessary steps-medical-etc, do you sign a document obliging to the rules and regulations of Air Canada that all your information that you have delivered in your resume is true and correct? I mean in this contract if there is one does it mention that you did not commit any crimes and so on?

I'm interested to find out from past and present Air Canada pilots if they signed such a document as they were hired at AC.

thank you, and if anyone has access to one and wouldn't mind sharing it here or private message it to me.
---------- ADS -----------

Krimson
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Air Canada pilot hiring contract?

Post by Krimson »

If you are honestly thinking about falsifying your hours in your logbook to get hired at Air Canada, you will eventually get caught.

There are so many steps along the way where your lack of experience will show. I would strongly advise you to drop all the questions regarding falsifying information. It is illegal, and there is no way to skip ahead to the later years of your career. It will come with time.

tractor747
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by tractor747 »

Krimson wrote:If you are honestly thinking about falsifying your hours in your logbook to get hired at Air Canada, you will eventually get caught.

There are so many steps along the way where your lack of experience will show. I would strongly advise you to drop all the questions regarding falsifying information. It is illegal, and there is no way to skip ahead to the later years of your career. It will come with time.

Thank you for the feedback Krimson,

By the way I am not all interested in falsifying my log book on any part of my flying career, I am just wondering what can happen to a present AC pilot that falsified their log book and broke other aviation laws to further their career and then came aboard AC and got a flying gig and signed this hiring document ( I don't know the exact term ) that confirms to AC that they are good little pilots that didn't do anything wrong. Can they get fired if AC found out.

tractor747

zulutime
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by zulutime »

tractor747 wrote:
Krimson wrote:If you are honestly thinking about falsifying your hours in your logbook to get hired at Air Canada, you will eventually get caught.

Thank you for the feedback Krimson,

By the way I am not all interested in falsifying my log book on any part of my flying career, I am just wondering what can happen to a present AC pilot that falsified their log book and broke other aviation laws to further their career and then came aboard AC and got a flying gig and signed this hiring document ( I don't know the exact term ) that confirms to AC that they are good little pilots that didn't do anything wrong. Can they get fired if AC found out.

tractor747
Do you really have to ask that question in order to know the answer?

Gate Go
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Gate Go »

Albeit not with AC, remember when this happened?
http://www2.canada.com/calgaryherald/ne ... b74b7fe169
I have just been through the "vetting" process and to say they are thorough in figuring out who you are, would be an understatement.

MRP
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by MRP »

Regarding criminal records / offence etc... The only question any Canadian employer is legally allowed to ask is "Have you been convicted of any criminal offence for which you have not been pardoned?". If you have been convicted AND pardoned, or charged then discharged or conditionally discharged then you may answer NO (a discharge or conditional discharge are not considered a conviction even though a sentence may be handed, usually probation). Of course, even with a pardon there may be restrictions for travel that may or may not prevent you from working for AC (they will ask about any travel restrictions or bans). For example if US customs and immigration is aware of your conviction, even with a Canadian pardon you will need a waiver to enter the US which can take months and needs to be constantly renewed.

As far as the "true and correct" signature at AC, I signed lots of them on lots of documents when I started. I'm sure if they caught me falsifying anything (logbooks, criminal records, education, etc...) that I wrote on those documents I'd be fired with no questions. Employment probation ends 1 year after your completion of training (line check), so they don't need a reason to let you go before that date.

rooster
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by rooster »

Based on this guys thread of falsifying hours in the log book, I don't think he's asking here out of pure curiosity.

One of two (maybe 3, but very unlikely) things is happening:

1) he's asking because he's considering falsifying hours in his book or he's just looking at hiding something and is posting here anonymously to see if he can find just one person to legitimately justify doing so.

2) he is a troll and you all are seriously too oblivious to see through these posts. I say that because common sense should deter these kinds of questions, like his other thread on her, to ever be asked, especially on an Internet forum.

3) (unlikely) he's genuine and is really curious. Bored, but curious.

tractor747
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by tractor747 »

rooster wrote:Based on this guys thread of falsifying hours in the log book, I don't think he's asking here out of pure curiosity.

One of two (maybe 3, but very unlikely) things is happening:

1) he's asking because he's considering falsifying hours in his book or he's just looking at hiding something and is posting here anonymously to see if he can find just one person to legitimately justify doing so.

2) he is a troll and you all are seriously too oblivious to see through these posts. I say that because common sense should deter these kinds of questions, like his other thread on her, to ever be asked, especially on an Internet forum.

3) (unlikely) he's genuine and is really curious. Bored, but curious.
I am not considering falsifying my log book or any other log book, why don't we just all close this thread since you think I'm a dipstick. I am not an airline pilot but I know one that did this hence the question. Let's put this post to rest and no more comments and thank you for your words.

Aviatorcaptain
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Aviatorcaptain »

I know a guy that's done this more then once. In fact both times it got him the job!

Return to “Air Canada”